[moved to BIOS Factory section] NF4 5/10 Beta BIOS

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was using 3/16/05 and San Diego could not boot at 280x10. After flashing to 510-1, I can able to manage 280x10 easily and even 290x10 (still under testing)!!! I can't believe a BIOS can make so much different in terms of overclocking ability. Simply amazing! :eek2:

I noticed that 510 beta seems to boot faster. Does anyone notice that? Or it is just my imagination?? :rolleyes:

I hope someone can help me.

I have just upgraded to the 510-3 bios. I've also just got a new 3200+ Venice cpu.

The PC is 100% stable @ DDR600 1T 2.5-4-4-7.

StressCPU Stable

SuperPI

3DMark03

Memtest

I was playing around with the inbuilt memtest, and found that my Geil Ultra-X was memtest stable at DDR612 @ 1T 2.5-4-4-8 !!!! I was thinking this is awesome. I then booted into XP and ran SuperPI 1MB to find that it failed pretty quickly.

So is memtest worth using at all? I was under the impression that it found errors in your memory better than anything else. I'm beginning to think what is the point of using memtest.

The Geil Ultra-X is TCCD memory. What's roughly the max overclock I should get with Cas2.5 and Cas3.0? How to test properly, as memtest is a bit dodgy.

Or it just me?

You guys are at least able to boot to Windows. I loaded 510-2 & I can just get the machine to start to go to windows then it quits trying load it. Very odd.........

In bos are settings are at stock.

Anybody have any ideas why I can't run this 510 bios...?

I like to use 3120 and 4708.. But of course you dont have a sig made with your specs so for all I know you have a nf3 and a sempron cpu.... that could make a difference..

@reaper42004.. got us all excited .. boo !!.. ;)

My sys:

DFI NF4 ULTRA-D

3700+ SD

OCZ PC3200 REV2

HIS X850XT

']I just want to share my experience of the latest round of BIOS files...

I found that 510-2 was better for *my* sticks of OCZ Rev.2 TCCD than than 510-1 or 510-3. I had enough time the other day test out each version with the orange slots and 510-2 came out slightly better than the other two. Previously I had 410-1 and that was pretty good. Now with 510-2 I get the same scores with the added bonus of the slightly faster startup as documented by Oskar (and reposted by RGone) in the first post of this thread.

My suggestion to anyone else that only tried 510-1 thinking that was their only hope for TCCD in the current BIOS versions then please try at least 510-2 and see what you get :)

Thanks for the hint, I confirm this. My A-Data Vitesta DDR600 (TCCD) modules were running nicely with 414-1 @ 2.5-4-3-8. With 510-1, I can't reach DDR600 at all, with 510-3, I can reach it with the same timings as 414-1, but it's not that stable.

With 510-2, they are now running happily 2.5-3-3-7 @ DDR600 rock solid :nod:

Well, I flashed to the 510-2 BIOS (I was using the 316 BIOS successfully), using a floppy + bootdisk. The flash was reported by the awdflash utility as successful. However when I rebooted I saw the Lanparty logo, and when I pressed DEL to get into the BIOS to load optimized defaults, I saw a garbled red screen (this symbol allover it in red: ¬). Rebooted and the same thing happened. Wouldn't proceed as far as booting the recovery floppy to flash back to 316.

I popped out the CMOS battery and cleared the settings using the jumper. After ten minutes I restarted and managed to get to boot to the floppy! So I flashed back to 316, except it seem to freeze/fail half way through! After the screen hadn't changed for 30 mins I rebooted, no Lanparty logo, and got the "BIOS ROM Checksum Error" screen. When I put in the recovery floppy disk it said there was an error. I presumed the disk was corrupt (damn floppies), and so I created another recovery disk yesterday on my work PC, with the 316 BIOS on it.

I flashed that last night and the flash seemed successful, ie. it went through the entire procedure and waited for me to reset the system.

When I rebooted, still no Lanparty logo, and still the same BIOS ROM Checksum error. This time with Drive A Error, system halted.

Now I cannot get past this error. Has anyone experienced the same/similar? If so, how did you recover?

Do I have to buy a BIOS saviour to recover from this (I'd rather not as money is tight)?

Is there any other way for me to get my system back?