"it's Over Oil"

bigred

his hunger outweighs his passion? Honestly, Im not nearly educated enough to argue any points whatsoever, but I do think some peeps are making money on this here war and that none of them are me.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, I'm making a little $$$ from this war.  I bought stock in boeing, raytheon, and general dynamics.

but I've had those for YEARS now.

538007[/snapback]

/GASP!!!1 You are in on it too bigred!! You dirty rotten conservative!!111!!11!!1 How dare you join George W Bush, hand-in-hand, while our boys die and he exploits a nation in need just for PROFITS!!!1!!! dang DIRTY APES!1!!!

lol at SoCalMixedGuy

I have to agree completely with Lo here. And I must ask if you have taken any course even remotely related to Economics because if you had, you would have realized exactly what Lo has said. That with increased demand comes more money. Thats it. With more drivers in America and more cars each year, oil company stocks will go up. Basic economics.

/GASP!!!1 You are in on it too bigred!! You dirty rotten conservative!!111!!11!!1  How dare you join George W Bush, hand-in-hand, while our boys die and he exploits a nation in need just for PROFITS!!!1!!! dang DIRTY APES!1!!!

538010[/snapback]

I've had the stock since 1999. of course boeing took a huge dump until recently.

I've had the stock since 1999.  of course boeing took a huge dump until recently.

538025[/snapback]

NO!!1!1 YOu KNEW. You were in on it with Dubya! You knew the stocks would go up after Bush launched missiles into our buildings on 9/11 so you kept your stocks in to benefit from the profits later!!! you scoundrel!!!11!!! May the tree God have mercy on your soul!!!!!11

Edited by LoArmistead

:lol:  Yes I am saying it is very untrue.  Michael Moore is not only a narcissistic, pathological liar, he is also a conspirator!  Who da thunk it?  Lo da thunk it.  That entire movie, every "fact" and opinion expressed in it, has been debunked so many times over...I'm surprised it hasn't had it's Cannes award taken away...oh wait no I'm not, they're all liberals too.

Very nice, verbatim from our friends at www.hiddenmysteries.org, a site of liberal conspirators out to do anything to make a conservative look bad.  Michael Moore probably visited this same site when he was making up facts to put in his "documentary".  What that page is, is a bunch of half-truths that a bunch of ignorant liberals have snapped together, added in a fact here and there, and posted on a website so gullible people can go on there and hate the Bush administration over something...and there will ALWAYS be 'something' to hate him for.

537985[/snapback]

Just for the record Lo I agree with your criticism of his post, though I wouldn't go so far as to say all liberals are ignorant. Being an independent I do have some liberal views, though I am certainly able to read, write and communicate ideas. Now, incompetent could be a good word for the situation here. Those who take articles out of context and apply them to slander someone else are simply lacking the understanding of the situation, and their lack of knowledge and understand of context makes them look really funny to me :P

Moral of the story: be sure to read before and after your intended passage, and even do research on the topic from other credible sources to provide some backing for your opinion. This concludes Notmakingyourselflooklikeanass101.

Chevron's stock goes up from increased oil demand. World reliant on a single natural resource + increasing population + increasing production = increase demand = Increased profits for those companies.

Just to make this point a little more clear to everbody- China's automobile production/ useage is increasing dramatically. I don't have any of the statistics on me right now nor do I wish to google them so just trust me on this one ;).

Then again, I'd probably have to spend a couple months doing some hardcore economical & political study & research to really be able to tell you why everything in the economy is acting like it is. My opinion on the Chevron/ Haliburton stock increases is more of a "I don't know" than a "OMG HAX!!!1."

Just for the record Lo I agree with your criticism of his post, though I wouldn't go so far as to say all liberals are ignorant  ...

538034[/snapback]

I did not mean that to be that 'all' liberals are ignorant. I meant that the site in question was put together by ignorant liberals. What I meant that to mean was that the people who made that site are unaware of the truth behind the matter. Either that or they are aware of it but choose not to believe it, in which case they are just...(can't think of a politically correct term to wrap this up with).

As far as ignornace, whether you are liberal of conservative you are going to be ignorant of some things. Most extreme leftists are ignorant in the principles of common sense (i.e. what, historically, will and will not work), whereas many extreme conservatives may be ignorant when it comes to "feelings."

I agree with a few others that M. Moore is a fat a55 liar... however, his lies have actually helped the Bushes, not discount him. There are many charges against him and the neocons, but I will not go into that now as I am very tired; but the Moore film has succeeded in getting the public into thinking that everything about Bush has been exposed, and that the worst about him is over. In fact, the film has helped to hide the worst that he has done by sugar coating the facts by supposedly revealing the so-called "evidence," in which much was ripped from other sources and twisted into his "reality." I hold Moore himself in suspicion, as he was once caught on camera saying that "questioning the government is 'anti-American'... don't get me started.

Just a minor point I wanted to throw in.

Edit: I used to be a big Bush supporter... not anymore. But don't think that my loss of support makes me a liberal or left wing... I am not a Republican anymore, yet I am definitely not a Democrat. Mostly an Independant now, with Libertarian leanings.

Edit: I used to be a big Bush supporter... not anymore.  But don't think that my loss of support makes me a liberal or left wing... I am not a Republican anymore, yet I am definitely not a Democrat.  Mostly an Independant now, with Libertarian leanings.

538259[/snapback]

I used to be an anti-bush person because of my surroundings. Then I went to an INCREDIBLY liberal camp and everybody was looking at "DUde, where's my country?" as the bible and it was sickening. I became anti-anti-bush, but not pro-bush. I am now independent (But too young for affiliation) because I feel that you cannot be pro- or anti- one person and now I look at things one by one instead of generalizations. I do not say that "bush is good" or "bush is bad", I say Bush has made various decisions, some good and some bad. There has been no all-good or all-bad leader in the world's history (except maybe some corrupt monarchs, like Tzar Nicholas Romanov, but even he had - maybe -some redeeming qualities). Problem is, my dad is SO liberal. He looks at moore as God and makes fun of bush like Moore, yet will not provide justification. He is also a mac fanboy.

Anyway, i just felt like posting my political background.

[/off topic rant on irrelevent topic]

an addition to the statement about yale...  please raise your hand if you were smart enough to get accepted to yale?

I see no hands raised. 

what about ANY ivy league school?

anyone?

see my point?

537818[/snapback]

HAND RAISED, and i dont see ur point, I graduated from a Math and Science Academy High School (public magnet school very competitive among top 3 HS in US) and currently in Medical school, yes to become a MD

Just because we overclock, deosn't mean that we are not smart enough to go to an Ivy league school, and just because u go to an ivy league school doesn't mean u are the smartest person in the world

I'm glad gas price are raised, i really hope a chaos breaks out soon or something, make my life more intersting

Frankly i don't associate myself with either side, because i don't give a flying $H!T, this is just an excuse to make lame coversation and try to sud intelligent, as people rumble on about mostly crap facts they heard form the news or some non credible source (EX: the Government)

i love when these topics arise, because i read them and Laugh harder and harder, buch of nerds talking about politics, humm u guessed it im a liberal.... or am I?

we should all just settle this by eating dogs and cats and start making great electronics instead of creating the worlds most inferior cars

Seriously though, Learn to think for ur selves, F the media, you will never actually see the "entire" perspective becuase it is all presented skewed, when u talk with assertion only talk form either expirence or research from all sides

In addition,

I need a good laugh in class tommrow so :typing: