OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

i just bought this OCZ rev2 ram yesterday and after an hour of memtest, i started to overclock it. I am very impressed with its performance. I manage to hit 300fsb 2.5-4-3-10 1T @ 2.9vdimm. I'm pretty sure i can go higher than it since i still can run it at 2T.

Btw, I'm not sure whether it is stable for daily use but at least it is stable for some benchmarking. :)

irenic, please post your BIOS settings. I don't know about others, but I learn more and more by reading how others have tweaked their BIOS. If you can, tell us what settings you had to fine tune, as well. Thanks in advance! :)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question on OCZ VX Gold EL pc 3200.(The ones I have = OCZ4001024ELDCGEVX-K) I understand that these are not TCCD Chips. I Think I was recommended the wrong memory for this board as I am having difficulty getting started properly.

I did a quick Memtest from the Bios when I first put the bits together (no errors) on stock settings.I then set up Win Xp on 1 IDE hdd. Win XP installed ok booted up about 3 times did not install any other software as I wanted Raid.

Went to set up Raid O with 2 new drives and after a few problems got this working ok and installed XP,formatted addition partitions. Booted up twice no problem,Then went to install DFI drivers but now fails to load Xp, just black screen after getting to point where Xp starts to load.

Your settings and statements for Ocx VX indicate that these work best in oc environment and voltage at 3.4V (I have only tried at 2.9V and lower)to get more I need to do the jumper trick.

My question is , Do I need 3.4v to spur the Vx'S into action. I cant understand why the setup started to work ok then just packed in as I was getting started without altering anything.

I have not yet tried "Andy T's settings" for Winnie 90nm and VX . Next stage is to clear cmos pull out battery and start afresh.

thanks

hayjay

hayjay, I have the same RAM and CPU as you do. Are you running the 310 BIOS? Check out this thread at 3500 Winchester & OCZ Gold VX Overclocking

As you continue to tweak, please post in that thread so other can learn from your experience. :nod: Thanks!

Sincity

Thanks for the info I will study your data,yes I have 3.10 bios, but have just been looking at others. Bios 3.25 seems to be optimized for VX , have downloaded this version but not yet installed . I am presently doing a VX burn-In for 24 hours, at 2-2-2-10 with volts on max in bios without the jumper thing,( I think 3.3v). Presently on 10 hours without an error.

Once I can get into Xp then I have more options . presently I dont know if the problem why I can't access Xp is memory or the raid drives themselves or something else.

hayjay

I was going to buy some GSkill 4400 LE but when i saw and read this thread and saw that there was not one... but three OCZ guys posting here, I opted to go with the OCZ 3200 plat Rev 2. :nod: Im hopeing to get 280 FSB so wish me luck. :rolleyes:

I was going to buy some GSkill 4400 LE but when i saw and read this thread and saw that there was not one... but three OCZ guys posting here, I opted to go with the OCZ 3200 plat Rev 2. :nod: Im hopeing to get 280 FSB so wish me luck. :rolleyes:

The FSB should be no problem but the max OC might hit U earlier then U want.

i need help badly. i recently ordered a pair 2x512MB of g.skill F13200DSU2-1GBLE from newegg. first off, my specs are:

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-D(Bios 3/10)

EVGA 6600GT(2x, SLI)

Antec True 550 EPS12V 24Pin PSU

Seagate 120G SATA

WD 100G IDE

A64 3200+ Winchester

I think that's good enough. ok, here are the problems:

from the package it shows DDR400 2-2-2-5 and DDR550 2.5-3-3-7. I wanted the best and fast memories. I installed everything from the beginning, meaning i took out everything and install it back. The only thing i didn't install was winxp which was from the original 3000+ a64 with ocz pc3200 rev. 2. I didn't reinstall winxp because i don't think it should matter much. ok, so i check the memory speed in cpu-z and it shows 2.5-4-4-8 for DDR400 and 3-6-6-11 for DDR550 :(. what the heck, the package says 2.5-3-3-7 for DDR550. The next problem was that I had to set the VDIMM to 3.2 or above in order to boot with these memories :(. Everything is running at default settings and i still get crashed constantly. this is my first time running g.skill, but my previous 1GB of ocz rev. 2 was TCCD as well. Please help because these memories are going back to newegg if i can't fix it. Thank you very much.

irenic, please post your BIOS settings. I don't know about others, but I learn more and more by reading how others have tweaked their BIOS. If you can, tell us what settings you had to fine tune, as well. Thanks in advance! :)

my settings is far more simple than what u guys posted here.

i set 1T, 2.5-4-3-10

trfc = 24

trc =12

tref =3072

max async latency = 8ns

The other settings all at default. I tried memtest in windows and error appeared just after 10% hehe..

i need help badly. i recently ordered a pair 2x512MB of g.skill F13200DSU2-1GBLE from newegg. first off, my specs are:

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-D(Bios 3/10)

EVGA 6600GT(2x, SLI)

Antec True 550 EPS12V 24Pin PSU

Seagate 120G SATA

WD 100G IDE

A64 3200+ Winchester

I think that's good enough. ok, here are the problems:

from the package it shows DDR400 2-2-2-5 and DDR550 2.5-3-3-7. I wanted the best and fast memories. I installed everything from the beginning, meaning i took out everything and install it back. The only thing i didn't install was winxp which was from the original 3000+ a64 with ocz pc3200 rev. 2. I didn't reinstall winxp because i don't think it should matter much. ok, so i check the memory speed in cpu-z and it shows 2.5-4-4-8 for DDR400 and 3-6-6-11 for DDR550 :(. what the heck, the package says 2.5-3-3-7 for DDR550. The next problem was that I had to set the VDIMM to 3.2 or above in order to boot with these memories :(. Everything is running at default settings and i still get crashed constantly. this is my first time running g.skill, but my previous 1GB of ocz rev. 2 was TCCD as well. Please help because these memories are going back to newegg if i can't fix it. Thank you very much.

Hi, are you getting similar results to what you had with the OCZ memory? Similar settings may work. See this: http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showpost....994&postcount=6 for a place to start.

Find you CPU type and use these timings as a reference.

Hi! I'm having a memory problem.

See, I always get a bluescreen + reboot after the download (or hashing) is finished in Bittorrent.

The bluescreen is only there for ½ second and then it automatically reboots. But I've manage to read a little... it's swedish so the translation might not be the correct: "Beginning emptying the physical memory".

What is causing this error? I've tired changing BT-clients. That's simply not the error. When I report the error via Windows bug-report.. it's says a hardware device might be malfunctioning.. and once, I was even told it was the graphic device that caused it.. (why would it be that?!).

I've overclocked the computer... it happened then, I've gone back to "absolutely" stock settings, it happens now as well... so it's not my settings I think. Could it be my drivers?

Please, I do not know what to do anymore... I simply can't solve this problem.

If it blue screens whenever you finish a torrent, it's almost certainly a software error. It could be a Java problem depending on your client. "I've tired changing BT-clients. That's simply not the error" I'm not sure if this means it still crashes with different clients or not. There could also be a problem with your IDE drivers.

There should be an event in your event viewer about the crash which may help. If you want to read the blue screen error message, disable the automatic reboot. Go to System Properties, Advanced, Startup and Recovery, and untick the "Automatically restart" box.