OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

Thanks for the link, Ed. That would be an excellent source for getting the ram up and running. However, the concern I have with the Patriot ram has more to do if I need to return a defective module. Here's the thread that made me do a 180 on considering getting memory from them: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...ghlight=patriot

As for the OCZ Plat 3200 Rev2 link I noticed Newegg shows the timings as 2-2-2 which I thought was TCCD-only spec. I thought I read somewhere the TCC5 has a slightly looser DDR400 spec. Don't hold me to it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the OCZ Plat 3200 Rev2 link I noticed Newegg shows the timings as 2-2-2 which I thought was TCCD-only spec. I thought I read somewhere the TCC5 has a slightly looser DDR400 spec. Don't hold me to it.

Nope. You're mistaken. Just arrow up to AndyOCZ's latest post.

Hmmm, just yanked one of mine out and indeed it says 1.1 in very small letters on the sticker. No wonder I've been pulling whats left of my hair out trying to get these over 240fsb. Who do I contact about getting a replacement or and upgrade for these? I paid for tccd and I expected to recieve them!

Hi, if they were advertised as TCCD, then go to your retailer, because we give you chips that do spec off the same die, from the same factory production line, tested by OCZ on a million dollar IC tester, that do the same timing/speeds.

If you are not above 240mhz, you have another problem. Post your timings here or PM or email me and I will help. I suggest 2.5-3-3-8, 2.5-4-3-8 or 2.5-4-4-8 mem ory timings at 2.8v to start. Use Drive strength at 6 (normal) or 5 (weak), as this depends on you board and CPU. Tref of 4708.

I will work with you. Any TCC5/TCCD that does 2-2-2 timings HAS to be the good stuff. No way around putting junk on a PCB and getting those kind of timings. Think about it.

The only problem i had with the OCZ Platinum Revision 2 on the DFI NF4 SLI-DR was very small... I couldn't reach 280 mhz 1:1 with it :sad:

I didn't tweak every RAM thing in BIOS of course, I guess thats what I needed to do. The OCZ worked very well at 250 mhz with just the CL2.5 3 3 10 settings in that BIOS area, the rest in auto, and 2.7 volts.

I want to try those VX Value... sound very promising :P

So the current OCZ Plat. Rev 2 that are currently selling will most likely be TCC5, and they should be able to do the same as the previous ones that were using TCCD?

I paid for tccd and I expected to recieve them!

I want to make an official apology to Andy, Ryder, and everyone at OCZ.

Sorry guys.

When I first started gathering my components I didnt know squat about what memory worked well with my DFI. So I pm'ed Ryder who was very cool and suggested the 3200's. No problem. Two minutes after reading his pm, I was on newegg ordering them. They are great sticks. I cannot complain (being the noob to oc'ing thart I am). I honestly can't tell ya what tccd stands for hehe. Dont really care either. I'm just a little stumped that it seems to have hit its limit at 240. I should prolly be tickled pink its running great at 240. I'm sure there is a very simple reason in the bios I just dont know about and will give Andy all the info he needs (Thank you sir for your offer). After running my intel 875 and a p-4 2.8, and corsair xms3200llpt's for a year at all stock speeds thanks to intel's infinite wisdom to not allow unlocking of nearly anything on that board. I didnt get to learn very much about oc'ing. Not giving up yet, just a little stumped/stupid with this stuff yet. Thank OCZ, and DFI. Tom :)

I can't seem to get 1T working at anything above 230HTT or so. It will just reboot when starting to load Windows no matter whatever I set the other timings to. But it will load up Memtest and run at 1T at up to 312HTT. It seems to be something to do with the CPU because if I drop the CPU multiplier I can get more than 230HTT at 1T. I've tried a whole bunch of different timings both loose and tight (many copied directly from other people with similar setups that they have posted), all of which work at 2T, but not 1T. Any ideas?

Edit: Also tried various bios's, none make any difference. 310, 414, and all the 510's I could find including Hellfire. I think the regular 510-2 gives me the highest general stable clocks though so I tend to run that.

Ok, heres some screenies I did. Any advice would be of great help. It could very possibly be one of the other screenies that is stopping me. I know a lot of the settings are at "auto", but this a saved bank from cmos reloaded (thank God to the people that made this feature for this board) that I revert back to when a settings tweak doesnt work. Its stable as Mable with these settings, but know this thing should go much higher with my specs.

Would some one with a good knowledge of the official 3/10 bios do me a favor and look through these bios pictures and see if I have all the regular settings set right please. Mainly concerned about those settings rather than the genie settings. The genie bios is are pretty much set to auto right now and very stable with my current signature.

p5240001a3kp.th.jpgp5240002b1mb.th.jpg

p5240003c2pf.th.jpg

p5240004d4ny.th.jpg

p5240005e9vl.th.jpg