Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ElAguila

It probably has nothing to do with what is going on but I am thinking of trying the ballistix in the yellow slots before I rma them to see if that makes any difference at all.

Mine will probly be same batch as yours as well, so ill be keeping a close eye on how yours go and keep you updated with what mine are upto as well ;)

Ofcause bud :)

btw , it seems the WORST batch is the 1115N.X i know badboy's is fine

but the majority of n's are dieing my other dead ones where V's

These are the Very newest i have being 5Z , i think i saw someone having

1116 but im not sure now :confused:

:tooth:

Ok looped 3dmark2k3 36 times , played battlefield 2 for 1hr

batch number 1115Z.1Q so these are very new! ill be keeping

an eye on them

currently running at 2.7volts 232mhz 11 3 3 3

why not try them at the rated speed & timings at least? 232mhz is underclocked, i'm sure you know that though.

try 250 3-3-3-8 or 3-4-4-10 1T 2.7v

why not try them at the rated speed & timings at least? 232mhz is underclocked, i'm sure you know that though.

try 250 3-3-3-8 or 3-4-4-10 1T 2.7v

Not possible...

10x280

mem dividers = 200 , 333 , 400

333 = 232mhz

400 = 280mhz

Trying 2.5 3 3 10 232mhz 2.7volts

Not possible...

10x280

mem dividers = 200 , 333 , 400

333 = 232mhz

400 = 280mhz

Trying 2.5 3 3 10 232mhz 2.7volts

oh my bad. i guess your multi's are locked. i thought your cpu multi's were unlocked like the x2's, going down from the default multi. i can run 10x250 or 9x, 8x etc. but if i go the .5 multi's it enables the mem divider.

Hell...I was thinking of ditching my 2x512 GSkill DDR550's for 2GB of Tracers but just the thought of possibly having to fight them has killed my RAM lust. It takes long enough to dial in a good pair nevermind trying to get them to work...

Just wondering, HAS anyone ever had a good pair yet????????????

LOL havnt been back here in quite a while but just wanted to report still rock solid at all previouly stated speeds.

no probs with these sticks been ~3-4 months now

Hell...I was thinking of ditching my 2x512 GSkill DDR550's for 2GB of Tracers but just the thought of possibly having to fight them has killed my RAM lust. It takes long enough to dial in a good pair nevermind trying to get them to work...

As a lot of us here knows, 'dialing' in ANYTHING with these mobo's can take quite a bit of effort if you are heading towards the 'zone'. For beter or for worse, these mobo's allow you to 'touch' settings that most hide away from you.

Also notice that the Tracers do not seem to, or perhaps because nobody posting here so far has Tracers, but the Tracers may not behave the same as these non-Tracers, so far.

Anywho, though my replacements have been kicking serious booty for almost a month now, and I expect years of use from this ram since my hand-me-downs from 8 years ago still live on as file servers, etc, if they do go bad, I will just RMA them again until Crucial gets it right.

This ram is definitely TOP SHELF when it works, and I am definitely going to make it last as long as I can, at the highest stretch over stock speeds I can too. I will not abuse it though, and I know enough to back off before I break something.

It's great ram, though I really do believe Crucial has a bad batchout there but I also believe they are correcting it as we speak.

I hate witch hunts. Happens a lot anytime anyone tries to push the envelope.

Looking at this thread, and especially at the loudest complainers, who also mostly happen to be UNDERCLOCKING their ram, really amazes me, since this ram is so expensive in the first place.

Very weird, but in any case, I've used Crucial for years, as well as Micron, Samsung, and many others. No brand loyalty at all. The only thing I know is that this kit does allow me to push the envelope, and then some.

Imma hang in there for awhile because I think the best is yet to come.