• Meh, there's other phones that do more & cost less
    • I couldn't care less about the iPhone
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you plan on buying an iPhone?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes (once the price drops)
    • Yes (if it goes to other carriers)

I am pretty sure it has some like 20 or 40 hour battery... if not then i think belkin makes an external battery...so do a few others

if that is 20 hour continuous use, I might get one someday, but its still not that big of a deal to me.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The iphone is cool no doubt and looks great but who NEEDS it?

Are you serious? You're talking about people needing a luxury item? In case you didn't know, that's what this is, a luxury item. Nobody actually needs an iPhone, or any cell phone for that matter. If you're looking at the purchase of an iPhone on the basis of necessity, you're obviously not the consumer Apple is targeting.

What ever happened to JUST a phone. Seems you can't buy anything like a regular phone anymore. If I want an ipod or a camera I will have them I dont need 1 in my phone. The iphone is cool no doubt and looks great but who NEEDS it? No1 it is just a cool toy like most phones these days. I am sure it is great but for half the price maybe. :blink:

Also adding all this stuff in a phone is another way of getting people to buy it.

Like it started off with a cell phone being just a luxury then they added caller id, then voice mail then txt messaging then picture messaging then the internet and so on. The iphone is no surprise to me I saw this coming years ago. Just like in the future they will probably make a phone that can watch dvds and a phone can watch live tv and so on. They probably won't stop untill they come out with a phone that can do everything you would ever want it to do.

I have an Iphone and I think it's very useful, there's alot of features that really come in handy for example I got lost today and I used google maps to find my way home.

It's a very light and useful phone.

...and the fact that they aren't very easy to use as a phone.

ever use one?

I have, very easy to use.

its a great PHONE, its a pretty decent mp3 player too.

Oh and i browses the web nicely when on a wifi.

Now we've got crappy, buggy junk that takes pictures, makes phone calls, starts your car, clips your toe nails, and washes your dishes.

Were can I get one of these crappy, buggy, junky, dish washing, toe nail clipping, car starting devices? :P

Back on topic I have yet to own anything made by Apple in my life, I doubt I will start now...

Brick phones? have you actually held & used an iPhone? It's not any larger than other pda-type phones.

Held the iPhone at the Apple store today. I re-firm my statement of BRICK.

For a phone it was far too large for my likening. For a PDA it was fine. But if I wanted a PDA I would buy it separate to a phone so I don't have to lug it around all the time.

I wasn't impressed with it at all. The touch screen seemed very un-sensitive to use with fingers, and to have to use a stylus seems far too much effort for a phone.

It seemed slow too. When you clicked something it took far too long to load. The internet browser was abit pointless too. I loaded up OCC on it, and it loaded the full title page, which impressed me. But the screen was just too small to either read anything easily or to click things.

On the whole, I didnt like it.

However I can clearly see that there are people out there where the size of the phone, or using a stylus to operate it is a small price for the features it offers.

Just my $0.02

odd, i thought it was surprisingly small (for the device it is) and that the touchscreen was surprisingly sensitive & accurate.

and you remarked about the screen being to small... you obviously didn't learn (or see) from the commercial on how to zoom in on webpages / pictures by making a reverse pinching motion with your fingers :withstupid:

Held the iPhone at the Apple store today. I re-firm my statement of BRICK.

For a phone it was far too large for my likening. For a PDA it was fine. But if I wanted a PDA I would buy it separate to a phone so I don't have to lug it around all the time.

I wasn't impressed with it at all. The touch screen seemed very un-sensitive to use with fingers, and to have to use a stylus seems far too much effort for a phone.

It seemed slow too. When you clicked something it took far too long to load. The internet browser was abit pointless too. I loaded up OCC on it, and it loaded the full title page, which impressed me. But the screen was just too small to either read anything easily or to click things.

On the whole, I didnt like it.

However I can clearly see that there are people out there where the size of the phone, or using a stylus to operate it is a small price for the features it offers.

Just my $0.02

Man, I'm a little worried about your concept of what a brick is. This is the slimmest phone on the market and is no wider than the typical PDA, and about as long as a typical flip phone when open. I would love to see what you would consider a phone that's NOT a brick....

Also, there's no stylus on the iPhone. In fact, it doesn't work with a stylus.

odd, i thought it was surprisingly small (for the device it is) and that the touchscreen was surprisingly sensitive & accurate.

and you remarked about the screen being to small... you obviously didn't learn (or see) from the commercial on how to zoom in on webpages / pictures by making a reverse pinching motion with your fingers :withstupid:

:withstupid:

Looks like you don't like it because you were just too incompetent to figure out how to use the thing :P

Man, I'm a little worried about your concept of what a brick is. This is the slimmest phone on the market and is no wider than the typical PDA, and about as long as a typical flip phone when open. I would love to see what you would consider a phone that's NOT a brick....

Also, there's no stylus on the iPhone. In fact, it doesn't work with a stylus.

:withstupid:

Looks like you don't like it because you were just too incompetent to figure out how to use the thing :P

Too incompetent to use? Getting out the big guns to defend apple are we? The way you are defending it, it sounds like I just insulted your mother.

For me a phone is 3 things:

Small

VERY Simple to use

Practical

The iPhone is none of those.

It may be thin, ill give it that, but it is still wider and longer than any phone I have owned (W810i currently).

Its not simple to use. Not when compared to any other phone. Where you simply "Dial"

Its impractical. Why would I always want my web browser, PDA and phone on me?

When all I need outside the house is my phone?? and in the house I have a PC.

You need to work on how you defend the product. I have merely given my opinion of the device, and you throw comments like I am incompetent at me.

What I am getting at is, what if I handed the phone to my grandmother to make a simple call? She would have no problem doing that with my W810i, with the iPhone, id be surprised if she even recognised it as a phone.

It just seems like the iPhone is trying to be too much. My personal opinion. So cut the incompetence comments. A phone should require less than a pulse to operate, not the viewing of hours of adverts or chapters of manuals.