Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

Aren't you guys a nuts a little?

Ahh - Well yes, we resemble that remark.

Bios Savior? not into it - Rather play with an elts_drac spare bios chip and hot flash like me man SAE taught me. w00t.

Besides - war mod loaded - and dis hellfire bios got me booster rockets on burn. zoom zoom zoom.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st couple screens at 249x10.5 (2610MHz) LPB with single 512 stick of Mushkin Special 2-2-2 CPC OFF. Sorry was using older Sandra. 9800 on default setting "balanced". 11-3-2-2. I'm usually at 240x10.5 - 2520 on this rig

[bimg]http://premium.uploadit.org/soundx98/2610.JPG[/bimg]

[bimg]http://premium.uploadit.org/soundx98/2610Sandra.JPG[/bimg]

then I dropped back to 240x11 (2646 (w00t) with CPC ON - Very stable. can rip dvds prime 3d01 etc.

[bimg]http://premium.uploadit.org/soundx98/2646.JPG[/bimg]

just tightened it up to 11-2-2-2 and going fine. Can't wait to flash the infinity.

:D ...or benching or jus dancin in the moonlight with a gaudy costume on, no matter. Wun has jus got to puss the envelope wit a DFI sister. Hehehehehehehehee.

There are more brilliant minds surrounding the backdrop of the DFI sisters than the law aughta allow. Hehehehehe. I agree with 'uwackme'> that if DFI had given us the information and tools we needed 7 months ago> the boards would have all been fixed by now. Problem is the NDA they have signed and the 'face'.

I seen ole sound and dance-98 wuz flashing the HellifIknow12/18 so I taken the HellifIknow1/31 an flashed eet. No sense all flashing the same fer tasting. 1/31 is me baby. She smoking and giving off fine heat. Hehehehehehhee. She went rat on upair and busted the ole 21k in 3dmuck2k1 alraddy fer me an she flat@ss smoking as it were. Hehehehehehe.

Ride em soundofx98. Hehehehehehe.

Cuz we nose me jus ole, RGone...1ster>:nod:

:D ...what there is, is different. Many have been over this a hundred or so times and I have replied many times that no bios I have ever flashed has upped my MAX FSB by even one FSB. Not a bios one has done that.

Now if a person is familiar enough with his own rig and 'what' it responds to he can tune towards how he runs.

I don't race or fool around with benches in the forums anymore as AG has hinted against such and I even think it best not to do so very much. Too many think it is a 'given' then that they can run like me. Not so magee, just ain't so. However many could run better. Hehehehehe.

Bios 10/15/03 may be the most awesome bios for the DFI sisters. It has a couple of quirks that must be planned for that mother is a power house> IF you got any memory worth a sheet. Tough bad sucker it is.

11/27/03 just a little weaker and a couple of bugs fixed and you really really got to have the memory for it as in the 10/15/03. None of those bioses had anything wrong just "needed" really good memory and the bioses had to be treated with 'finesse' not blunt trauma fingers.

12/10/03 was one I never much fooled with.

12/18/03 was a video performance power house but again you had to have good memory to tote the bios. Junk memory need not apply.

12/31/03 is my all time personal favorite for MY setup. Just a tad bit looser than 12/18/03 but a real video performer 'still'.

01/21/04 is the one that fit a few boards better than anything. One reason folks thought it was so bad to the bone in some benches was the AGP latency was pre-set to 255 like most Nvidia cards used anyway and it would kick a few points out extra on the 3dmark scores.

01/31/03 was never a big favorite of mine as it was just another sorta 12/18/03 in disguise. Fairly tight with AGP latency in the bios if I remember correctly.

02/15/04 was a strange animal and the last OWu bios until the 06 series that would flash on any motherboard I have owned. It had some extra timings to learn and other than that was not better for me than anything else.

02/17/04. Hated my boards. Hehehehehehee.

06/19/04 the one headed for officialdom is on my LanPottybHO rat now and she can rise to nearly any occasion. Running Nvidia Lan at 245x10.5 day to day without missing a beat after I sorted out two defunct Maxtor SATA drives causing freezes when I was looking off elesewhere. Strange how it acted and searched ALL the WRONG things first. Hehehehehehe. Yep this a good bios Ok enough.

Now trying HellifIknow131 and it flashed very easy and is running so far about like my 12/31 favorite with my pieces. Which will come out on top? NONE will be on top except as an individual system tuner learns to tune them. Not one more MAX FSB yet out of any of the bioses I have described in general.

Just hit me to sorta describe my personal experiences with the various bios iterations. Most want to look to a bios for extra> but it is not really there. A smoking good Power Supply and Flaming good memory and cpu all add up to pieces that make a DFI sister flaming HOT. Really HOT comes from the tunee and the amount of refrigeration he can lay out the coins for. Heheheheheee. I am thinking of putting mine in the 'frig'. HEhehehehehehe. :D

You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled programming; as the bios mini-series is over.

