NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second message wasent for you, was for that other idiot ranting about bull crap.

Anyhow, ihave you tried turning off fastwrites? Do you think fastwrites improves it?

seevip... dont shoot me... relax

We all know that greediness can lead to unpleasant surprises.*

All quiet on the Western (bf42) front which i played for 2,5 years and moved on to BF2.

I also prepared a good pc to play this game at least for a couple of years.

From experience i know that there is no need for mega mega fps, but a steady 50/60 frames

and most of the eyecandy on is preferable to enjoy "a" game.

It is a fact that (at the moment) BF2 is far from a perfect game and some good patches are needed

for this buggy game.

*Your setup is more then perfect to play BF2.

I play BF2 (see sig) graka not overclocked with no problems @ 1280x960 (crt)

lightning and shadows medium although wish i had 2048MB ram for loading speeds.

Fastwrite and sideband on.

A fact is also that BF2 is very sens on overclocking especially on vid-cards, have you

tried stock settings and run the game? Dual screenies can also mess up your fps.

Saying this mobo stinks combined with your other great components is as you know bull.

So just for your peace of mind, try stock settings for your vid-card and play on one monitor..remove the second

monitor.

I only have a little stutter at the start of a mp-game 20 seconds and runs great after....

Another 2x1Gb will only come if EA doesnt fix the mem-hog bug in a month or so.

Conclusion BF2 is not ready, read all the trouble people are having and the most of them dont own a DFI nF3 ultra ;)

Lol, i know that.

Yes i have tried that i didnt see any major decrease in framerates.

Another thing... did you turn off v-sync? try that

Oh and btw the framerate of BF2 is capped at 100 fps.

seevip, just enjoy the game as i do with all the bugs included and dont make it a obsession.

Maybe we better start a new thread, because i think we are off-topic and others got disturbed by this.

The second message wasent for you, was for that other idiot ranting about bull crap.

Anyhow, ihave you tried turning off fastwrites? Do you think fastwrites improves it?

Guest bobyjo

DFI LP UT nF 3 Ultra D Back on NewEgg

I just visited NewEgg and the board is back. Same price except shipping has been doubled since last time I was looking at them. Guess they have them back in stock.

govtcheez::If you are flashing and the flash is working right. I would RMA the board, I would suggest checking everything on the board. Memory sticks, are a very troublesome item. My new board refuses to operate with BH5 memory. This blows my mind, I had a reboot problem, when I pulled the BH5 memory and replaced with TCCD there has been not a problem one. Just a hint to check everything, move things around such as memory sticks in different slots. Use only one stick and see if this solves your problem. Whick slots do you have the memory sticks in? If you have them in the yellow slots, try orange, if you have them in orange, try yellow. Remove every doubt before returning the board. AS PER TECH SUPPORT yesterday they are a full two weeks behind in RMA's. You might find a solution and not be without your board.

I tried searching for an answer, but couldn't find it. :(

Okay...for 705/711 some people are having trouble with settings sticking and or getting stuck in a boot and re-boot loop...

After flashing go into bios and load optimized defaults. Stay in bios and enable raid if you need to. Save settings and boot to windows. After this reboot into bios and only change ONE THING at a time. Example...Set hammer to your cpu's default multiplier. Save and boot to windows. Reboot and set agp to 67mhz, save and boot to windows. Reboot and change ldt to X3, save and boot to windows...etc, etc,...After making several changes it gets to a point where you don't have to do this anymore.

Some people have no problem with the settings and others, like myself, have to do this little ritual for whatever reason. Blinker0 has to do the same thing...

what about 711 bios ????

What about it?

Please make a signature with your system specs so we know what components you are running...

If you are having a specific problem please do a search first. If you can't get the answer you seek then by all means post yer question...

But first and foremost, put a siggy together so we know what we are dealing with.

Guest Jonas

i dont have this board yet but i'm planing to buy one and i want to listen some feedback about the remaining problems with this new bios

i dont have this board yet but i'm planing to buy one and i want to listen some feedback about the remaining problems with this new bios

Go up a few posts and read what I said about 705/711...aside from some users not being able to post after making changes (and my ritual for getting around it on MY system) there's not much to say. This thread is huge and understandably a little daunting to even attempt to read, but the answers are here for you to read instead of being rehashed over and over and over making this thread even bigger than it already is...

Not meaning to sound rude but the answers are already here unless you just bought a board and have a whole new thang that needs to be addressed...