[moved to BIOS Factory section] NF4 5/10 Beta BIOS

Question when I do the SLI mod W will need to flash to the SLI board Bios Correct?

exuse me, nf4 bioses are same for every mobo model?

NF4 SLI-D

NF4 SLI-DR

NF4 Ultra

yes, all three of those motherboards use the same bios

All on the same page as you asked this question..

:rolleyes:

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if dram +0.03 is enabled, you get +0.03 added to your VDIMM, but the conditions are:

you are at 3.1 or below on +3 feed

you are on +5 feed

you will not get +0.03 added if on +3 and at 3.2vdimm.

for example, if you are on 3.4Vdimm, if +0.03 is enabled, instead of 3.42-3.43, you get 3.46-3.45.

Exactly....excellent explanation----it's a nice little "in between" voltage setting.....

Very nice and works well.

Thanks LazyBum----gonna give those settings a try for stability..

Mine was tweaked a bit tighter in all the those extra little settings...

will loosen those a bit.

Thanks again.

I'll bet you find that your benches are almost identical between multis----what you gained in FSB----you lost with the divider....

Personally, I'm thinking about trying for 236-238 x 12 with TCCD and running off the 3.3 Rail or my BH-5 using the jumper trick....

I'ts a fast overclock----although the FSB is not high----the CPU would be way above 2.8.....

Timings should stay nice and tight

And I could cool things down a lot getting VDIMM off the 5+ rail

Since this will probably wind up as my desktop rig----things like long term use and stability are a definite consideration.....

Thanks again-----John

Heres what's working for me, both 235x12 and 280x10. I'm using the 510-2 bios with the 4v jumper enabled and the orange RAM slots. I still haven't tried using the yellow slots, I'm kind of hesitant about changing something I know works.

Genie Bios Settings

FSB Frequency 235

LTD Multiplier auto

LTD Width 16 16

CPU/FSB Ratio 12

PCI-E Frequency 100

Cool&Quiet Disable

CPU Startup VID 1.5

CPU VID Control 1.3

CPU VID Special control 123%

LTD voltage 1.2

Chipset voltage 1.5

DRAM voltage 3.2

DRAM + 0.03 Disable

Memory settings

DRAM Frequency 200

Command per clock (CPC) Enable

Cas latency (Tcl) 1.5

Ras/Cas delay (Trcd) 2

Min Ras active time (Tras) 5

Row precharge time (Trp) 2

Row cycle time (Trc) 7

Row refresh cycle time (Trfc) 16

Row to row delay (Trrd) 2

Write recover time (Twr) 2

Write to read delay (Twtr) 2

Read to write delay (Trwt) 3

Refresh Period (Tref) Auto

Write CAS latency (Twcl) Auto

DRAM bank interleave Enable

DQS Skew Control Auto

DQS Skew value 0

DRAM drive strength Level 8

DRAM data drive strength Level 2

Max async latency 7.0 ns

DRAM response time

Read preamble time 5.0 ns

Idlecycle limit 256 cycles

Dynamic counter Disable

R/W que bypass 16x

Bypass Max 7x

32 Byte Granularity Disable

The only changes I made to go to 280x10 were to move the chipset voltage up to 1.6, change the FSB to 280, and the DRAM frequency to 180 (9/10).

Hope some of these help out. I havent done any extensive benches yet, I was gonna do my "toaster" shot overnight, but I fell asleep :( Since I didnt have to change any RAM timings to go from 235x12 to 280x10, I'm sure that my benches are going to be a bit higher. I did give it a 6 or 7 hour World of Warcraft test last night though ;) Perfectly smooth and stable, I've found an OC that proves unstable will cause some stuttering at times, since I run with all settings nearly maxed at 1600x1200.

A quick question for you guys, do you ever change settings with A64 tweaker, or do you just use it as a quick tool for screenies? I've always been told that software based OC is bad, and had bad XP with it, so I do all of my settings at the BIOS level on a fresh reboot. Takes a while,yes, but I know I'm "doing it the right way".

Angry_Games : the thing is, i thought i would perform atleast as good as the orange slots, and maybe with some luck it would even perform better than the orange slots.

but no, it only gave me ~245mhz, and thats realy bad in my opinion...

ok, i understand theres no quarantee that the yellow slots will gain me more mhz, but i expect it to perform atleast as good as the orange slots, or am i wrong ?

thanks for the answer btw.

//Markus

Angry_Games : the thing is, i thought i would perform atleast as good as the orange slots, and maybe with some luck it would even perform better than the orange slots.

but no, it only gave me ~245mhz, and thats realy bad in my opinion...

ok, i understand theres no quarantee that the yellow slots will gain me more mhz, but i expect it to perform atleast as good as the orange slots, or am i wrong ?

thanks for the answer btw.

//Markus

without meaning to sound rude or such, it is incorrect to think that you should expect the same results when overclocking.

The only thing you should expect is that both slots, assuming the bios allows the use of it and has no special instructions depending on which slots you use, will perform the same at stock speeds.

No motherboard mfg guarantees any kind of overclock even if they build boards with all the killer overclock options. If we or anyone guaranteed an overclock, you guys would RMA your board because you couldn't get past 230FSB, or 2800Mhz, or worse, you'd RMA your board cuz you couldn't break some ungodly score that is unrealistic and keep RMA'ing until you got yourself a 'premium' board from the luck of the draw. This would drive us and every mfg out of business and it is not economically sound.

so we give you overclocking options, and we do our best to make them the best boards for overclocking, but to EXPECT anything above stock speed in a certain way or range...is folly.

I deal with guys every day that try to RMA their boards because they think there's something wrong with it for not going past 280FSB 1:1...this is crazy, and they get very angry when I tell them 'it works to 280 and it works at stock...please don't attempt to overclock as you only hurt the company and in the long run, every customer and future customer and possibly our future line of boards' (ie if it costs us too much to keep RMA'ing boards, we don't have the money to design and develop the next 'killer' board)

Angry_Games

Hehe ok, I see what you mean, and its true. I get your piont now.

I just thougth that all slots would be the same, but I dont know how the MB works.

You probebly know that much better than me.

Too bad though...

Thanks for all the replys !!

//Markus

Really liking 510-2 with my Mushkin TCCD (for details see sig "here"). Both with the 10 and 9 multiplier. 252x10 and 282x9 are 100% stable. Just wish my Win3500 would do better. I start bumping the ceiling on it at 2.55 GHz and above no matter what kind of electricity or timings I use. Oh well, it should tide me over for a year just fine. Hopefully there will be a superb 939 CPU a year down the road...I am sure there will be...

m :)

Hello,

I will receive a nF4 SLI-D motherboard in a few days. I don't understand a few parameters quoted in this thread : "CPU Startup VID" and "LTD voltage".

"CPU startup VID" = CPU voltage when the PC boots ?

LTD voltage = AGP voltage, for AGP motherboards ? What is its influence ?

Thanks.

well, after days and days of testing I'm back to 3/10p

couldnt get 5-10 stable for more than a couple hours most of the time. Seemed the memory was fine, but cpu lost stability. Oh well, thats fine with me.