NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest bobyjo

Donna told me Thursday that they would have a fresh supply of bios chips in a shipment due there Monday 8/1.

She said they would strart shipping the reworked bios at that time. I don't know if they are holding up shipping of the board till Monday, or if they are just gonna have a rework on the bios chip Monday.

It may be that if you need a bios chip, I would contact Tech Support and discuss with them about this possibility.

AG or RG could help you on this matter I am sure.

"That is if you be really nice when you ask for assistance".

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody, I'm new on this forum.My name is Piotr and I'm from Poland...

I just finished to read all posts in this topic (uhhh). I tried to use all BIOS which has been realased but no one is completly good for me. I had a problems with cold boot which has been solved with bios 705 but currently I can't setup HTT3 in BIOS-es with 7xx. In previous one (602) I hadn't any problems but BIOS very often lost settings. Now I have 250MHz FSB and I can't go up because of that HTT !!! My Venice without any problems working with 300MHz FSB on BIOS 602 , so what if I can't save settings and on every cold start I've got default settings. I can't boot with HTT diffrent than 4 even directly after new flash with 705 and 711 BIOS-es (I'm changing only HTT to 3 and mainboard doesn't boot).Any findings? Do you have similar problems?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have exactly the same problem,if I use any bios other than the 602 I cannot get any changes I make in the bios to stick and end up with the dvd drive thrashing away like mad.

If you go back a few pages you will see that some people have had success with booting into Windows a few times and then going in and changing one setting at a time.

It doesnt work for me unfortunately.

On 602 bios if I go over 260 I cannot get the pc to boot from cold at all unless I unplug the power cable and cycle the reset/power switches.Its only corrupted Windows twice so far :( .

So heres hoping this rumoured bios update will fix all that.

J

Donna told me Thursday that they would have a fresh supply of bios chips in a shipment due there Monday 8/1.

She said they would strart shipping the reworked bios at that time. I don't know if they are holding up shipping of the board till Monday, or if they are just gonna have a rework on the bios chip Monday.

It may be that if you need a bios chip, I would contact Tech Support and discuss with them about this possibility.

AG or RG could help you on this matter I am sure.

"That is if you be really nice when you ask for assistance".

I don't understand, a "bad" batch of registered silicon? Or is defective line

that is to be superceded? Otherwise, bad bios is bad bios.

Edit: Seem bad resistor, bad flash rom, bad voltage, temps. Seem all hardware bad. Maybe bios is "good"?

"It may be that if you need a bios chip, I would contact Tech Support and discuss with them about this possibility."

I don't understand, is this recall what mean by "rework"? Bad batch some or bad

all?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have exactly the same problem,if I use any bios other than the 602 I cannot get any changes I make in the bios to stick and end up with the dvd drive thrashing away like mad.

If you go back a few pages you will see that some people have had success with booting into Windows a few times and then going in and changing one setting at a time.

It doesnt work for me unfortunately.

Fortunately it will work for anybody. I forgot where posted. I had a walkthrough

on this thread that was too long but work for 705/711 if that what you want.

I have stabalized on settings now that are solid using 711 but did have to

redo procedure several times honing on ram/cpu timings. The procedure in

walkthrough was extreme, but all the method now is shave down to a few simple

steps. I may redo walkthrough. Its easy but still some changes you can't make

at all, will cause you no post. Search. If needed I will redo walkthrough for 711.

Thanks

Want to post my ram/cpu timings for anybody interested.

Before though I must state I have ordered new Gskill from Newegg company.

cpu: 235 x 11 @ 3x = 2.59 g in cpuz

At vcore pass + .2 = 1.4 in cpuz

ram: 200 @ 3,4,8,4, 50% DQ, rest auto

I get 6500 Sandra bandwidth

Stable, SuperPi = 32s never seem to change.

I am burning the cpu slowly to take higher voltage, seem SD is like mobile's

lower vcore. I will get the Gskill and take cpu/ram up to 250-260 which is

goal. I think it can do it. My oc is not much but at least, thanks to thread I under

stand how to do it now. Never had a64 before. Just my small oc numbers so far.

Thanks

Edit: I just want to say though, anybody could agree. The XP mobile 2500-2600

are pound for pound greates oc's of all time. I have 2 2600 machines oc to 2.4g,

almost 2 year old, clocked 200x12 from day 1 no problem ever. Great cpu.

Guest bobyjo

rodan ::You are headed down the road in the right direction. Try, test, retry, retest, over and over. This is the way OC'ng has to start. When you find a celing to your memory, write down the settings and particulars, same with your cpu. Then at some point in the future, you could attain your goal, or close enough to it that you would be happy with the outcome.

As far as the bios chips, I was just reporting what Donna told me. She was gonna send one of the new bios chips to me, to aid in getting my system up and running. Needles to say, we were able to get this board to boot, and flashed the bios chip that came in the board. I am running bios #711 rock solid. I can change anything I want in bios and save it. No problems at all, Just as an expierment I was playing around with the memory and cpu settings. I was able to go to 310 without any problems. 320 did not load windows, I think the memory was unalble to work at that speed. I did not keep working with this due to the fact I had only about 10 hours sleep in 3 days. I didn't want to really mess up anything due to the lack of brain power. Right now I am running at 2.5 ghz and the system is rock solid. Ran a sample of 3DMark2001se and scored 25,300. I am happy with this score, the system is very responsive, quick, and stable. What more could I ask.

Guest bobyjo

JasonX ::There is a small square BASICINPUTOUTPUTSYSTEMCHIP located about at the inside end of PCI slot 4.

It is about 3/4" square, has 32 pins on the chip, and has a corner notched out as to allow a PLCC chip puller to grab hold of that chip and pull it from the socket.

You must remove the chip in your board, making sure you pay attention to the orientation of that chip. If you have a new chip you want to install, you must place the new chip exactly oriented in the same way the old chip was orientated.

If it is right, simply push the new chip into the socket. Then turn on the power, press startup and hold down the del key to enter the bios file and set everything like you want it.

I don't know if this gives you enough info on a bios chip or not. If not why not google that name and see what you could find there.