[moved to BIOS Factory section] NF4 5/10 Beta BIOS

are you overclocked at all? using the 4v vdimm jumper?

maxtor might need its firmware updated...there's a thread about Maxtor drives and some issues floating around that got resolved.

And yes, I overclock but not using the 4v vdimm jumper since I am using TCCD....

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cables and power line should not be the issue. I had used 310P, 316 and 414-1 BIOS and my PC never stuck at detecting array when it was cold boot. I notice that the nvidia rom was bumped up to a newer version with 510 BIOS. I don't know if that is causing issue in here. And again, the more I think, the more I believe it should not relate to Maxtor fireware. Otherwise, it should not have worked in the very beginning regardless what BIOS I have used. BIOS stucks at detecting array is first time happens to me after I switched from BIOS 414-1 to 510-1.

I have also tried different SATA cables and dedicated power line for HDD, still no go.

I prefer not to switch back to the previous BIOS because I can do 280x10 ONLY with 510 BIOS... If I have to clear CMOS (my work around solution for this trouble) everytime I cold boot my PC in order for it to detect the array, I will do so.

best i can say is that if this bios wont detect your hdd's and every other bios will, you should probably go back to the bioses that worked for you, even if you lose a little overclock.

these bioses are being updated fairly regularly, so wouldnt be going back to previous bios where everything works fine but at lower clocks be better for you until there's another update that maybe corrects it for YOU? (trying to be logical not trying to sound rude but text is hard to show emotion heh)

best i can say is that if this bios wont detect your hdd's and every other bios will, you should probably go back to the bioses that worked for you, even if you lose a little overclock.

these bioses are being updated fairly regularly, so wouldnt be going back to previous bios where everything works fine but at lower clocks be better for you until there's another update that maybe corrects it for YOU? (trying to be logical not trying to sound rude but text is hard to show emotion heh)

Thanks AG! I hope the next update will fix it. :)

Hi everyone!

I'm testing the 510-2 bios om my system, and when i tried out the yellow slots it gave me thousends of error in memtest at only 245mhz and windows wouldn't boot eighter, im currently runnig in orange slots at 265mhz 3.6v memtest stable and windows ok....

So what is the problem with the yellow slots ?

I've read almost every post in this tread and I saw a couple that are having the same problem, anyone solved it yet ?

//Markus

I'm running successfully with the 510-2 bios, at the timings in my sig. Got it up to 235x12, guess that's close to my limit since 240 fails Prime 95 within an hour. At these settings I've proven Prime stable for 14 hours, and passed every benchmark I could throw at it, including long term WOW sessions.

Running very tight timings though :cool: and my system is stable as a rock. I've got a screen cap to submit to the database, I will try to get it sent after I finish class today. When I first planned to submit, the site was down, and I've been quite busy since. (It's quite a life changing experience for a 31 year old guy to return to college, lol)

soundx98, I may have to check out your settings, as I'm running the 4000+ and VX RAM, wondering if 2800 @ 280x10 is much better performing than 2820 @ 235x12 because of the much faster FSB, or if my tight timings negate quite a bit of that advantage.

I have same chip----same bios-----same RAM and get exactly the same results---235 x 12 with REALLY tight timings....

But your stability is better----and I believe your tight timings will offset any gain from higher FSB and lower multi

Can you post your A64 tweaker results with the 235 x12 overclock....

It's gotta be something simple like Dynamic counter, skew or max asynch latency...

Thanks-----John

I never play around with BIOS. However, I would like to learn more on this. In the first thread, it listed:

-1 uses 3.26 ram table

-2 uses 3.16 ram table

-3 uses 3.10 ram table

1 and 3 for TCCD and 2 and 3 for BH5?? Therefore, 1 is optimized for TCCD, 2 optimized for BH5 and 3 is general optimization? Correct? :)

yes, all three of those motherboards use the same bios

I'm still confused by the "DRAM +.03v if not 3.2" setting in 5/10-2

Thought I saw something on it but neither "search nor brain seem to be working this morning. Any help?

Heres what's working for me, both 235x12 and 280x10. I'm using the 510-2 bios with the 4v jumper enabled and the orange RAM slots. I still haven't tried using the yellow slots, I'm kind of hesitant about changing something I know works.

Genie Bios Settings

FSB Frequency 235

LTD Multiplier auto

LTD Width 16 16

CPU/FSB Ratio 12

PCI-E Frequency 100

Cool&Quiet Disable

CPU Startup VID 1.5

CPU VID Control 1.3

CPU VID Special control 123%

LTD voltage 1.2

Chipset voltage 1.5

DRAM voltage 3.2

DRAM + 0.03 Disable

Memory settings

DRAM Frequency 200

Command per clock (CPC) Enable

Cas latency (Tcl) 1.5

Ras/Cas delay (Trcd) 2

Min Ras active time (Tras) 5

Row precharge time (Trp) 2

Row cycle time (Trc) 7

Row refresh cycle time (Trfc) 16

Row to row delay (Trrd) 2

Write recover time (Twr) 2

Write to read delay (Twtr) 2

Read to write delay (Trwt) 3

Refresh Period (Tref) Auto

Write CAS latency (Twcl) Auto

DRAM bank interleave Enable

DQS Skew Control Auto

DQS Skew value 0

DRAM drive strength Level 8

DRAM data drive strength Level 2

Max async latency 7.0 ns

DRAM response time

Read preamble time 5.0 ns

Idlecycle limit 256 cycles

Dynamic counter Disable

R/W que bypass 16x

Bypass Max 7x

32 Byte Granularity Disable

The only changes I made to go to 280x10 were to move the chipset voltage up to 1.6, change the FSB to 280, and the DRAM frequency to 180 (9/10).

Hope some of these help out. I havent done any extensive benches yet, I was gonna do my "toaster" shot overnight, but I fell asleep :( Since I didnt have to change any RAM timings to go from 235x12 to 280x10, I'm sure that my benches are going to be a bit higher. I did give it a 6 or 7 hour World of Warcraft test last night though ;) Perfectly smooth and stable, I've found an OC that proves unstable will cause some stuttering at times, since I run with all settings nearly maxed at 1600x1200.

A quick question for you guys, do you ever change settings with A64 tweaker, or do you just use it as a quick tool for screenies? I've always been told that software based OC is bad, and had bad XP with it, so I do all of my settings at the BIOS level on a fresh reboot. Takes a while,yes, but I know I'm "doing it the right way".

yes, all three of those motherboards use the same bios

I'm still confused by the "DRAM +.03v if not 3.2" setting in 5/10-2

Thought I saw something on it but neither "search nor brain seem to be working this morning. Any help?

if dram +0.03 is enabled, you get +0.03 added to your VDIMM, but the conditions are:

you are at 3.1 or below on +3 feed

you are on +5 feed

you will not get +0.03 added if on +3 and at 3.2vdimm.

for example, if you are on 3.4Vdimm, if +0.03 is enabled, instead of 3.42-3.43, you get 3.46-3.45.

I was getting random reboots with 3/10 bios and I tried various bios settings diffrent Corsair memory I just flashed to this bios and I could run 3DMark2001SE and 3Dmark03 thru without a random reboot. Question when I do the SLI mod W will need to flash to the SLI board Bios Correct?