"it's Over Oil"

bigred

COME ON PEOPLE!  If it were about the oil, A) why is bigred paying over $3 a gallon??  and B) why haven't we starting shipping that oil to the US to use for our own imperialistic greed? ... Because we aren't, in fact, that oil is being drilled to provide revenue for the new iraqi government.  The US is actually BUYING that oil from them, even though it could technically be ours if we wanted it.  C) if the war were about oil, it would've been cheaper (in both money and life) to simply buy the oil from Iraq instead of amassing an army and losing mens' lives to take it over like we did. 

537279[/snapback]

Very well said!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are all oil-resources in iraq being exploited by us companies? BTW just calculated gallons to liter conversions and dollar to euro exchange rates: In Belgium, we pay 6.384 us dollars/Gallon (prices do vary from one European country to another)

i have an idea.  Let us make a 100 foot tall very sharp Kebab stick and impale:

michael moore (takes up half the stick)

homosexual-haters

racists

Dan Brown

the worst liberal and conservative you can find

the head of the PETA

the head of the KKK

edit: and LO, I can use simple "those people" logic to debate your points:

A) because you're stupid

B)Because Bush is stupid and looks like a monkey and has an accent DUH

C)No, Bush likes to kill people and shoots people for fun

537282[/snapback]

You forgot to add lawyers. Most people don't hate Homo's, its just that gay . is grose.

why are all oil-resources in iraq being exploited by us companies? BTW just calculated gallons to liter conversions and dollar to euro exchange rates: In Belgium, we pay 6.384 us dollars/Gallon (prices do vary from one European country to another)

537368[/snapback]

"Exploited." Sounds like a CNN term. The US companies moved in to rebuild the oil infrastructure of the country after we ousted Saddam. The reason American companies were needed to to rebuild the infrastructure was for a couple of reasons. A) the oil fields before the war were run by the Iraqi government, which was now gone, and B) The US was the only other major oil producing country in the coalition with the resources to get the infrastructure rebuilt. We didn't send our companies in for a bad thing, it was for a good thing. Now the oil companies hire thousands of Iraqis to work at the pipelines to both earn revenue for the people of Iraq, and for the Iraqi government.

As for the gas prices in Europe, thank God they don't all drive Broncos and full size trucks over there. At that rate, it would cost me $150 to fill up my vehicle.

Also, before the war, we imported less than we produced ( I dont remembut the exact percent) and of that >50%, only 13% came from Iraq thats less than 7% total oil we consumed. The blood for oil arguement must have failed math class.

And on the histaria point, here in Michigan, about a month ago, a gas station that wasnt even open yet was testing its marque, and had regular at like $3.20 (or something). The hype spread so fast, that trafic was backed up for miles, trying to get gas at $2.50. And the gas starions' owner was on the news saying they were testing ther marque, and gas wasnt going to go up, and all the gas staions were saying it wasnt going to go up, and everyone filled up at $2.50, and the next day it dropped to $2.30.

I'd settle for $150 to fill the tank on my 78 or one of the 90's.  both trucks have 55 gallon tanks!  @ $3.20 a gallon for the good stuff...  $150 would be a good price.

537589[/snapback]

You are definitely not a "People Person" :lol:

I would understand when you have to deal with people 24/7, it would get under your skin.

Yes, I don't like homosexuality!

537405[/snapback]

I'll take after your ability to categorize over a billion people into one stereotype and say this:

All Christians are hypocritical idiots who sin more then a majority of Athiests do.

But, that's not true. If you're going to immediately dislike someone because of the way they were born, how about you hate Africans and Asians instead? It'd make more sense.

[/offtopicrant]

I'll take after your ability to categorize over a billion people into one stereotype and say this:

All Christians are hypocritical idiots who sin more then a majority of Athiests do.

But, that's not true. If you're going to immediately dislike someone because of the way they were born, how about you hate Africans and Asians instead? It'd make more sense.

[/offtopicrant]

537624[/snapback]

Its just some people arent comfertable with something that goes agaist what they believe in. You just did the same thing yourself by calling all cristians hypocritical idiots. Its not that I hate gays, but I just believe that somethings are just wrong, it goes agaist what I was taught. But thats not gonna make me go around saying I hate gays.

[/offtopicrant]

537624[/snapback]

In that case you don't know any true christians.

I am NOT a christian. I was raised by a christian family, but I do not claim any religion. so that has nothing to with me disliking homosexuality. I also did not say I hated gays. I said I hate homosexuality which is what gays do not who they are. Again I do not believe someone can be born gay that is just retarded. That is like saying Eminim is actually black he was just born in a white man's body.

This is off topic so to keep from hijacking this thread and if you want to continue this disscusion then please feel free to PM me. :)