Near sincere, RGone...1ster>:nod:

The 1-31 RS is not as 3D stable most of the time... I am speaking generally as I have not been testing these bioses yet.

/edit.

Robert, the max FSB is not determined by your bios BUT your hardware :D I know what I am talking about, hehe ;) My new CPU 's running 268fsb a lot smoother and without lockups, and it'S able to get into windows at much higher fsb clocks... (APIC limits, you know)

Further info.... I did still get sound dropout at high ambient temps playing Farcry for hours..... but upping the PCI latency to 64 from the default 32 fixed it. No dropouts since.

I think dropouts are caused by multiple things, so when we suffer from 2-3-4 of them getting ONE dont change it, but as we've slowly pared down the list of issues, we are down to 0 now

:nod:

Guess we need a topic to be a place to enter all these things/adjustments we have found for TW to use.

I'd like to see them use the NB-1 cooler as thier NB heatsink.... call TT and make a bulk deal....at least on LPuB $149 retail should have some room... dump the carrying bag.

I think upping SB voltage .05-.1V might also help. The added latency (not too much not too little) tends to suggest it gets sluggish at higher temps.... a minor bump with a single resistor value change should be considered for future manufacturing.

I'd also request moving to 4.7K resistors on the Vcore OCP to widen the window for watercooling/phase folks to operate.... noone in normal customer land will ever ush past the OCP as it is now anyways. Save us from thinking about SMD rework please.

Implement some compromise version fo the Vdroop/Vcore mod's to let higher more stable Vcore be used. Ordinary users WONT push the Vcore high anyway, so no worry. And anyone who would push the Vcore high... KNOWS... what they are doing.

Put a bigger HSink on the SB and use better adhesive. Put a heatsink on the Sil3114 (use the now "extra" SB sinks in stock ;-)

Set default PCI to 64, AGP controller to 96, and AGP bus to 255 latencies. Default the EXT-P2P setting to 1ms... not 30us. I have had no trouble at the default....where as same default on NF7 would be RAID DEATH.... so Im worried, maybe just paranoid, but why risk it. I haven't used WPCRSET on it yet cause I dont know what value to use...will set NF7 and look next time its on.

Kudo's to TW on the 6/19, its a really nice bit of work, way to go Oskar.

Now break out the AGP memory timings if at all possible. So we can unleash our CPU's without run afoul of the AGP board constraints.

Trodas..... I think 9/12 cuts the window down to the min as best we can get it, so in boundary situations you get the least delay when 2 accesses butt heads. It starts getting unstable below this.

In the places where two consectutive accesses by different devices intersect....Trp, Tr2p, Tw2p... the NForce2 seems to have a vulnerability. So if the head-butting occurs often enough that ONE time where it screws up causes a crash. Our job is to minimize that possibility. I think it hits what we call "synchronizer faliure", and there may actually be a flaw in the design that leaves a hole or two to fall into. So the settings are all forced to work AROUND that danger. If the ras-precharge (pause between consecutive accesses) isnt sufficient, WHAMMO.

Thats why the 2 "4"'s in my Alpha timing are there, and the reason high FSB is alot harder to get stable on NF7-S...cause of how damn TIGHT those default settings are, "0" and "3".

:nod:

:D ...sofur>she holding pretty goot air MR SFFU. Hehehehehehe. Eben wit atair 131Roomsip. HEhehehehehehehe.

I bouncing round hiding frum SAE cuz me changed he name over in duh; overclocking threads. Hehehehehehehehe.

I be RGone...1ster>:shake: while hiding out...

Originally posted by RGone

:D ...sofur>she holding pretty goot air MR SFFU. Hehehehehehe. Eben wit atair 131Roomsip. HEhehehehehehehe.

I bouncing round hiding frum SAE cuz me changed he name over in duh; overclocking threads. Hehehehehehehehe.

I be RGone...1ster>:shake: while hiding out...

I saw it! And man, if I can catch ya... hehe, I'll... erm... *thinkthinkthinkaboutapunishment*... erm, you'll see what ya get :D

I am no:angel: LOL

:cool: Thanks man, I wuz hoping you would like it. Now I got to duck out afore SAE catch me.

RGone...1ster>:nod: hiding and not letting no grass grow under his shoes...hehehehehhe.

wow! this bios does help increase my fsb from 230 to 245 at

11-2-3-3-2.5 cpc off, before i tried with cpc on and off didnt even boot. now it works with this modded bios. bummer that my mobile 2400 xp still crapping out at 2.3ghz, thanks alot hell, im still getting alot of warm-boot with this bios, but for the performance i sacrifice it:D