Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Gremlin

Just played it best since hot persuit.. Ive been waiting for this to all come together. The customasation in Underground and bringing in the elements of law enforcement from hot persuit. I was hoping they would do something like this and my wish came true. Ever since I saw the trailer from e3 I had a feeling that it was going to be a good game. There is stuff they could improve on, more custom mods or the ability to change actull engine compontes, more cars (they did add alot of great cars in this one, they didnt stick with the ricer theme, there are some great sport cars to from the c6 to a lotus elise.)

From what ive seen I would give it a 8 on my 1 - 10 scale. (1 worst 10 best game in the world.)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME GAME! I just played the demo this morning and woot! lol. I HATED the underground series because it was loaded with crappy ricer wanna be FATF knock off POS cars. BUT, NFS is back and this one looks like it could be one of the best games ever. :D

The game's cool if it didnt CRASH :(

The game plays fine (fps wise) while im playing but like after some time the game just freezes and reboots my computer, i have tried alot of things, but it just wont go away.

Ive tried reinstalling different graphicscard drivers (with driver cleaner and stuff), resetting bios, reinstalling the game, giving all sorts of devices in my computer extra cooling wondering if its overheating, but nothing.

I also tried turning fast write off / on but no avail.

If anyone has this problem or knows how to fix it, pls enlighten me ;)

thanks

(system specs in sig)

Great game, real NFS is finally back after a horrible de-tour into the "Underground" world of tuning and stupid ricer rubbish. Even though the driving isn't exactly realistic, I still find this game quite enjoyable. Good selection of availible cars too, especially that Aston Martin DB9, I love that thing.

I've been following the NFS Series since I picked up the original Hot Pursuit about 6 years ago. I've been an avid follower of NFS games since then. Underground 1 was when I really started to like the games, and with the release of this game... I'm in love.

Only thing is I can't seem to get away from the cops when I get to heat level 5! AHH! I've taken a break because it's been . me off! I also can't get past one of the challenges too, so the games at a standstill for me, lol.

Has anyone tried the demo yet? Well I have download from different websites and each time I run the setup it says directx 9.0c has not been installed. Any ideas? I have also reinstalled directx btw.

577823[/snapback]

there's a difference between DX9.0c being installed software wise and your video card being able to run DX9.0c, if it's a x800/x850 card it only does DX9.0b, just FYI, no matter what version of DirectX you have installed, maybe it was picking up on that...?? it's a hardware limitation, if it's a Series 6 or higher NV card you are fine

gonna have to go try this out myself, thanks ;)

Edited by habitual geek

i have the full game...

its ok, i prefer smiluators though. Level 5 heat isnt to bad, I use the highway to size their numbers down then go through the city, and never stop or hit a wall or your screwed.

Edited by evanin

Guest Flashstar

I used to play NFS 2 on my friend's 300mhz Celery, then NFS 3 Hot pursuit on my own comp. Later I played some underground titles and the graphics were good and all, but they had lost all of their unique-ness.

I'm quite enjoying it so far.

I liked the undreground series and I think this is probably an improvement (will decide when I've finished it).

Plus, its got Josie Maran in it... so even if it was a flaming pile I'd still have a reason to like it.

edit - I am having this funny problem with the shadows in it though. They look all blocky when everything else looks fine.

Edited by jammin