The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

i just did the setup and all and most things were reading correctly although the clock was reading at 2881mhz or something

i only wish i were that good

its running stock 2.2

not that important or anything just wondering why.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you AndrewZorn. I think you are the 1st poster with a Dual Core X2.

MBM5 reads the speed at startup but any updates must be done manually.

Do you have RM Clock or C n Q enabled?

Right click the mbm5 icon/temp in the taskbar and then "Update CPU". Let me know what it reads.

Thanks .. I will see how to compress it into one post - limit of 10 images :rolleyes:

Got PM, have to get my head around it and go from there .. still need to complete SLi post. Will get there though :D

Oh wow. ncsa nice work. Those red dots didn't show upwhen I first looked, looks great now. Parts of my PM obviously don't apply anymore :)

@_xhp_, ncsa, and SaFrOuT - you have PM.

hehehe, well the rig sure looks nice but until we see some screenshots, benchmarks and a post in the OverClockling Data Base we don't get too impressed. :)

Be interesting if you could post a screenshot of your active window as well. Alt+PrintScreen and then save as a jpg in Paint and host somewhere with a link to it.

of course, expect it in about 7hrs

but no OC yet im going to wait for the thermal paste to set in and stuff

im still kind of pissed i messed up the heatsink lapping it, it normally goes so well... but at least im still getting 28+ idle.

Alright guess I was a bit terse. All of _xhp_'s sensors (23 - 26) show up in sysinfo report as usual they just show up with a reading of 0 (except 25 of course).

The rivatuner sensor output is still sent to temp sensors 32 thru 27 depending on how many outputs you have activated and exported. I've activated cpu Core, Gpu Core, Gpu Mem and Gpu core temp. I assume sensors 27 and 28 which currently read 0 in MBM are reserved for framerate and ambient temp which I don't have activated. Neither Rivatuner nor Nvidia drivers show an ambient temp. So I'm assuming that sensor doesn't exist on the 7800GTX.

Only way i'll be able to test sli in the near future is if I win a card from EVGA's contest ;) I've already gone a bit overboard on computer spending this summer.

@ncsa

I thing your tutorial for sli & rivatuner implies that you have to have rivatuner installed if you want to have sli temperatures - you need to have rivatuner installed only if you want to see the core & mem frequences...

@soundx98

In the first post, after the links to my plugins please add the following line: if you are having any problems with _xhp_'s plugins please post exactly which version of the plugin you are using (zip file name is enough).

It is like not having a sig :rolleyes:

Received you PM. The links are correct...

Unfortunatly, at the moment I am not working on core & mem frequences without rivatuner. The room where I keep my PC is not air conditioned, today the air temperature was 36C in the shades (and in my room) :cool: . It is now 0:30 in the night and the temperature droped to 30.5C - can't even think normaly, and it is only going to get hotter, so don't expect anything soon...

Done, made requested change to 1st post

P.S. you don't need to blame it on the heat.

We know about you Croatian Cassanova's

Kick the babes out of the bed and get back to work. :)

Thank you AndrewZorn. I think you are the 1st poster with a Dual Core X2.

MBM5 reads the speed at startup but any updates must be done manually.

Do you have RM Clock or C n Q enabled?

Right click the mbm5 icon/temp in the taskbar and then "Update CPU". Let me know what it reads.

actually I'm running dual core too :) But never thought of posting hehe. I was trying to make sure I had gotten Samurize working first. Still working on it though. I want to come up with my own idea for Samurize not borrow from someone elses but heh least it's working. But, do I HAVE to have rivatuner AND MBM5 running with Samurize? I would like to only have one running if at all possable.

ok i am at work but i will try update CPU when i get back.

the first with an x2 on this thread!? i guess i really do have some hot stuff... it sure did cost a lot and was hard to get it all working...

And grats Andrew for finally getting your rig up :)

actually it is back down again. working fine last night but now there are so many memory errors i can barely operate it. moving the JP17 jumper does absolutely nothing, i still do not get option for over 3.2v.

please see my thread anyone that reads this