NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

since the warranty/guarantee is that the boards will run stock speeds without issue...but no one guarantees/warranties overclocking)

Yes is true, but not for DFI and hes policy, look:

“We're very excited to be the first company ever to win the Highest Overclock award at the annual tournament held by FiringSquad and the Taipei Computer Association,” said Jacky Huang, General Manager of DFI San Jose. “This award is a reflection of DFI's unprecedented leadership in the overclocking and gaming market.”

DFI Re-Launches The INFINITY Line To Offer High-Quality, Affordable Motherboards To Overclockers and Enthusiasts

DFI the best overclocking experience (write on the site)

Home > > LANPARTY UT nF3 ULTRA-D

LANPARTY UT nF3 ULTRA-D Features

Overview

Keeping the signature UV-reactive components on board, the UT series aims to please with its rich feature set and outstanding overclocking performance. Understanding the needs for a versatile hardware platform, this series caters to enthusiasts who are on the cutting edge of technology while still wishing to take advantage of mature standards the industry currently offers. Available in both AMD ® and Intel ® platforms, the LANParty UT series offers a wide range of motherboards to choose from.

Whit this publicity and declarations this product must be guarantees for overclocking or the declaration are not true, and it isn't good.

no motherboard company guarantees or even warranties overclocking.

Period.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/b]

no motherboard company guarantees or even warranties overclocking.

Period.

Right for damage for overclocking , so why DFI put this word on his board?

Overview

Keeping the signature UV-reactive components on board, the UT series aims to please with its rich feature set and outstanding overclocking performance. Understanding the needs for a versatile hardware platform, this series caters to enthusiasts who are on the cutting edge of technology while still wishing to take advantage of mature standards the industry currently offers. Available in both AMD ® and Intel ® platforms, the LANParty UT series offers a wide range of motherboards to choose from.

Guest Lucky

I have 1 of these turning up tomorrow.....from what im reading , Im not even going to bother trying to install it. Might wait a few months till they iron out this pos.

Overview

Keeping the signature UV-reactive components on board, the UT series aims to please with its rich feature set and outstanding overclocking performance.

...blah blah blah

so what you are saying is, if a board is made well, and overclocks well, and is marketed to gaming enthusiasts, suddenly the manufacturer should be responsible for damage for overclocking?

no, DFI doesnt offically support OCing, that would be impossible and too risky for their company because of liabilities. just think about it... officially supporting an overclocking board means any consumer could fry it and say "OOPS, NOT MY FAULT" and get a new one. there is no way DFI (or any company) could support that policy. this being said, people like oscar, AG and rgone do pretty much as much as possible to unofficially support it, or at least more than any other manufacturer today.

Well did they actually every say there that they'd cover it? Almost everyone knows anyway that overclocking will void your warranty, and if you really can't afford to overclock, then don't.

Well I picked up mine from PCCG today. AU$179 most defenitely well spent I'd say. Got an XP120 and an Ultra High speed panaflo fan to go with it. Unfortunately my plans didn't go to well with getting a venice for it, but from first glimpses it seems that my old winnie isn't that bad after all.

Max OC:

Neo2 - 2.5GHz 1.55v

Ultra-D - Priming @ 2.6GHz 1.5v

Settings:

HTT: 260

Multi: 10x

LDT: 3x

Timings: 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.8v

Now I couldn't even boot at 2.6GHz, let alone prime for 45 minutes (so far) on my old Neo2. I really like the mem options so far, but I guess i'm only surprised because I haven't actually owned a DFI board before. However it is QUITE early days, so we'll see what will happen later on with this.

Anyway, on with the pictures!

th_unpacked_vertical.jpgth_unpacked_dfi.jpg

th_side_on.jpgth_side_off.jpg

th_me_standing.jpgth_dfi_msi.jpg

Note: that's me ;)

I'll keep you guys up to date. I can't believe i've actually got it though. More than a year's wait and now it's finally here. Was worth the wait :)

---dens

so what you are saying is, if a board is made well, and overclocks well, and is marketed to gaming enthusiasts, suddenly the manufacturer should be responsible for damage for overclocking?

no, DFI doesnt offically support OCing, that would be impossible and too risky for their company because of liabilities. just think about it... officially supporting an overclocking board means any consumer could fry it and say "OOPS, NOT MY FAULT" and get a new one. there is no way DFI (or any company) could support that policy. this being said, people like oscar, AG and rgone do pretty much as much as possible to unofficially support it, or at least more than any other manufacturer today.

i have say that for domage overclocking the manufacter is not responsable.

