Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest NEC
mines fine...but i've been thinking of replacing it with a Zalman fanless....im gonna get one for my MCE PC, so might aswell get one for this too...

anyone else have the Zalman chipset cooler on this board???

i saw something about the Vantec (or something) one...but not the zalman...

I'd have a Zalman NB47J by now . . . but can't find one anywhere :-(

There's a couple of nF3 Ultra-Ds with the Zalman installed, even pictures . . . some pages after the board was released if I remember correctly.

Hello everybody, I'm new on this forum.My name is Piotr and I'm from Poland...

I just finished to read all posts in this topic (uhhh). I tried to use all BIOS which has been realased but no one is completly good for me. I had a problems with cold boot which has been solved with bios 705 but currently I can't setup HTT3 in BIOS-es with 7xx. In previous one (602) I hadn't any problems but BIOS very often lost settings. Now I have 250MHz FSB and I can't go up because of that HTT !!! My Venice without any problems working with 300MHz FSB on BIOS 602 , so what if I can't save settings and on every cold start I've got default settings. I can't boot with HTT diffrent than 4 even directly after new flash with 705 and 711 BIOS-es (I'm changing only HTT to 3 and mainboard doesn't boot).Any findings? Do you have similar problems?

It used to just be that larger amounts of ram dont clock as well... But Some of todays ram is getting better at clocking.. You may want to try looking at some memory manufactures forums.. and see what problems , and with what ram. and get a concensous. from there... A very good person to ask would be OCZTony..At OCZ's forums.. I am just saying this because I think he also has this Board.. And that is his job Support.. And may be able to give a better understanding.. But he will be partial to OCZ ram.. HEHEH also his job

Thanks dude

I'd have a Zalman NBJ47 by now . . . but can't find one anywhere :-(

There's a couple of nF3 Ultra-Ds with the Zalman installed, even pictures . . . some pages after the board was released if I remember correctly.

cool, thanks for that...i missed that to begin with...

now...which cooler is better...

http://www.vtechindustries.com.au/producti...id=FAN-ZM-NB47J

or

http://www.vtechindustries.com.au/producti...=FANZL-ZM-NB32J

Why is this board no longer listed anywhere? I checked the egg, ZZF, and Monarch. Recalled for a new revision possibly?

@ Terror - congrats :D

@ Drew - There is no one and I mean no one on this forum that can tell you why it is out of stock or not available. This very same question popped up a week or so ago and everybody had to chime in with their own take/speculation.

The board is in stock at Mwave for $118.00

Guest Jonas
Running now with BIOS 711. Very stable and performance actually went up a bit!

what is your max htt ??? and what about voltages flutuation?

why exists 2 version of 711bios? one with 262,xxx bytes and the other with 689,xxx bytes ???

why exists 2 version of 711bios? one with 262,xxx bytes and the other with 689,xxx bytes ???

One file (.zip) contains only the bin file and the other (.exe) contains flash utility, command com, bin and autoexec....it's an automated process that creates a bootable flash floppy for you...

There is only "one" 711 bios...

245x11 @ 2.5-3-3-6 1:1

1.5 VCORE (1.42 actual), 2.8 VDIMM (2.9 actual), 67 AGP.

@ Terror - congrats :D

@ Drew - There is no one and I mean no one on this forum that can tell you why it is out of stock or not available. This very same question popped up a week or so ago and everybody had to chime in with their own take/speculation.

The board is in stock at Mwave for $118.00

Its *possible* that all the stock was sold out and DFI is waiting until they find a stable BIOS to put on any future boards and then begin shipping out boards with a more stable stock BIOS. I know several Canadian retailers are still selling the stock they still have.

From what DFI Tech have been telling me, there are no plans for a new revision. But BIOS support still continues.