The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

ncsa and SaFrOuT i have incorporated you tutorial posts into the 1st page. :cool:

Great work Dudes, Great response time. Feel free to edit or add on to your posts as appropriate.

Waitin on Flybye to finish off his stuff and we should be good to go.

If anyone has time to read through the EDITTED 1st post on page #1 and let us know what we are missing or could do better.

Any NEW guys don't be afraid to give us a shout if there are any issues or it isn't easy to follow. PLEASE let us know if there are issues. But I think it's a hell of a lot easier to follow.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATED 7-28-2005 - Reading NV Card Temps

_xhp_ did some awesome work with the NVidia cards. It's the only way I know how to read the NVidia temps. You can Download the _xhp_ plug-ins here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...6&postcount=397

That link is for those who wish to read the temps directly form the drivers.

You should add the links to the rivatuner version for those who wish there core&mem frequences as well (think it is this http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...8&postcount=359).

@ _xhp_ . Yes, of course. It's done.

@SaFrOuT and ncsa - maybe a screen with the DASH BOARD OPENED ALL THE WAY UP. (and how to open it up with the Little Lock) I still think that some NV users will expect to see their card temps in the location for ATITool temps.

ncsa can you please make sure you also include links to _xhp_'s RivaTuner plug-in files since you've got the RivaTuner tutorial. Also give credit to UnWinder and a link to RivaTuner download location.

SaFrOuT prolly be a good idea to include a link to _xhp_'s driver plug-ins in your post. Better to duplicate a link than have a new user need to search for it.

Hi,

I have the spec in my sig.

I posted a few days/weeks back in anticipation of this 'tutorial' and it looks good.

Great work guys :nod:

I'm at work at the moment but will try and follow the guides and see where I get.

I tried a few weeks back. I got the plugin to be recognised but the temps were not showing. I think the place where I went wrong was setting the sensors correctly.

Will let you know how I get on. :)

Snook

@SaFrOuT and ncsa - maybe a screen with the DASH BOARD OPENED ALL THE WAY UP. (and how to open it up with the Little Lock) I still think that some NV users will expect to see their card temps in the location for ATITool temps.

... and a warning about stacked dashboard icons (becouse some user will expand the dashboard all the way and they still wont't see the values) ...

SaFrOuT prolly be a good idea to include a link to _xhp_'s driver plug-ins in your post. Better to duplicate a link than have a new user need to search for it.

it is already there under a link named "here"

but anyway i will make it more easy to find

......Waitin on Flybye to finish off his stuff and we should be good to go.....

Gents, I won't be able to even touch this until Fri afternoon or the weekend.

What I was thinking of doing was a PDF file for the instructions.

Now there are 2 ways I can do this:

1) Remove the pretty junk from my config file (speed meters, harddrive space, nic usage, ram usage, calender, etc.) and leave the MBM and rivatuner elements in.

2) Leave it all intact so everyone can have a nice base Samurize to start off with.

#1 will create a nice small config file with a nice small instruction booklet.

#2 is a size problem. The Samurize config file itself is 1mg, and this isn't including the weather portion of my Samurize.

DFI-Street only allows files up to 100k in length. I could save it on my server, but then there may be the bandwith issue. One too many people download the file and they will have to wait till next day for the server to reset my account.

By the way, there is no straight forward way to setup MBM in Samurize. The Sensor numbers are completly off, and I had to trial and error it. I have no clue if it would be the same for MBMs on other people's machines.

Take the NF4 for example. In Samurize, the sensor it is reading this from is 37 and MBM shows this as voltage sensor number 6.

hehehe, don't feel rushed Flybye. That certainly wasn't my intention.

I would prefer #2 as a post instead of PDF. I can probably handle hosting a file and I am sure others would as well. Take care of your stuff and just try and get it done when you can. It's a request not a demand. LOL

Course the world does await you.

Ok ok :D

Anyways, I'll stick the Samurize on my server to begin with to see how it works out. Heck I might as well give you the file, too, and have ya like a mirror.

You want me to use imageshack like the rest to keep things uniformed, or will it not matter to ya if I just upload the pics here?

I can even give you the Samurize config now if you would like so people can play with it, and I'll worry bout the instructions later this week.

what ever is easiest for ya brutha. Can upload them right here if ya want or use Image Shack. leave it up to you.

Just start a post with whatever info you want and linksky to the config file, I'll link it in the 1st post, and you can work on it and develop it when you can. Try hosting the config file or send a copy to [email protected] and I'll try and mirror. Yes, I'd love to faht around with the config as well.

We ALL appreciate your efforts and contributions. Very kewl of Ya. :cool: