Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

Hmmm...anyone heard of any issues with Tracers? I skimmed the long assed post but I saw few references...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at this thread, and especially at the loudest complainers, who also mostly happen to be UNDERCLOCKING their ram, really amazes me, since this ram is so expensive in the first place.

er no, just me and one other it's happened to people who under volted , normaly

voted... overclocked , underclocked , default... different boards. :rolleyes:

System wouldnt boot this morning at 2.5 3 3 10 , though it worked for 2hrs last

night :confused: so trying 3 2 2 10 232mhz

I've been using my Ballistix for about three months now, @250 with 2.7v and after some initial instability, they've settled now pretty well.

My question is though, how do I tell if they are from a bad batch if they are likely to fail soon (as is suggested by some of the posts in this thread)?

Would it be an idea to get the batch and serial numbers and check in with Crucial or should I just wait to RMA them if or when they go t*ts up? It would be interesting to see if there is a specific sequence that has been causing these problems.

BB

read a few posts before this lot ;).

I already sent them back, they would pass memtest for an hour and prime for 12 hours but wouldn't run in 3D intencive games. They were brand new. in my system for a week while trying to get 3D mark and other games to work.

I have my G.Skil in now and can do anything i wan't with these 512meg sticks. there under clocked atm @ 200 2.6v 2-2-5-2. there rated at DDR550 and further. god i love G.Skil. I wish i bought there 2GB sticks now.

I tell ya what, i REALLY REALLY REALLY hope these ballistix survive like this without problems

running at 3 2 2 10 , because i went from 13232 3dmark2k3 - 13498 3dmark2k3 and battlefield 2 is running awsome, 232mhz 2.7 volts.

Ofcause ill keep people updated