Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tried it again with no luck. Believe me I'm putting plenty of pencil on. :(

Edit: Offtopic: Yea, my hardware is nice, but my ammount of ram is really holding me back. :

I would definitly try a conductor pen instead. Good luck.

I was able to mod my Ultra-D to an SLi-D. I purchased it on OCt. 29th from New Egg. It did have epoxy on the contacts, but used a razor to remove it. I, too, did think I went too deep but it booted up the first time w/o any issues. Only downside is Winblows wants me to re-activate.

I got my power supply. Went to radio shack and got a conducter pen. Performed the mod. And then disabled the logo screen in the bios. The chipset is recognized as sli. I am so happy. Thanks so much to everyone who has shared their knowledge. You guys really rock. I am going to start the build tonight. :)

This is so awsome, I have been running a PIII 500 for about a year and a half. :drool: When I installed the 500mhz system it was because my PIII 1Ghz system had bunked.

Now I am back in the saddle again. Again you guys rock, you know who you are. :nod:

As with any major change, you should start your OC adventure from the beginning.

The mod its self shouldn't affect your OC but moving to SLI certainly will. You're now dumping twice the heat into your case especially near the chipset.

For some reason my stable OC before the mod is not stable after the mod. Could it be that the mobo is unable to handle the two gpu's?

Yes Ex, absultely, whenever I changed something on my X2 rig I would immediately run another double instance of P95 just to makes sure it is stable after the change in hardware.

I pretty much do not have too much worry about heat cause I have my rig on an HSPC bench and it is cooled very well with additional source of fan. I knew that I would have to start from the beggining again but at least I have an idea where to start from this time around.