"it's Over Oil"

bigred

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the "blood for oil" argument even exists because the people that use it cannot find any other concrete, logical explanations (logical/ concrete as percieved by them- just for you guys who would say "BUT THATS STUPOOD AND MAKES NO CENTS!11five) as to why we are there.

If you asked someone who really knew their stuff- not just a "liberal soccer mom" or some random teen on the street, you might find that those who use this argument do so because they've already went over how the other reasons dont make much sense- so in your mind, it may be "we liberated them from an evil dictator" but I'm sure the knowledgeable people would explain how that doesn't make sense.

Most people who have an opinion should, at least in my mind, be able to justify and explain that opinion very well with coherent fact and clear means of a type of communication. However, as we all know, there are many "sheep-ish" people that usually follow the path of the dogs who herd them- but that's not to say they dont have reasons. They may have faith in the leader's opinion, and they may trust this person very much- though, like I said in another thread, all people should be skeptical of everything and everyone in some cases (such as non-immediate life threatening things like opinions over religion and politics.)

I may or may not agree with any of the opinions that I have discussed so please don't attack me for pointing some things out ;).

As many of you probably already know, I'm not a big fan of the current US administration, but we all have our opinions.

Edited by Instag0

thank you instag0! Nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but if the only thing you have to back it up is what you feel in your gut, it is not plausible, at least not in my narrow conservative mind. If you say you dislike someone because he is "stupid, dumb, a nazi, an oppressor, *you fill in the rest*", then that is not a valid argument if this were a real debate. Is it a FACT that george W Bush is stupid? Well, no, it is not a fact. he talks slow, OK, news flash yanks, he's from west Texas, it's his drawl. I too am from west Texas, I don't necessarily talk slow like I used to because my accent has somwhat been invaded by these NC rednecks, but hey it's not about me. My point is that just because someone talks slow doesn't mean they are dumb. If Bush was "stupid", believe you me, he would NOT be president of the most powerful nation on earth right now, I promise. He is a very smart man. Some people make up the argument, "well, he only made AVERAGE grades at Yale! How doth thou respondeth to that you closed-minded conservative imperialistic pigdog!!!111!11!1!" Well, though he may have made 'average' grades at Yale, he was also a wild youngster. He was a prty guy, unfortunately partying more than studying in some cases. Though anyone who went to college knows that you don't simply get 'average' grade for doing nothing.

Some liberals, to combat that statement will say "Well he got thise higher grades because his daddy payed for them!!111!!". OK, keep in mind that at this time, his daddy was not very well known in the public eye. Kids of rich parents get booted out of school all the time, Bush is no exception. As hard as it may be to accept, Bush is not stupid :(. I can almost guarantee you that if we were to sit him down next to one of these people calling him those names, and give each of them a test of a variety of different subjects ranging from history, to english :lol:, to math, he would beat 90% of those who call him those names. Plus, how can anyone judge him based on what they see on camera? None of these people know him. They see him studder and mispronounce a word on camera and say "Aw, he must be stupid, for he has misspoken on camera!" Ya'll get my point.

Yea I never understood the whole "Bush is so stupid" comments that people make. I am sorry but you don't become President of the United States of America by being STUPID.

Sometimes I do.  If they are doing whatever, it's not a problem, but if they try to hit, touch, or do anything to me that's when I get the fists ready.

537320[/snapback]

exactly my logic about the gays.

an addition to the statement about yale... please raise your hand if you were smart enough to get accepted to yale?

I see no hands raised.

what about ANY ivy league school?

anyone?

see my point?

Well, I care about others opinions, so there should be at least one other person out there that cares about mine. Even if there isn't one, I'm still getting my opinion out there just in case.

537859[/snapback]

I care about your opinion :D ... just tell me what fact it is based off of and I'll give you an e-kiss.