What would you change about the DFI nF4 mobo's

Hi, I own a DFI nF4 Ultra-D and I think it's the best nf4 mobo, however there are a few things I would change to make it even better:

- Chipset fan in some other location further away from video card

- Would be nice if the PCIE slots could be further away like the ASUS just in case SLI really picks up

- Most importantly the ability to provide up to 4V vdimm without generating so much heat in the mosfet area

What would you change?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if it did the laundry.

The fan could be moved but I cant really complain as it is silent. Cables for IDE higher but that is always one of my wishes. SATA will fix that though.

I can think of a few things that would be nice if they were diffrenct but it would always be at a cost of something already there that I already like. I must say orange is not one of my favorite collors though.

It would be nice if it did the laundry.

The fan could be moved but I cant really complain as it is silent. Cables for IDE higher but that is always one of my wishes. SATA will fix that though.

I can think of a few things that would be nice if they were diffrenct but it would always be at a cost of something already there that I already like. I must say orange is not one of my favorite collors though.

You think that the chipset fan is silent? mmm, mine is noisey as, infact it's the loudest chipset fan I've ever heard!

Guest SPQQKY

I don't like the jumpers. Just too many, but then again, once it is set up, you really don't need to mess with them much unless you are jumping back and forth between SLI and single card or swapping RAM like TCCD to BH-5, etc.. Also, too many power plug ins. The Gigabyte SLI board doesn't require any additional power plugs...wish others could do the same.

One of the reviews of the DFI board said the chipset fan and location were shortcomings of nVidia design, not DFI. I haven't looked closely at other boards to see if it's the same across manufacturers. Does anyone have further insight with this?

I can't think of anything I'd want to change.

One of the reviews of the DFI board said the chipset fan and location were shortcomings of nVidia design, not DFI. I haven't looked closely at other boards to see if it's the same across manufacturers. Does anyone have further insight with this?

I can't think of anything I'd want to change.

The asus a8n has much more space between the two cards and the chipset fan is between them and is NOT covered by even the 6800 ultra cards!

With the DFI board, when I was using stock coolers, there was VERY little clearance between the 2 cards, and they ran MUCH hotter compared to the a8n.

id make it hack Vegas slot machines and make me rich rich rich!!!

HUH? now let me get this straight, you've got a sweetie, your health and the dfi board, and don't see yourself as rich? lol :nod:

rich means i could buy your house, kick you out to the street, hire pro thugs to beat you up, and then pay off a gov't agency to make you disappear

that is rich

what I have right now is morally and ethically and spiritually acceptable so im pretty happy...

but

i would like to have that kind of mean power hahahaha

ME HAVE POWA!