[moved to BIOS Factory section] NF4 5/10 Beta BIOS

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do NOT (!) recommend using the 510-2 bios, at least nor for my config w/ OCZ TCCD.

I had this bios for a few days and did extensive testing.

My system (at the very first glance) was as stable as w/ 310 or 414-1, but the system was VERY flaky once in a while......eg. i got blue screens and nasty crashes while i was OCCT/prime stable.

I found out the 510-2 bios (which i used) has some bugs regarding the IDE devices, i have two optical drives on my system and they show up weird in device manager.

I have the SATA HD on the SATA and the two opticals EACH is master on its own channel. But with this bios it looks like that CD 2 is a slave drive of CD 1 or something similiar. Anyway after having BSODs without an end i flashed back to 310p and i am VERY happy with this old bios again.

Actually, i just passed 9x292 for 30mins OCCT with pretty tight timings, 8300+ mem read everest and 3400+ mem write......and i did NOT have any BSODS or anything yet. I run my highest overclock ever with 310p.

Please consider TWICE whether you want to use 510-2. Wait for a final version or the IDE bugs removed.

i do NOT (!) recommend using the 510-2 bios, at least nor for my config w/ OCZ TCCD.

I had this bios for a few days and did extensive testing.

My system (at the very first glance) was as stable as w/ 310 or 414-1, but the system was VERY flaky once in a while......eg. i got blue screens and nasty crashes while i was OCCT/prime stable.

I found out the 510-2 bios (which i used) has some bugs regarding the IDE devices, i have two optical drives on my system and they show up weird in device manager.

I have the SATA HD on the SATA and the two opticals EACH is master on its own channel. But with this bios it looks like that CD 2 is a slave drive of CD 1 or something similiar. Anyway after having BSODs without an end i flashed back to 310p and i am VERY happy with this old bios again.

Actually, i just passed 9x292 for 30mins OCCT with pretty tight timings, 8300+ mem read everest and 3400+ mem write......and i did NOT have any BSODS or anything yet. I run my highest overclock ever with 310p.

Please consider TWICE whether you want to use 510-2. Wait for a final version or the IDE bugs removed.

but how well does the 310p bios run with a san diego core?

i have never tried older bios as i thought they newer ones were enhanced for venice san diegos.

but how well does the 310p bios run with a san diego core?

i have never tried older bios as i thought they newer ones were enhanced for venice san diegos.

It works great for me. The only bios I prefer over the 310p are the 414's. The 510's gave me problems.

ah i see it is possible.hmm i wonder if max overclocks would be improved using the 310p.

flexy is your max cpu overclock higher on the 310p, regardless of the bsods caused by the ide bugs i mean?

Hmmm...hard to say....IF i gained anything than only 1 or 2 mhz since i am running 291x9 right now.....but the nice thing is i am running at pretty tight timings and i can notcheck now (anymore) if i can use the same tight timings with the newer 510 bios. I used different settings, eg. loser timings.

Anyway overall the 310p is MUCH better....and the point is i really did NOT see any gains whatsoever with 510-2 rather all those BSODs etc.....

It might be diffferent for San Diego and other configs....but for my config with TCCD week 37 the 310p is very stable and overclocks nicely.

correction:

i have those darn BSODs now also with 310p...once in a while...try to figure out whats the reason.

STILL there is something weird with 510-XXX and the IDE devices.

Cool ... angry, remember when I asked about a netmos 9705 PCI Parallel Port card not working for me. I never did get it to work, until I flashed to this this bios ... it plug-n-played first time boot, when the 310 bios never did see it ...