The manufacter are not in right IMHO if put on his site this tipe of publicity:

Keeping the signature UV-reactive components on board, the UT series aims to please with its rich feature set and outstanding overclocking performance.

Becose for me and other this means that DFI have test his board for this tipe of technique. And if i and other buy this board is also for this.

Sure if i damage my component for my negligence, the guilt is only mine.

I appreciate the work of AG and RGone, they are employee like me, they are not DFI associates.

I see in this type of view.

If you buy a car that for the manufacture can do 200mhp an in the fact yuo can do only 50mph who is in error you or the manufacturer?

Bye

hello everybody.

i'm new in this forum.

i bought from germany (i'm french) a brand new NF3 ULTRA-D and i'm really disappointed.

it's the first time i buy DFI mobo and, well, this is not the best choice i've made in my life :nod: for just a little moment i hope.

i've a brand new SD 3700+ i ordered with the mobo last week.

after some long hours in order to make it run @ stock speed without hanging, i manage to obtain a little more stability but some games still hang or crash.

i use to play Forgotten Battles online at night... :mad:

fastwrite = off (on = more unstable)

HTT multiplier set @ 4 (5 crash)

memory set @ 2T (1T crash)

200Mhz bus speed.

2-3-2-6 stock timings @ 2.7 V

all is @ stock speed and this mobo doesn't want to run stable.

what the matter with it ?

the vcore shows 1.28 V under XP and under pc health in BIOS.

is it the 1.28 correct or is it 1.4 i've put in my settings ?

DFI tech support told me to flash the Bios with the last beta release, but i've read your threads, and i think i won't do that.

don't want to blow up my new SD 3700+ because of this !$@"é mobo.

it's a shame, how can DFI release a card that can't run @ stock 6/8 monthes after all other manufacturers and telling us it have an enormous overclockability headroom ?

So, what can i do now to be able to run everything fine ?

i'had been waiting for 2 monthes the release of this mobo because i didn't want to buy MSI Néo2..... can someone tell me i did the right thing ?

hello everybody.

i'm new in this forum.

i bought from germany (i'm french) a brand new NF3 ULTRA-D and i'm really disappointed.

it's the first time i buy DFI mobo and, well, this is not the best choice i've made in my life :nod: for just a little moment i hope.

i've a brand new SD 3700+ i ordered with the mobo last week.

after some long hours in order to make it run @ stock speed without hanging, i manage to obtain a little more stability but some games still hang or crash.

i use to play Forgotten Battles online at night... :mad:

fastwrite = off (on = more unstable)

HTT multiplier set @ 4 (5 crash)

memory set @ 2T (1T crash)

200Mhz bus speed.

2-3-2-6 stock timings @ 2.7 V

all is @ stock speed and this mobo doesn't want to run stable.

what the matter with it ?

the vcore shows 1.28 V under XP and under pc health in BIOS.

is it the 1.28 correct or is it 1.4 i've put in my settings ?

DFI tech support told me to flash the Bios with the last beta release, but i've read your threads, and i think i won't do that.

don't want to blow up my new SD 3700+ because of this !$@"é mobo.

it's a shame, how can DFI release a card that can't run @ stock 6/8 monthes after all other manufacturers and telling us it have an enormous overclockability headroom ?

So, what can i do now to be able to run everything fine ?

i'had been waiting for 2 monthes the release of this mobo because i didn't want to buy MSI Néo2..... can someone tell me i did the right thing ?

First load optimize defoult.

After:

Put Htt on 3x

Raise Cpuvcore to 1.5 +0.1 to obtain 1.4 volts.

Bye

Heh this voltage system is really quite wierd to me still - Do we know if that is the true vCore value or what? I'm a little worried as i'm running 1.5 +0.2 to get 1.5v on this, and if the board isn't actually at 1.5 but rather much higher, then i'd get a little concerned.

Since for vCore i've almost always got to rely on onboard sensors, the onboard voltage readings are all i've got :(

---dens

You are not blind. It isn't available though I'd like to see it as one more option for us...

thanks for the reply ,

I have recieved the advise to disable it for increase my ram stability , I can memtest it @ 301mhz 2.5/4/3/7/2t with 2.7v but I can't pass over 257mhz 2.5/3/3/5/1t with 2.6v (need to try more vddr with 1t), do you think a new bios will help ?