NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

^

I know the resistor problem but i cant tell you if they did remove it or they didn't :/. Its to small to see and i dont got a photocamera. (I only see four dots)

About the cpu:

The cpu already did 2800 mhz @ 1.475 before ;)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ok - hopefully it's just BIOS adjustments and the board you got was a dud ;) Gives us all hope then. I hadn't seen the CPU before though. Very impressive.

More importantly: I got 711 to BOOT AND CHANGE STUFF!! :D - it's all thanks to this fantasic post!

I'm up to Boot 4 so far and i'm going quite well :) Damn I dunno where i'd be without that.

Thank you rodan!

---dens

Trying to install Windows @ stock . . . it just keeps rebooting, BSoD and reboot . . . adjusted CPU VID Control to 1.550 + .01 and 1.550 + .02, keeps rebooting ad infinitum ("touched everything by now") always reboot when Windows Setup says "Examining atapi 8720-something-MB . . . "

Awake for 30hs, can't think straight :) must read whole thread again . . .

Any quick ideas ? i'm in stock BIOS, 602 I guess . . . should I simply flash to 711 or 705 ?

/edit: update:

wow . . . just started installing (I tried Fail Safe Defaults)

D*mn, wish I had seen the link to "rodan's" post. I just spent forever it seems trying to find again how to get 705 to work since I had flashed away from 711 back to 705 and each time it would almost save everything and I started looking to see WHEN it could not save and reboot. YOU could change everything BUT ENABLE RAID the minute you enabled raid it FAILED to post. Humh?

Now that is strange I said. Since 602 has cold boot and 705 and 711 do not > I bet they changed the order of initializing the roms and dorked SATA raid for some folks depending on how fast the drives spin up.

So I left data cables hooked up BUT unplugged power cables to my raid array. And cleared the cmos so I could start fresh. Booted to bios enabled the raid and sure enough the raid enabled since the drives were seen even if only data cables were hooked up so I now shutdown and added power to the Sata drives in raid0 that were aleady seen with just data cable hooked up and no problem at all. A lot shorter and simpler than going around the world with rodan's post although I would have gotten booting faster just to follow his pattern if had seen it but did not. So now I have found a much quicker way to get the 705 and 711 bios to work and not constantly seek the drives immediately after flash.

Basically flash the 705/711 and if using sata raid for sure> just leave data cables attached and unhook power cables. Enable raid in bios and then shutdown and add power to raid drives and you are off to the races. Short and sweet even IF it P*sses me off badly to do such goofy work arounds to make a board boot up and not act a fool.

RGone...

That's ok - hopefully it's just BIOS adjustments and the board you got was a dud ;) Gives us all hope then. I hadn't seen the CPU before though. Very impressive.

More importantly: I got 711 to BOOT AND CHANGE STUFF!! :D - it's all thanks to this fantasic post!

I'm up to Boot 4 so far and i'm going quite well :) Damn I dunno where i'd be without that.

Thank you rodan!

---dens

Trying to install Windows @ stock . . . it just keeps rebooting, BSoD and reboot . . . adjusted CPU VID Control to 1.550 + .01 and 1.550 + .02, keeps rebooting ad infinitum ("touched everything by now") always reboot when Windows Setup says "Examining atapi 8720-something-MB . . . "

Awake for 30hs, can't think straight :) must read whole thread again . . .

Any quick ideas ? i'm in stock BIOS, 602 I guess . . . should I simply flash to 711 or 705 ?

/edit: update:

wow . . . just started installing (I tried Fail Safe Defaults)

Turning APIC off in the BIOS made all the difference between install and BSOD for my xp install

Agree bios is problem. 602 had cold boot, 705/711 don't. Bios is cause not

hardware. I would wait to throw it away. Software (bios) issues difference.

Hang on. If they fix cmos save issues (ide problems) soon, you will not get too

sunburnt.

and when come the fix when the NF15 is coming or what :sweat:

I have a memory question regarding the whole 1T/2T thing. Am I correct in assuming that the advantage of using 1T is greater memory bandwidth? Are there other advantages to 1T over 2T?

Here's why I ask: my prime stable settings at 2T (sig below) are giving me a memory bandwidth of 7049/6981 (Sandra) and 7409 (Everest). These values are better than what I was getting at my max stable 1T settings at the same clockspeed. So I should stick with 2T until I can get my 1T HTT higher, right? Stupid no 10x multiplier with 3000+ make Homer angry!

Guest bobyjo

1T usually is much higher in performance than 2T.

I am not sure of how to explain this to you, probably someone with the savy of lingo could xplane this much better than I.

I do know your system will perform much better as far as speed is concerned, if you are able to run 1T over 2T.

If you cannot run 1T and be stable, of cource you should run 2T under this circumstance.

1T usually is much higher in performance than 2T.

I am not sure of how to explain this to you, probably someone with the savy of lingo could xplane this much better than I.

I do know your system will perform much better as far as speed is concerned, if you are able to run 1T over 2T.

If you cannot run 1T and be stable, of cource you should run 2T under this circumstance.

Yeah, that's what I figured, 1T is better than 2T performance-wise. But my benchmarks on 3dMark0x are better at 2T, 326 than they were at 1T, 260ish. Further, my memory bandwidth is better too! So again, is 1T better performance for other reasons that I can't test?

Guest bobyjo

Just courious, NewEgg has pulled thier DFI LP UT nF3 U D from thier site.

Does anyone know anything about why?

I just noticed this today, This is the vender I use most of the time, the board has been there for quite some time, now gone.

i noticed the same thing. i tried to look up the board to show a friend how i got such a good overclock, and it was gone.... im glad i copped one before they snatched em. Unless they jus sold out their current stock and are just waitin for a better rev of the board. <--speculation!

I never had a cold boot problem.... the only time when system failed to boot is when i changed something stupid, like going up to 300htt and forgettin to set my pc3200 ram to DDR133 from auto... haha.

Question how many people installed nforce6.66 on their NF3 Ultra-D?

Guest bobyjo

I just ordered another board. I called NewEgg first and asked them about a new version, I was told they knew nothing of a new version.

I was told to contact DFI and see about which version.

The last contact with DFI, was to the effect that the only thing they were working on was a new bios upgrade.

The indication was there was nothing wrong with the board, hardware wise, and the bios update would correct most of the problems with the cold booting, SATA, and other problems.

I ordered the new board Thursday, it shipped Thursday and is supposed to be delivered Tuesday.

If they post a new version of the board, and the one I have coming is not that new version.

The one coming to me is going back to be replaced with the new one.