NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Thanks GIASAN.

DeNs, That's the same for me.

i would like to know what is the real Vcore.

the one in the bios settings or the one i can read in bios (pc health or windows) ?

well, i've never put HTT x3 and i'll try this at home.but i've already tried 1.5 +0.1 with other settings (HTT x4, fastwrite = off, mem T2) and my computer was still hanguing in games.

hope Htt x3 and 1.5 +0.1 will run stable and safely.

Edit : did anyone test vcore with a multimeter in order to tell us what is the real Vcore ?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks GIASAN.

DeNs, That's the same for me.

i would like to know what is the real Vcore.

the one in the bios settings or the one i can read in bios (pc health or windows) ?

well, i've never put HTT x3 and i'll try this at home.but i've already tried 1.5 +0.1 with other settings (HTT x4, fastwrite = off, mem T2) and my computer was still hanguing in games.

hope Htt x3 and 1.5 +0.1 will run stable and safely.

Edit : did anyone test vcore with a multimeter in order to tell us what is the real Vcore ?

No, but my venice can do 2600-2700mhz vocore def. If i set at defin bios my system crash over 2500mhz, in i set 1.5+0.1 i can do 2650mhz, if i set 1.5+0.2 i can do 2750mhz, so i hope that the reading is correct.

Nothing ;)

Bye

You modded the panel of a PC-71 ? ouch and wow :)

Well that isn't the only mod i've done to that case. Btw it's actually a PC61 - notice the 4x 5.25" bays and more cramped interior.

http://www.modcity.org/dens/angle.jpg

That's how it was when I had the prescott in there, on water. Cut 2x 120mm holes for the rad up top.

[/off_topic]

Well guess I should have checked with a quick superpi run before getting all excited after running prime for 2 hours. I realised how quickly the thing spat out an error last time I tried 2.6GHz on this chip when in Superpi. Did exactly the same thing. Dammit prime always takes forever to find errors and superpi found it in mere minutes.

Time to get a venice and put this winnie back in the Neo2 :(

---dens

ok, i'll try your settings GIASAN.

i've forgotten to tell about something more about this mobo.

I can only enter bios at cold start and home bios page appears only after raid and 29160 SCSI peripheral scan.

if i restart windows or do a hard reset, i cannot enter bios.

The mobo post but don't go on and just display a black screen with the DOS cursor flashing in left upper corner.

the mobo don't scan raid nor 29160 scan can run.

i've to shut down to be able to do anything else.

do someone have the same issue ?

ok, i'll try your settings GIASAN.

i've forgotten to tell about something more about this mobo.

I can only enter bios at cold start and home bios page appears only after raid and 29160 SCSI peripheral scan.

if i restart windows or do a hard reset, i cannot enter bios.

The mobo post but don't go on and just display a black screen with the DOS cursor flashing in left upper corner.

the mobo don't scan raid nor 29160 scan can run.

i've to shut down to be able to do anything else.

do someone have the same issue ?

Many people, me too. Try push reset botton.

correct.

Bye.

Ciao

I don't know..... But doing a file compare, there are differences... My board is borked, so I can't flash anything. Waiting on a 2nd board.....

Maybe try it yourself.... Save your orignal, download the DFI version. Go to the command prompt and enter: FC XXX.bin YYY.bin

(xxx and yyy are re-names)

You must navigate to the directory where the 2 re-named files are located.....

I don't know..... But doing a file compare, there are differences... My board is borked, so I can't flash anything. Waiting on a 2nd board.....

Maybe try it yourself.... Save your orignal, download the DFI version. Go to the command prompt and enter: FC XXX.bin YYY.bin

(xxx and yyy are re-names)

You must navigate to the directory where the 2 re-named files are located.....

Allright

First load optimize defoult.

After:

Put Htt on 3x

Raise Cpuvcore to 1.5 +0.1 to obtain 1.4 volts.

Bye

CPU Vcore is labeled "CPU VID Control" right, in bios? Just want to make sure before i start troubleshooting like OldGuy suggested :)

Heh this voltage system is really quite wierd to me still - Do we know if that is the true vCore value or what? I'm a little worried as i'm running 1.5 +0.2 to get 1.5v on this, and if the board isn't actually at 1.5 but rather much higher, then i'd get a little concerned.

Since for vCore i've almost always got to rely on onboard sensors, the onboard voltage readings are all i've got :(

---dens

Okay, I just did these measurements on my setup (see sig). The core voltages are measured at the actual CPU socket using a Fluke 189 Digital Multimeter, idling in Win XP Desktop.

Vcore called for in Bios / Vcore measured at the socket

Default / 1.317

1.400 / 1.328

1.425 / 1.355

1.450 / 1.382

1.475 / 1.410

1.500 / 1.437

1.525 / 1.464

1.550 / 1.494

1.550+.1 / 1.538

1.550+.2 / 1.635

1.550+.3 / 1.681

1.550+.4 / 1.819

That's as far as I go with my not-cheap San Diego :)

Hoot