OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

Hey guys,

NEW ADDITION 2-25-06: We now have a Prime Stable Database for OCZ memory at OCZ Prime Stable Database. We borrowed the excellent format from DFI-Street and have most OCZ memory types (current products mostly) listed for the popular DFI boards. This is a work in progress and we are adding to it all the time. Ryder and Tony (Bigtoe) have been working feverishly on this project.

Angry (my main man) asked me to help you OCZ users resolve any issues you are having with OCZ TCCD memory. These problems were news to me because we have seen few issues at our regular forums.

EDIT: Please post your DFI NF4 board revision. It's usually on the bottom of the bottom PCI slot. It will read something like R.A02 or R.AA0. This may prove important.

Let us know what part number you memory is, when you bought it and what is going on.

Here are some basics for all memory types:

POWER SUPPLY I can't begin to tell you how important this is. With the DFI NF4 board you must use a 24 pin PSU. We tried a 20 pin and had a world of trouble. The 5v memory jumper will not work properly without a 24 pin PSU.

Get a GOOD QUALITY PSU. You will need somwhere near 24A minimum on the 12 v rails (or combined rails if a split rail design). Using some lightweight 500w thing with 18A will do nothing but aggravate you and cause errors that look just like memory erorrs. Why? Because you are getting CPU errors and where is the memory controller? On the CPU.

I recommend a good 500w PSU minimum with 28A on the 12v rail for non SLI. For SLI look for about 33A minimum. More is better on these boards.

TCCD Memory:

TCCD can like 2.6-3.1v depending on your CPU and the week code of your RAM chips.

A Winnie/Newcastle likes lower vdimm, usually maxing at 2.8v. A 4000+ or FX (Clawhammer) may like up to 3.1v. Experiment and have a fan blowing directly on your memory. It will make a difference and may change your life!

Try testing one stick at a time and see if just one is creating errors when running memtest86+ from your BIOS. If errors happen with one stick only, you may have a bad stick. Errors on both sticks, then something else is wrong. 2 sticks NEVER go bad at once. Believe me. If you have errors on 2 sticks look somewhere else.

There are no known issues with the DFI and TCCD/3200 Plat Rev 2/3700 Plat/4200 Plat/4800 Plat. We actually use the DFI NF4 to test our PC4800 TCCD, so if there was a problem we would know.

We have posted general info and some TCCD timings at the BE OCZ forums here: DFI Timings and INFO

I will be posting more TCCD timings soon. There are also timings here at DFI-Street to try. Remember your CPU will have a huge impact on timings. Try the 310 BIOS all on AUTO first. This seems to work for some. Start off stable and tweak your timings and bandwidth from there.

Please read the above and use it to troubleshoot. If you locate the trouble or need help just post and we will help.

Thanks, Andy

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start (for non-OCZ, general TCCD). I've posted this in other threads, but just to give you as much information as possible...

PQI4000-1024DPL (listed as TCCD w/ Brainpower)

SPD/Auto loads at 2-3-2-6. This will not run. I have to increase Trp to 3 (2-3-3-6) to boot and/or pass memtest 5. Actually, 2-2-3-6 will also run at 200Mhz.

Rated/Stock is 2.5-3-3-7 at 250Mhz. 2.5-3-3-7 does not work beyond about 235. For 236 (all the way to 294), I have to run 2.5-3-4-7.

EDIT

With the lower Trp, my problem is always roughly 7000 errors at the end of memtest test 5.

/EDIT

This isn't a huge issue, because I consider the o/c respectable, but I thought I'd jump in. Summing up, Trp is always my limiting factor.

Thanks. Good luck to the actual OCZ users. ;)

First off, I'm not sure if my RAM is TCCD, since I dont think it's possible to remove the heatspreaders off my ram (it has the LED indicators).

Second, I've heard Corsair uses TCCD, that's why I posted this. I purchased it in mid February from ZipZoomFly

PSU: Antec NeoPower 480

Not running SLI.

my RAM will only run 2-3-2-5 at 2.8v

2-2-2-5 will cause errors on memtest, even though its supposed to have a SPD of 2-2-2-5 (check sig)

BIOS: 3/10

I'll start (for non-OCZ, general TCCD). I've posted this in other threads, but just to give you as much information as possible...

SPD/Auto loads at 2-3-2-6. This will not run. I have to increase Trp to 3 (2-3-3-6) to boot and/or pass memtest 5. Actually, 2-2-3-6 will also run at 200Mhz.

Rated/Stock is 2.5-3-3-7 at 250Mhz. 2.5-3-3-7 does not work beyond about 235. For 236 (all the way to 294), I have to run 2.5-3-4-7.

EDIT

With the lower Trp, my problem is always roughly 7000 errors at the end of memtest test 5.

/EDIT

This isn't a huge issue, because I consider the o/c respectable, but I thought I'd jump in. Summing up, Trp is always my limiting factor.

That's a bizzare one my friend. Trp at 4, wow! Have you tried the modules seperately to see if one needs Trp at 4 and possibly the other will run at 3?

Let us know.

my RAM will only run 2-3-2-5 at 2.8v

2-2-2-5 will cause errors on memtest, even though its supposed to have a SPD of 2-2-2-5 (check sig)

BIOS: 3/10

Read the first post again. I added some info and dignostic testing.

Check that out and get back.

Is that TCCD memory you have?

EDIT

/EDIT

I have a feeling the trp issue is due to the memory controller on your CPU. With my winchester, I can run 270MHz at 2.5-3-3-6 with my platnum rev.2, however, as soon as I start pushing the clock speed envilope, I HAVE to raise the timings to 2.5-4-4 to maintain any kind of stability. Have you tried with a low multi and see how high you can go on the memory with tighter TRP? I see in your sig that you have an 0451 winchester, these chips (generally speaking) have weak controllers..

You recommend a good 500w PSU minimum with 28A on the 12v rail for non SLI. For SLI look for about 33A minimum. Well, maybe my question is stupid but really I don't know how to get a PSU with 28A on one 12V rail. In new good quality PSUs 12V rail is divided in two subrails and as I know there is no more than 18A on one 12V subrail (f.e. Enermax EG701AX-VE NoiseTaker 600W:18Ampers on each subrail, my Akasa 460W has 12V1 max.load 14A,peak load 16A, 12V2 max.load 15A). It's impossible to connect the second subrail to DFI board so really I can't comprehend how to get 28 or more Ampers on 12V rail. Concerning to electrical engineering I'm non-expert so I'll be glad if you advise me.

GG: he means a combined 12v (ie: 18A + 16A = 34A 12v)

you should really have 33A if you have the 6800GT SLI running. You need minimum of 28A for the 6600GT looks like.

O.K. AndyOCZ has sent me the message. So it means my Akasa with 29A on combined 12V rail (14+15)

is sufficient for my 6600GT set, isn't it ? But after all still I can't comprehend why manufacturers recommend PSUs with split 12V rail also for AMD64 if boards include 4pin additional power supply connector only and that second 8pin connection must stay dormant.