Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

Hey Hell.... working fine, Ill test it out for a while. No change +/- so far over the 505-T6-121 I've been using. We'll see if ram can do better.... but it is certainly doing no worse.

I'd lost the cold/warmboot stuff with Warmod and lost sound/lan with AMD's bios coupled with much improved SB/mosfet cooling. So I wont get to enjoy you fixing them... they aint broke ;-)

Been thrashing the 4.40 NV drivers on the NF7, Il have to update the DFI to them, along with Cat4.7 I guess. 9200 is OK on 4.7 so far.

So now my biossavior is fully loaded...6/19Hell and AMD121 :nod:

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unwackme with those digits of 9-12 do you find a difference over say 13-15 or 12-14? I have mine on 12-14 as I 'heard' it increases 3d performance but have never heard of the 9-12 or any other variance. What does these settings get you and are they harder to stabilize?

mrlobber, if you have a bios savior, or a board to hot flash with or something I will email the bios over.

(continuing the same way SAE gave the bios to me =P)

Originally posted by FDM

mrlobber, if you have a bios savior, or a board to hot flash with or something I will email the bios over.

(continuing the same way SAE gave the bios to me =P)

Thanks FDM, if you did it, it would be nice. I've got e-mail enabled in my profile.

Spare bios chips lying around me. Without them, my Infinity a couple of times wouldn't be resurrected.

Btw, so far a pair of good reports on HellFire's good job. Looks even more promising...

I havent seen any diff between 13,15 and 9,12 myself. Figured less is better if it causes no trouble.

Think of the 11 and the 9,12 as setting an envelope around the memory access.... so AGPvsCPU or CPUvsAGP wont even bother asking for an access till that time has elapsed for the last access (regardless of WHO did the accessing). So you would ultimately want to pare this down to the lowest it can be. Minimum it needs to encompass the previous access, so noone is trying to horn in before the previous access is done. Not that it would be a bad thing, but it would cause a false start and actually SLOW your overall performance, since the request would hve to be re-made...costing you a couple clocks here and there.

The whole thing is such a huge jumble of extremely complicated interactions. All tempered by what the 99% of accesses character is. Lots of potential this-then-that scenario's but in an AMD running typical applications, 99% of access with be of a certain character, and honing the specifics of the 1% of situations is generally fruitless.

So I think the only way to really find the optimal point for those timings, is to tweak, then SiSoft many iterations to sort out the real info from the basic inaccuracy "noise" of the measurements. The differences would be subtle, but Im sure there is an optimal setting.

The "11" we mostly use comes from the SB/NB interaction, where the audio/lan etc can also be accessing memory, and the 11 makes sure the envelop of "do not disturb" is wide enough to keep false-starts from actually SLOWING your overall result. This is why NF2 likes 11, while Canterwood likes 5-6 to get its best results.

I just wish I could get the technical reference for the NF2, we'd damn well have this thing hone'd to a fine point in no time with all the dope.

Guest Hellfire

I've just added the Infinity 6/19 bios with the 1/31 ROMSIP that everyone has been requesting.

Tested on my board fine, but use with uttmost caution!

BTW I will be release this bios for the lanparty later tonight

HAVE FUN!!!

Hellfire Infinity Bios /w 1/31 ROMSIP

this bios (6/19 w 12/18 ROMSIP) is unbelieveable on my LanParty. Priming in 2nd hour at 240x11 CPC on with a single 512stick. Just toastered 249x10.5 with CPC OFF. I'll flash one of the Infinity's next. No issues using WInflash.

hellfire - I owe ya. we are not worthy.:nod:

:cool: ...now cruising on 619-131 and seems ok so far. Flash fine but that board is new to me and it just flat hauls anyway and I never was overly fond of 131 but with soundx98 twisting 619-1218, I just figured to twist a different one.

Sincerely, RGone...1ster>:nod:

Aren't you guys a nuts a little? :eek: :confused:

Im just happy my machine run well and stable... Flash a new bioses to my Lanparty B? eeeeeeh, NEVER w/o BiosSaviour :P One for bot! :)

uwackme - nice ideas about the 13/15 - 9/12 settings, man. Do setting 9/12 make my machine faster? ;)