Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

Originally posted by tdn327

wow! this bios does help increase my fsb from 230 to 245 at

11-2-3-3-2.5 cpc off, before i tried with cpc on and off didnt even boot. now it works with this modded bios. bummer that my mobile 2400 xp still crapping out at 2.3ghz, thanks alot hell, im still getting alot of warm-boot with this bios, but for the performance i sacrifice it:D

Install the "war" mod to force default 1.775 voltage. Probably will cure all your cold/warm boot issues.

Still waiting for rig-use-free-time where I could allow my memory a 72 hour burn-in before trying this each-day-more-promising bios.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would of done the mod but too lazy taking off my hsu, it took me almost 15minute to install that Sh**, dam case doesnt have a mobo tray, so everytime i take my hsu apart its hard to put it back on. also my cpu is at 1.85v right now, im still running more test like priming it right now, but this modded bios l00k even better than the beta one from dfi

Hellfire... what should I say: Congrats :D

Great bios release. I even could do a 4M Superpi at 12x267. Whoa. Not yet 3D tested - but soon ;)

Keep up the great work.

Oh darn it you guys, looks like mong is going to join the party, man focus is going to pot, brain is not functioning properly, 'only' 10,000 more words to go in the thesis.....

going to c supervisor on Tuesday, with little done, except flashing HO

maybe i tell him to buy a HO and join this forum, but then he would think im a perv

;)

mong off to flash..................

please LAN, please be nice

Guest Hellfire

Well have I got a new bios for you guys.

The mods on the 6/19 bios that I modded are:

- 1-31 Infinity Beta Bios Tables

- L12 mod built-in (Not sure if this will help any on our DFI boards)

- Cpu Interface Optimised

- Included option to change CPU Warning Tempurature

- Included option to change Shutdown Temperature

Enjoy! BTW This bios tested fine on my boards.

I only have this bios for the Infinity but I will also post this bios for the Lanparty.

Hellfire Infinity Bios 1/31 Romsip #2

Hellfire,

Well I just tested your first 6/19 bios and as many other bios' causes almost instant LAN death. I was just abt to try your 6/19 -12/18 bios. Ill give the second rev 6/19 -1/31 a go first and see if anything changes.

It would give me great satisfaction and believe me to many others if u could mod a 6/19 bios with the 1/21 ROMSIP, there are many users like myself who have only really benefitted from the 1/21 bios.

I hope u are able to find the time to conjour up such a bios, thanxs for your efforts

mong off to flash rev2

-EDIT-

Hellfire,

mong reporting back, ive tested all three bios' with regards to my LAN and everyone causes the LAN to fail almost instantly. This has nithing to do with your modding, as the 6/19 bios was another of the DFI bios' which was particulariy prone to LAN drops on this rig.

back to trusty 1/21.............

Originally posted by Hellfire

Well have I got a new bios for you guys.

The mods on the 6/19 bios that I modded are:

- 1-31 Infinity Beta Bios Tables

- L12 mod built-in (Not sure if this will help any on our DFI boards)

- Cpu Interface Optimised

- Included option to change CPU Warning Tempurature

- Included option to change Shutdown Temperature

Enjoy! BTW This bios tested fine on my boards.

I only have this bios for the Infinity but I will also post this bios for the Lanparty.

Hellfire Infinity Bios 1/31 Romsip #2

"L12 mod built-in" - how is that? You mean, every 133fsb cpu is forced to 200fsb default by this bios?

Guest Hellfire
Originally posted by mrlobber

"L12 mod built-in" - how is that? You mean, every 133fsb cpu is forced to 200fsb default by this bios?

It means that if you have a 133fsb default processor it will run the 200fsb table no matter what, so therefore the L-12 mod is not needed.

Originally posted by Hellfire

It means that if you have a 133fsb default processor it will run the 200fsb table no matter what, so therefore the L-12 mod is not needed.

That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure. Great job!

Well, I just tried all three of the bioses on HO#2.

XP2600Mobile in UI (test machine without War Mod or L12) with 2x256 Mushkin PC3500 Black Level II. Still maxing out at 250x10 or 243x10.5 (2557). Stable no issues at all but can't seem to increase the multi like with the LPB. Even with ROMSIP #2 with the L12 mod in. This bios definately seems to add an FSB or two.

Just flashed Hellfire C-18 on work UI#1. XP2100 Thoroughbred went from 230x10 to 240x9.5. very good thing. :) Priming now but seems very stable.

