"it's Over Oil"

bigred

Folks.... lets keep this thread on topic and at least at an 'educated' level please.....

Remember the rules, These are #1 and #2 for a reason:

1. Please keep your contributions relevant. The OverclockersClub forums are for people who have an interest in PC Hardware, Software, Gaming, and other technology. As so computer related topics will get the best response. - Please note, this does not limit the site to only Computer related topics, however non-computer related topics might be moderated more heavily than computer related topics.

2. Members are expected to conduct themselves in a civilized manner. That means showing courtesy and respect to ALL other members, moderators, administrators, staff, and guest. No cussing and absolutely no personal attacks, bashes, flames, or bigotry comments. Racial, sexist or religious remarks of any kind are absolutely forbidden; Comments against other groups based on sexual orientation, age, class, IQ, ethnicity, political preference, nationality or similar features are also strictly forbidden. - Not only is it a rule here, it should be a way of life.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's put it like this An opinion is like an butthole, everybody has one. And mostly, nobody else cares about yours, but yourself!

537837[/snapback]

actually i like womens buttholes alot

(good looking and fine women)

their buttholes are very important to me

Wanksta I do agree with you on one thing and that is to F the media. Anyone that basis their opinion or thoughts off of a news article is too stupid to draw their own conclusions. IMO the media should take partial blame in the decay of society today.

@ contra33, hahahhahahahahaha I needed a good laugh this morning. :lol:

HAND RAISED, and i dont see ur point, I graduated from a Math and Science Academy High School (public magnet school very competitive among top 3 HS in US) and currently in Medical school, yes to become a MD

Just because we overclock, deosn't mean that we are not smart enough to go to an Ivy league school, and just because u go to an ivy league school doesn't mean u are the smartest person in the world

I'm glad gas price are raised, i really hope a chaos breaks out soon or something, make my life more intersting

Frankly i don't associate myself with either side, because i don't give a flying $H!T, this is just an excuse to make lame coversation and try to sud intelligent, as people rumble on about mostly crap facts they heard form the news or some non credible source (EX: the Government)

i love when these topics arise, because i read them and Laugh harder and harder, buch of nerds talking about politics, humm u guessed it im a liberal.... or am I?

we should all just settle this by eating dogs and cats and start making great electronics instead of creating the worlds most inferior cars

Seriously though, Learn to think for ur selves, F the media, you will never actually see the "entire" perspective becuase it is all presented skewed, when u talk with assertion only talk form either expirence or research from all sides

In addition,

I need a good laugh in class tommrow so  :typing:

538345[/snapback]

no no no no. it's not directed at you, or even any other member of this site. it's more towards the media. they can bash a person for getting so-so grades at an ivy league school... but they couldn't even get in there.

in otherwords I agree with you 100%. the media happens to be the stupid ones here.

no no no no.  it's not directed at you, or even any other member of this site.  it's more towards the media.  they can bash a person for getting so-so grades at an ivy league school...  but they couldn't even get in there.

in otherwords I agree with you 100%.  the media happens to be the stupid ones here.

538417[/snapback]

:withstupid: Screw the media. They don't know what they're talking about. I turned to MSNBC last night just for fun.. I was on there for 5 minutes and I had to change the channel because of all the misinformation they were spreading.

I was watching whatever show comes on there at 12AM EST, and one of them said "Condoleeza Rice is just now visiting the hurricane disaster zone after her long vacation. She finally visits the hurricane disaster zone four days after the fact, and not before seeing a Boadway comedy last night" ,... This was said in the midst of all the videos of people lying dead on the streets and people crying because everything they owned was gone... I ask you this, MSNBC...what does the fact that she saw a broadway comedy have ANYTHING REMOTELY to do with disaster relief efforts? I am sure MSNBC would respond by saying, "Well, this just goes to show that the Bush administration is too busy being on vacation instead of actually running the country (Now Ted Kennedy can I have my payoff?)." If MSNBC responds in thie manner, which I'm sure they would since this is the typical liberal response, I would then say, "Well Condoleeza Rice is the Secretary of State... the Secretary of State has NOTHING to do with internal affairs, especially disaster relief. In other words, it isn't her job to go help with the relief efforts, but she is cutting short her vacation to do it anyways... Why do 'you people' always take everything positive and convert it to something so negative?"

I watched MSNBC for just a few minutes last night, but I tell yall this, I don't know how people use that for their primary source for information.... no wonder so many Americans are so pessimistic about everything. If i was forced to watch that channel every day...I would probably get so depressed I would kill myself.

When someone says the war is about oil, they dont mean cheaper oil. Bush and many mebers of his cabinet are large shareholders and or investors in the oil/energy comnglomerate. By the prices going higher and higher they are in turn getting richer and richer. By taking Iraq over and taking control of thier oil reserves, GW and his cronies are in control of the pricing of a major amount of oil that is sent to the United States.

So when someone says the war is about oil, thats what they mean, they just may not know it.

537963[/snapback]

I agree with this completely. Believe it or not, this is plausible. You can't tell me Bush and his buddies don't want to make money. ANYTHING that they would profit from is plausible. I'm not saying it's true or untrue, because NONE of us know, but I am saying that the logic makes sense, even if you don't like it. Just like the conservative logic for the war makes sense, even though I don't personally believe it.

:lol:  Yes I am saying it is very untrue.  Michael Moore is not only a narcissistic, pathological liar, he is also a conspirator!

