What would you change about the DFI nF4 mobo's

A real printed instruction manual would be great! There is no manual at all, and the PDF one doesn't really tell you all you need to know. Besides, if you can get a new system up and running without instructions, the PDF one is now useless! If you are like me, and cannibalized your old system to build the new one, how are you supposed to read what's on the CD?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A real printed instruction manual would be great! There is no manual at all, and the PDF one doesn't really tell you all you need to know. Besides, if you can get a new system up and running without instructions, the PDF one is now useless! If you are like me, and cannibalized your old system to build the new one, how are you supposed to read what's on the CD?

More and more you are going to see the movement away from paper and more to electronic documentation. I don't mind this, if you can save a tree and save some cost that is passed onto the consumer, than all the more better.

And by the way, there is a quick install manual included w/ your mobo. For a more detailed instruction, refer to the pdf file. For me, I downloaded the manual and read it before I even took posession of the board!

Yeah the manual is a joke. Plus they could put some big stickers on the box stating that you need a 24pin PSU and decent ram. Would save a lot of tears.

Even if that suggestion was taken, there would be those who ignore it anyway, just like the ones who do in the forums.

I don't care whether it's a PDF file or a paper manual. Just a better MANUAL that specifically tells you what each setting does and how to optimize your system depending on your RAM and CPU would be quite helpful.

I certainly wouldn't ignore a sticker that says "400w+ 24pin PSU is Required" The manual doesn't even say that. It just says a minimum of 400w PSU is Recommended

There IS a differance between recommended and required ;):D

yeah i suppose your right onboard anything other then lan does seem like a better idea.i tried an external sound card from creative labs a while back i enjoyed it. this will be my first internal card that ive ever tried. and the first athlon 64 board/processor ive ever tried. i used to buy compaqs i wont do it anymore. i enjoy researching parts and hardware for new machine plus i think/know i get better performance.

yeah i suppose your right onboard anything other then lan does seem like a better idea.i tried an external sound card from creative labs a while back i enjoyed it. this will be my first internal card that ive ever tried. and the first athlon 64 board/processor ive ever tried. i used to buy compaqs i wont do it anymore. i enjoy researching parts and hardware for new machine plus i think/know i get better performance.

with that rig you, seems to me you KNOW.

good lord dude (r1derbike), that's some serious hardware you're sporting. where on earth did you get the money to pay for that. that fx-55 is $900 alone!!!

Bonus check, income tax refund, and lots and lots of blatant stupidity! Any questions? ;-}

Charles