• Yes (once the price drops)
    • Yes (if it goes to other carriers)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ Oh... i thought this was going to be one of those $600 things... like the PS3... or like $400 like the razor (i guessed) but thats actually not that bad of a price :P

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/macworld2007/th...june-227429.php

:withstupid:

499 & 599 are the retail prices

the 245 & 280 prices are the estimates for what the iphones actually cost to produce

I'll just be blunt and say I hate the bloody thing. Most useless device ever made. There are plenty of other mobile phones made by proper companies, not some artsy fartsy bunch of snobs. I even hate the shape of it, how conventional and boring is it to create a phone shaped like a box?

They're just trying to do way too much with every electronic gadget that comes out now. Gone are the days of high-quality single-function devices. Now we've got crappy, buggy junk that takes pictures, makes phone calls, starts your car, clips your toe nails, and washes your dishes.

I use my phone to make phone calls and play a few games when I'm bored. That's it. So why would I pay $600 and get stuck with a crappy provider when I can get a good free (or really cheap) phone from everyone else?

I find all the comments here amusing seeing as how the majority of you guys have never touched the things and are basing your "opinions" on what you've seen or read online. Yea, great objectivity right there.... <_<

Now, a more objective opinion from somebody who actually owns the thing. It's an amazing device. It's just so sleek and sexy that you just want to hold it and look at it. It's so simple to use, I find myself feeling stupid for trying to do things the "hard" way when a particular function is done so simply on the iPhone.

I absolutely love the browser on this, it's way beyond anything that the competition offers. With native Flash support upcoming, it's simply going to destroy Palm, Windows Mobile, etc. when it comes to browsing the web on a phone. I enjoy having it work like an iPod since it saves me from carrying my Nano in addition to my phone when I work out or during the downtime in between classes.

I really like the Visual Voicemail feature since it's a pain to browse through several voicemails to get to the one I want. The Multi-touch feature is pure genius. It totally blows away my previous touchscreen phones. Finally, the keyboard is nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be. Apple is right, you get used to it with time. In just a few hours of owning the device I was typing at a rate close to that on my 8525 with its hardware keyboard.

Yes, $600 seems like a lot of money for a phone. But it's not just a phone, it's also a full fledged iPod. Plus, there was the amazing browsing experience that you don't get anywhere else. It's only after using the thing when I figured out the reason why Apple touted that as a major feature of the iPhone. To be honest, after you use the thing, $600 is definitely reasonable.

To those people who want a phone just to make calls, this isn't targeted for you. For those who don't browse the web on their phone, this isn't for you either. This phone is perfect for those people who will fully utilize all or most of its features. For people like that, $500-$600 is not that high. Would we like it were the price lower? Sure, but it's definitely not over-priced.

I should also add that Apple has software updates planned for the iPhone. So most of the gripes that people have, besides the lack of 3G, can and most likely will be addressed in future updates.

So on that note, I should advise people to only bash the device if you actually know what you're talking about. Otherwise you're just another Apple-hater, and nobody likes the guy who hates every product from a particular company just because of the brand name rather than on the merit of the product itself.

To those people who want a phone just to make calls, this isn't targeted for you. For those who don't browse the web on their phone, this isn't for you either. This phone is perfect for those people who will fully utilize all or most of its features. For people like that, $500-$600 is not that high. Would we like it were the price lower? Sure, but it's definitely not over-priced.

Exactly! When I re-read my previous post it sounds like I'm bashing the iPhone. I was actually talking about all the other junk that gets shoved down our throats. My point was that most people will never need/use all of the functions of the iPhone. To be honest, one thing I really like is the voicemail system. It just amazes me that nobody else has done that. But that's what Apple is good at, isn't it? Taking what everyone else does, improving it, and simplifying it.

Despite the fact that it's an impressive piece of technology, I have no use for it. *shrug*

Despite the fact that it's an impressive piece of technology, I have no use for it. *shrug*

Now that's a response I can respect and totally support. You are logical in your reasoning and it is understandable why you would not want the device.

It's about choice. Nobody is shoving the iPhone down your throat. If it suits your needs, then you have the choice to buy it. If it doesn't, then you have that choice too. There's no need to attack it just on the basis of it not fulfilling your need. But if the device had some fatal flaws, then sure, let er' rip :P

Now that's a response I can respect and totally support. You are logical in your reasoning and it is understandable why you would not want the device.

It's about choice. Nobody is shoving the iPhone down your throat. If it suits your needs, then you have the choice to buy it. If it doesn't, then you have that choice too. There's no need to attack it just on the basis of it not fulfilling your need. But if the device had some fatal flaws, then sure, let er' rip :P

I think its a rip off. 600 bucks for a phone, is just stupid imo. I will get it when it comes free with a new 2 year plan, in 2 years.

never owned an ipod, but if i did, i would run the batteries down really fast listening to it all the time, thus if i owned a iphone, i would run the batteries down real fast on that and never be able to talk on it. iphone is not for me.

I don't even own a cell phone and likely won't for a long time.

That being said, if I were to get a cell now, it would be just a regular run of the mill phone that more than likely comes free with the plan because that's all I would want it for. I'm sure the iPhone is great for those that want all the features, but it's not something I would use.

never owned an ipod, but if i did, i would run the batteries down really fast listening to it all the time, thus if i owned a iphone, i would run the batteries down real fast on that and never be able to talk on it. iphone is not for me.

I am pretty sure it has some like 20 or 40 hour battery... if not then i think belkin makes an external battery...so do a few others

I'll just be blunt and say I hate the bloody thing. Most useless device ever made. There are plenty of other mobile phones made by proper companies, not some artsy fartsy bunch of snobs. I even hate the shape of it, how conventional and boring is it to create a phone shaped like a box?

my sentiments exactly, except the part about Steve Jobs being a pompous a** (which I have a complete rant for, but Im not going to post it here)

PS I am an ihater