You da man Hellfire. So where's the 1/21 all ready? hehehe

:) ...just a notch or two. Scratch my head and try and do a backwards memory check. Have any of you guys in looking thru all the bios mods; 'seen' one with a 1/21 'romsip'? See I am having trouble remembering one as well.

I have read between the lines in a lot of posts and just caught a few snippets of information that by themselves may never mean a thing>but I catalog all such for later use as I might need them.

One such snippet is that I believe OskarWu said that the 1/21 is a bios that he felt not possible to add the 'cold boot cure' "into". Why? Hale if I know. I know that bios is not constructed like the others from what I can gather. Fact I don't think there is a 'romsip' that is swappable in a like manner to the others. Notice, that I said, I don't think it is. I did not say it was impossible.

But suppose we are focusing incorrectly in looking for a cure? I know of two who 'always' go back to 1/21 because of LAN drops. What describes this LAN drop. I hear mostly of two people that post here that report their LAN drops and they go back to 1/21 and they are "mongoled" and "Spartacus". I finally rushed my LPb to LAN duty and put it to work using the Nvidia LAN and that particular board "stays" connected no matter how I push it. It is right now on the 06/19 bios. 245x10.5 all the time. Now that board was using SATA and would freeze or lock-up if I was on the net but also when I was doing nothing. Seemed more likely to 'freeze' when doing absolutely nothing. In fact for a "while" I thought it was a LAN dropper and swapped to the GIGA LAN. No difference. Then I thought it was Heat and worked on that for a while. Then I thought it was running 3 sticks of memory and worked on that for a while. Then I just sat and thought for a while since "nothing" I was doing was having any effect and by now I had watched it "like a hawk" and was no longer looking for a LAN dropper as I first imagined. I am really scratching my head now.

Finally I remembered something from a few months before. I realized the 2 Maxtor SATA drives did in fact give errors that would allow me to RMA them but since they had worked for 3 "more" months> I had not pressed for RMA. I had tested them back months before when "spacemonkey" had found some strangeness with his but did not press RMA because they "seemed" fine. You know how it is when something still seems to work. Well I said now they (the drives) are on all the time.

So I reran the Maxtor tests and "this time" when it said you need to back your data up for safety and get to Maxtor for RMA> I did it. I pulled the drives and replaced with 2 Hitachi SATA's and no more "freezes". None. No apparent LAN drops like I first thought but later decided was not so but became instead a pure mystery to be solved. SATA drives that give no errors cured my particular brand of weirdness. I would have bet it was memory, cpu, mobo, heat, fonky southbridge> you can name nearly anything>BUT what it really turned out to be.

Now that is why, I would like to know what people "call" LAN drop? Is it always Nvidia LAN. My Nvidia LAN is using the LAN drivers from 4.24. Yep, what does LAN drop look like? Is the MAC address in place. Is a router in use? What does LAN drop look like?

I know a lot of writing but it is necessary to get all the cards on the table. From what little I know> the 1/21 is not a bios like the others. OskarWu has never chosen 1/21 to install the "cold boot fix" into and seems unlikely to do so as he says from his perspective it is 'not' doable. And finally the 1/21 defaults AGP latency to 255 instead of 32 as in most of the other bioses. The PCI buss is defaulted to 32 as in the other bioses as well. So no change there for so-called LAN drop cure.

What I am saying is that I am suspicious that 6/19 cannot have a 1/21 romsip installed into it. Again I say maybe not and this from specks of information that I have gleaned. So what other than AGP latency being moved to 255 is different that supposedly cures LAN drop and what in hale does LAN drop look like. What I first thought was LAN drop for my LpB turned out to be not so and the problem cured by replacing two hard drives. Now let us see if we can sort the problem into symptoms and see what the variables are shown to be.

Now that is the mystery of LAN drop and 1/21 as I see it. No real information as of yet. Cold boot was perhaps mis-described for 6 months until I discovered to describe cold boot = no post to TW and then 6/19 appeared and does help most cold booters and does not "kill" many boards either like earlier cold boot fix attempts did. So let us get the terminology of "drops LAN" into the open and see if it is mis-labeled or mis-diagnosed or what the heck the deal is. I am suspicious that no DFI sister board in "my" personal possession> will drop the LAN. Why not?

Ok now if I did not converse in my silly RGoneian...>let us see what meaneth what?

Sincerely, RGone...1ster>:nod:

PS: HellFire man you are welcome to weigh-in and explain why you chose to do the 12/18 and the 1/31 romsip swapping instead of the 1/21 which is the one I hear most hollered for anyway!

RGone...Again...