537985[/snapback]

You all know I'm on the exact opposite side of the scale from Lo, but I agree with him here. I like where he (MM) was trying to go with the movie, but he went about it all wrong. If you watch FahrenHYPE 9/11, they show all of the stuff from the original IN CONTEXT, and it unfolds a lot differently. Michael Moore does what politicals on BOTH sides do, he spins the facts. He twists things around to try to prove his point, and ends up exaggerating and mis-representing the actual story. He's not TRYING to lie to you, and technically he's not (he didn't CG any footage, I'd bet), but the way he mis-represents most of the stuff is just as bad as lying, if you ask me.

you cant say it has noting to do with oil.. of course we have interests in acquiring the oil in Iraq, but obviously that is not the only or the main reason for going to war..

537990[/snapback]

I agree. There's more to it than I think any of us will ever know. I liked the point about asking a soccer mom or some douche bag on the side of the road.... of course those people spew opinions that are based on nothing, but you could find some ignorant hillbilly to do the same for the right. Stupid people are stupid people, regardless of political affiliation. Contrary to popular belief, there ARE very informed liberals that I'm sure could make a VERY strong case for their beliefs, unlike these morons that rant on public news as they wave to their friends.

Halliburton's stock has exponentially gone up because they have gotten thousands of contracts to help rebuild Iraq's infrastructure.  And it is not because Dick Cheney is on the board and wants money, it is because they offered the best estimate to get the job done in the least amount of time, the fastest, thus they get the contract.

537995[/snapback]

That may be true, but you don't know that. Would this be the first ever case of government/business back-scratching? I think not. Again, no one knows because it's not like they'd tell anyone if it was true. You'd never know. It is true or false? Hell, I don't know. Is it possible? Well, I can't see how you could argue with the -possibility- of business men wanting to make more money.... I'm not arguing what the truth is, I'm arguing the claim that it's unbelievable or simply impossible.

[offtopic]

2. Actually, some people are born gay. Because you're craping ignorant like everyone else in this world, your IQ is obviously too low to believe this.

[offtopicrant]

538262[/snapback]

I don't believe that. Again, no one knows. You can't say someone's ignorant for not believing something that you can't prove. I think red was the one that said it has to do with removing the blame from themselves. Whoever said it, I agree. But as with the rest of this post, I'm not saying it's true or false, I'm just saying that either claim is plausible and both are unprovable (that I know), so calling someone names for not agreeing with you is unjust.

i was watching fox news last night about katrina and it was just the facts, nothing like you said, but then my dad came in and was like, "Switch to the REAL news" and he changed the channel to CNN.

538444[/snapback]

lol CNN, that is the news that REALLY lets your dad think what he wants to think, huh? :D On the other hand, REAL news is hard to come by these days. The only way the average Joe is really able to learn about world events is through the news: CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, etc etc, but you aren't going to get a straight-down-the-middle report from any of those stations. Granted, FoxNews is my favorite for a few reasons, one of them being that FoxNews seems to be one of the few news stations actually trying to look at the world in a POSITIVE LIGHT. Last night I tested it out, while CNN and MSNBC were talking about what was going WRONG, and how many are DEAD, and why the federal government and George Bush had DROPPED THE BALL, FoxNews was giving information on how many people are being saved, how many organizations, charities, and states have opened up their hearts and buildings to help these people displaced by the storm. FoxNews was reporting on how many GOOD things were happening, because in a time like this...we need good news, and believe it or not guys, though George Bush is the president, not EVERYTHING is bad :D Now libs put up your razors and go out and enjoy life a little, huh? :lol:

I think red was the one that said it has to do with removing the blame from themselves. 

538455[/snapback]

But why would anybody want to make an excuse to "remove the blame" from themselves when they beleive what they are doing isn't wrong? It makes no sense to say that "people born homosexual" is an excuse to place the blame somewhere else.

lol CNN, that is the news that REALLY lets your dad think what he wants to think, huh? :D  On the other hand, REAL news is hard to come by these days.  The only way the average Joe is really able to learn about world events is through the news: CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, etc etc, but you aren't going to get a straight-down-the-middle report from any of those stations.  Granted, FoxNews is my favorite for a few reasons, one of them being that FoxNews seems to be one of the few news stations actually trying to look at the world in a POSITIVE LIGHT.  Last night I tested it out, while CNN and MSNBC were talking about what was going WRONG, and how many are DEAD, and why the federal government and George Bush had DROPPED THE BALL, FoxNews was giving information on how many people are being saved, how many organizations, charities, and states have opened up their hearts and buildings to help these people displaced by the storm.  FoxNews was reporting on how many GOOD things were happening, because in a time like this...we need good news, and believe it or not guys, though George Bush is the president, not EVERYTHING is bad  :D  Now libs put up your razors and go out and enjoy life a little, huh? :lol:

538458[/snapback]

Sadly enough, I find that watching all of the news networks and piecing together stories from all of their points of view gives a real bit of information. Like politician's, news organizations areo n the air for money and ratings, so naturally they are gonna say whatever they need to to get you to watch.

Oddly enough, I get most of the news I care about from the front page of OCC :P

But why would anybody want to make an excuse to "remove the blame" from themselves when they beleive what they are doing isn't wrong? It makes no sense to say that "people born homosexual" is an excuse to place the blame somewhere else.

538460[/snapback]

I think its more a matter of shifting guilt from themselves and making excuses, not so much blame. They know how they are is different, and for many (more than would admit to it) they feel guilt or are embarresed because they are different. And by making a statement like "some people are born gay" it gives them a venue to shift their guilt to an unknown mystical source that is un-debatable. So instead of providing a fact about their biology and why it happens, they just make a blanket statement like 'sh * t happens'. No-one can say sh * t doesnt happen, but no-one can prove why sh *t happens either.

Know what I'm sayin'? Its a scapegoat for their unusual behavior.