OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

Billy, that was not for you. That gentleman had limited choices in Brazil.

The 4000 Gol Rev 2 will work fine, but my absolute first choice is below:

Get the OCZ PC3200 Platinum Revision 2. Make sure it's revision 2. That'a my first choice in cost VS performance. This is TCCD memory and the board is at it's best with that. This is also the easiest to get running fast and stable.

Thanks,

I orderd the OCZ PC3200 Platinum Revision 2 memory yesterday. Any reccommeded bios settings for a basic starting point (note cpu), or just default?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try rising FSB until 280 or so with 2,5-3-3-5 with 2.7Vdimm later 2,5-4-3-7 2.8V i can go untill 300

You will loose bandwidth with a TRAS of 5 on an NF4 motherboard. 7 is the minimum band that

will maximize the memory bandwidth.

Viper

Thanks,

I orderd the OCZ PC3200 Platinum Revision 2 memory yesterday. Any reccommeded bios settings for a basic starting point (note cpu), or just default?

BIOS 310. And Auto :D

Then go in and up relax the timings somwhat raise the VDim to 2.8 and Off to the reaces.

I can run 305 3-4-4-8 @ 2,86V (board measurement, and I didn't try to tighten it I had better benches at 270 2,5-3-3-6) Now those are my sticks and there are no guarantees but damn those sticks fly. However my CPU doesnt really :(

You will loose bandwidth with a TRAS of 5 on an NF4 motherboard. 7 is the minimum band that

will maximize the memory bandwidth.

Viper

I thought that as more tighten latencies more performance and bandwidth. And one question viper, best BIOS for those ocz plat rev2? 313-1? or 310?

Ok, after about 10 days on back order, my PC4000 VX will be here tomorrow. :drool: I haven't seen too many posts about my memory, so I'm not really sure where to start with settings. I haven't done any overclocking whatsoever with this setup yet, since the memory I used to get up and running (thanks to Rgone's thread) will barely run at all.

Where do I start? Should I go ahead and change the 4 volt jumper over before I even boot up with this memory? I've got the setttings from the Rgone thread saved, are they a good starting point? Guess I'm one of the thread's guinea pigs with the 3500 Winnie and the VX4000.

Ok, after about 10 days on back order, my PC4000 VX will be here tomorrow. :drool: I haven't seen too many posts about my memory, so I'm not really sure where to start with settings. I haven't done any overclocking whatsoever with this setup yet, since the memory I used to get up and running (thanks to Rgone's thread) will barely run at all.

Where do I start? Should I go ahead and change the 4 volt jumper over before I even boot up with this memory? I've got the setttings from the Rgone thread saved, are they a good starting point? Guess I'm one of the thread's guinea pigs with the 3500 Winnie and the VX4000.

Don't get your hopes up, I waited for my PC4000 VX for two weeks (no spare either, new rig unusable for two weeks) and when it finally arrived it completely sucked, I received it on Monday and sent it back on Friday, now I'm waiting for my ocz rev 2 sticks to arrive..

What bios to use, 310 or 310p or any of the beta versions?

Going to install the memory in my signature.

I'm not going to OC that much, only to impress on gf, @LANs and friends :D

Lazybum,

Start here, Posts 1, 2, and 3 for a Winchester :)

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8093

Make sure you get the 3/26 or 331-2 bios.

Grab 331-2 here

Is 3/26, 331-2 Bios better than 310P?

Another Question? You are a member of the OCZTechnology right? You and another members help peoples who have problems with their ram? I need help about my problem. I think you know zu solve my problem. I postet it in http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...87806#post87806 .I hope you understand my problem and can help me or another member of OCZTechnology.