• Meh, there's other phones that do more & cost less
    • I couldn't care less about the iPhone
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you plan on buying an iPhone?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes (once the price drops)
    • Yes (if it goes to other carriers)

Because my reason for not liking it is that it's a crappy phone. I've stated that many times.

Even by PDA phone standards it's larger...it's thinner, yes, but it is wider and taller than most (and most are already huge).

did you actually LOOK @ the data in posts 57 & 60?

the iPhone is within + or - .1 inch on pretty much every phone i listed, meaning... it's essentially the same size.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

did you actually LOOK @ the data in posts 57 & 60?

the iPhone is within + or - .1 inch on pretty much every phone i listed, meaning... it's essentially the same size.

I did look.

Many of those are huge as well.

My point was it's a crappy phone...I'm sorry you can't seem to understand that.

Because my reason for not liking it is that it's a crappy phone. I've stated that many times.

Even by PDA phone standards it's larger...it's thinner, yes, but it is wider and taller than most (and most are already huge).

Did you look at my pictures? It's thinner and the same size when it comes to the other dimensions

And who doesn't look at their phone when dialing? I know that I don't dial straight up numbers, I use my contact list, THAT'S what it's there for. And the vast majority of people do the same. So the whole "not being able to dial without looking" is total garbage.

Our problem with your "the phone is crappy" statement is that you're not providing a legit reason as to WHY. If you can't give us a good reason why it sucks, then it's just your opinion, and nobody really cares about your deluded, misinformed "opinion"

I did look.

Many of those are huge as well.

My point was it's a crappy phone...I'm sorry you can't seem to understand that.

ok, so you looked but didn't understand.

If you would've said "the iphone (and pda phones in general) are to large for my tastes" then I would've said nothing about it.

But the ignorant way you issued your opinions was poorly worded/expressed.

So it's a crappy phone because you need to look @ the screen to dial, thats you're argument then?

So it's a crappy phone because you need to look @ the screen to dial, thats you're argument then?

And because it's huge.

Not having tactile feedback on anything sucks.

It's an overpriced bastardization of a multimedia device and a phone.

You mean YOU think it's huge. I just put it side by side with its competition and clearly pointed out that it's NOT a big phone. Yes, it's bigger than "normal" phones, but those aren't the competition. Those phones don't have huge touchscreens and 4-8GB of memory.

Also, tactile feedback means nothing for people who look at the screen when using the phone, which constitutes a LARGE number of people.

So to conclude, it doesn't offer the features YOU want. That doesn't make it a "crappy phone," that makes it a device that you wouldn't buy. Just because something doesn't fit your needs doesn't automatically make it a bad product. It's a wonderful device, and yes it has its flaws, but it is definitely not a bad device. And 700,000 people agree with me.

Also, tactile feedback means nothing for people who look at the screen when using the phone, which constitutes a LARGE number of people.

Those people are content with stopping what they are doing to dial their phone.

I am not.

You mean YOU think it's huge. I just put it side by side with its competition and clearly pointed out that it's NOT a big phone. Yes, it's bigger than "normal" phones, but those aren't the competition. Those phones don't have huge touchscreens and 4-8GB of memory.

eek4.gif whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Why compare something to it's competition? It's so much easier to compare it to something that makes your argument look like a valid one

oh and i would say that large = the majority in this case

eek4.gif whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Why compare something to it's competition? It's so much easier to compare it to something that makes your argument look like a valid one

oh and i would say that large = the majority in this case

:rolleyes: I said it was a crappy phone, I made no other claims. Why can't you get that through your thick head?

I am not.

who's saying that those people don't look @ their phones to dial?

i guarantee you that 70% of iPhone buyers are upgrading from a PDA-type phone & thereby look @ their phone to dial

I am not.

I don't stop what I'm doing when dialing my iPhone. I can walk and talk and dial at the same time. I can use the phone when I'm driving. I don't have to completely drop everything and focus my attention 100% to use it.

But hey, maybe you're just annoyed with it because you can't multi-task like a regular person <_<

i guarantee you that 70% of iPhone buyers are upgrading from a PDA-type phone & thereby look @ their phone to dial

I don't accept facts pulled out of someone's . as proof in an argument, sorry.