NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

It is very buggy but at this point lots of the bugs are user fixable if you go through the guides here. You CAN run stable with this board but it won't be too easy :)

Heh I don't mind it being that easy, I just want a good overclocking AND fairly solid board. Something I can put a moderate overclock on during school and be reliable. Hell I build computers because I enjoy tweaking them, as long as putting some time into it makes it a solid board, that works for me.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh I don't mind it being that easy, I just want a good overclocking AND fairly solid board. Something I can put a moderate overclock on during school and be reliable. Hell I build computers because I enjoy tweaking them, as long as putting some time into it makes it a solid board, that works for me.

It is nowhere near as bad as people are making it sound. If you like tweaking then you will enjoy this board...

OleG* you say> WDB? Who duh boss? Hehehehehhe. That warning I given unto you was rally fore realz.

I flashet the dang 711KMB2 bios and hit was a death match for the next 9.25 hours and 7 hotflashes of bios chips cuz me deed nut want to given up.

Finully gotten the 6.29 back on and booted to winhores and gatten bios frum the global english site and flashet agin with the winFlash 1.76 set to ALL *CMOS* defaults and flashet and said rebooty and when gotten out of windoors shut the box down and pulled the battery and jumpered cmos to the clear spot and left it and went my b utt to bed. Cummed back this here mornen and putted jumper to running pins and putted the badgerty back in the holder and off to the freeken racez me findully wented. Deeyam 711KMB2 bios. Hehehehehehe.

B utt she now on the 711 thang ant trying to get windoors sattled down sum now.

Me surely thoughted me was an RGone...er. :shake: :nod: :shake: :dog:

@ winston856 - 711 seems okay so far...Nothins blowed up or melted :D

@ blinker0 - You are stubborn!!! Show that mobo who da boss!!!!!!

It is nowhere near as bad as people are making it sound. If you like tweaking then you will enjoy this board...

just need to sell me old laptop and a few bits and bobs and I'll be picking one up.

I just yesterday flashed to 711 and all went fine, except my SATA RAID wont work. When I enable raid it works, but when I enable teh actual SATA drives it wont even post!!

Anyone know what this is about? And sorry if this is a repeat question ive been out of town...

Thanks, Jon.

if you're overclocking, check to see if your are using ports 1 n 2, or 3 n 4. also check the thread linked in my signature...

if you're overclocking, check to see if your are using ports 1 n 2, or 3 n 4. also check the thread linked in my signature...

im using 3+4. The RAID was working fine with 602. But now when I try to enable it in 711 it wont post...

ill check that link.

OleG* you say> WDB? Who duh boss? Hehehehehhe. That warning I given unto you was rally fore realz.

I flashet the dang 711KMB2 bios and hit was a death match for the next 9.25 hours and 7 hotflashes of bios chips cuz me deed nut want to given up.

Finully gotten the 6.29 back on and booted to winhores and gatten bios frum the global english site and flashet agin with the winFlash 1.76 set to ALL *CMOS* defaults and flashet and said rebooty and when gotten out of windoors shut the box down and pulled the battery and jumpered cmos to the clear spot and left it and went my b utt to bed. Cummed back this here mornen and putted jumper to running pins and putted the badgerty back in the holder and off to the freeken racez me findully wented. Deeyam 711KMB2 bios. Hehehehehehe.

B utt she now on the 711 thang ant trying to get windoors sattled down sum now.

Me surely thoughted me was an RGone...er. :shake: :nod: :shake: :dog:

Hey Angry...I think you need to send Rgone a care package man......He's totally lost it. Or take those mobos away from him before he hurts himself permanent like :D

A search of this thread revealed that some have x10 cpu multiplier option. I'm using the original BIOS, but the maximum there is x9. I am otherwise quite happy with this BIOS, but would LOVE a x10 option! Any suggestions how to get x10?

No option my friend...your processor is the 9X limiting factor.

as my message says 7/11.

It's not the fan, it still runs at full RPM even though I can hear it's going to die soon.

I believe the problem with fans dying is because the fan by default is running too fast.

Everyone might want to suggest DFI to look into maybe reducing the fan speed.

5500-6000RPM seems overkill.

No option my friend...your processor is the 9X limiting factor.

What mr Guy is trying to say is that it has nothing to do with BIOS, you bought a CPU that has a highest multiplier of 9, nothing you can do other than buy a different CPU.

I believe the problem with fans dying is because the fan by default is running too fast.

Everyone might want to suggest DFI to look into maybe reducing the fan speed.

5500-6000RPM seems overkill.

That's possible but I am already starting looking for a new once since this one is making crazy sounds and it's a brand new board.