The Worst Thing That Has Happended To Me!!!

Queenz

Bad luck old chap.

I'll pray for you... inbetween "god give me a quad core" and "i have been waiting ages now for the super model girlfriend..."

Get well soon.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't happen to be playing the game on a CRT monitor refreshing at 60Hz would you? My old CRT reverted to 60Hz once and it made me so sick within just a couple of minutes I had to lay down with my face buried in a pillow for two hours. If I moved a muscle it felt like I was going to toss up everything I'd eaten for the past week. It was probably the sickest I've ever felt in my life.

:withstupid:

When I was using a CRT, I got got frequent sinus headaches. Ever since I switched to an LCD, they've gone from frequent to rare.

Did you try 100+hz refresh rate? I know if I use a computer on 60hz I get crazy headaches but can stay on for as long as I want at 100+.

If the doc told you to stay away you should of course listen, but just something to think about.

If your doctor ever asks you to demonstrate just fire up Descent. :lol:
I think 3 hours of non-stop Descent is the prescription :lol:
WOW

I haven't played that game in years...

:unsure:

I never used top get nauseous at all back then though...

You wouldn't happen to be playing the game on a CRT monitor refreshing at 60Hz would you? My old CRT reverted to 60Hz once and it made me so sick within just a couple of minutes I had to lay down with my face buried in a pillow for two hours. If I moved a muscle it felt like I was going to toss up everything I'd eaten for the past week. It was probably the sickest I've ever felt in my life.

I'm gaming on LCD tv in the living room. Do TV's have a setting for refresh rate? I never really screwed around with the settings on my TV before so I wouldn't know :closedeyes:

LCD's don't have refresh rates like on CRT monitors. You can change it on LCD's to change the vsync cap, but it doesn't always work and usually makes no difference as to what you set the refresh rate to. LCD's have crystals that respond to electric current, hence they have response time. You can change the refresh rate all you want, the crystals still respond to electric current in the same way.

TV's don't have refresh rate settings, per se, neither do monitors, but I would think that it would work the same way as if you were using a regular monitor. (right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced, monitor) It won't do anything for you tho'.

Have you tried a smaller lcd?

I also find it funny that it just started happining. Did your doc have anything to say about that?

I use to have this when I was a little kid I found out (mom told me). That's why she told me we went to the doctor cause all of a sudden it came back. She recalls that when I was little and use to play super nintendo with my dad I would start throwing up and you could see my left eye twitching.