Now this is driving

sdy284

I'm not sure who's crazier, the drivers or the SPECTATORS!! No way you'd catch me standing on the side of the street like I'm watching a parade go by. Those guys are nuts, all of them.

That being said, COOL video.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive, but I place A1/F1 racers at the top of the list of skilled drivers.

I take your rally and raise you one F1 *click* :D

i totally disagree. rally courses are subject to an unlimited number of changing factors, where F1/A1 is less unpredictable. sure F1 is intense, but rallying is still considered by pretty much all motorsport drivers as the toughest, along with Paris-Dakar etc.

you ought to watch a seriously tough rally...like in sweden...THAT's harsh!

yes it IS!

now can we please get some 3/4 ton trucks doing that?

Paris-Dakar rally?

And those dudes are amazing drivers, i think nascar is just luck, it really isn't skill and i can't say i think much of the sport, F1 is far better to watch.

Paris-Dakar and the Baja are similar styles of racing. though the Baja is much shorter and not as varried in what you have to drive thru.

and it also depends on what class of vehicle you're racing in... those can be by far the most grueling races

yeah...rallying is definitely some of the most impressive racing you can watch...but the crashes are pretty terrible too. that's what kindof scares me. going that fast with trees all around? just asking for trouble. plus spectating it is also crazy. standing on the side of a 12 foot wide road made of DIRT mind you while cars fly by at 80+mph with hairpin turns/etc...all it takes is one little mistake and the car goes flying off the track.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/rally+...379eb1e9ea2.htm

^ that video makes me cringe

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/rally+...8a1010983e8.htm

^that one even more

but i still adore the sport =D

I'm sure you've all heard the one about Nascar using GPS:

*drive 1/4 mile*

*turn left*

*drive 1/4 mile*

*turn left*

*drive 1/4 mile*

*turn left*

*drive 1/4 mile*

*turn left*

...etc

:P

Seriously though, that first rally video is awesome. The handbrake 180 slide at the end is amazing. I love that stuff. The F1 stuff is definitely cool too, but rally still has so much more unpredictability, like Silverfox said.