Everybody Thinks Buick Is For Old People Huh.....

jkdmaster

I wonder how many of the people bashing Buick here have ever actually driven one... Very well rounded cars, in both performance(power AND handling) and comfort. My parents have owned a couple of them and I liked driving them. And I'm hardly an old person.

And bigred, I suspect that nearly everything is just a speed bump to you. :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there different types of abuse, I run quarters, you run up sides of mountains. Dont get me started on the ford racing blocks though.....there just crap.

go to www.turbobuick.com you will see "abuse".

Edited by jkdmaster

there's 2 types of driving, and yes the two are different.

and yes I have driven many different buicks (one of the perks of living in the detroit area... you get to see some of this stuff early). no different than a pontiac or caddilac or anything other car... I just don't like cars and hate GM products... so buick is pretty much screwed then :)

but then again I'd rather drive a buick than one of those god awful full sized GM trucks... the sierra, the yukon, the tahoe, suburban, H2, escalade, avalanche, and what ever else GM puts ont hat awful platform. all the new ones rattle, break and are a down right nightmare to try to fix / upgrade. of course I don't have anythign nice to say about the latest expidition / navigator... and how it's caused me to actually buy a dodge for daily driving (a first... ALL of my previous vehicles have been fords, and all ford trucks but one).

racing block wise... I've got a ford racing 460 in my 78. NICE engine. but I still prefer the bigger 473 that was only for the big super duties.

If you have never driven a Turbo Regal your missing out....EVERY person that I have let drive my car either is going to buy one or wants to buy one in the future. But yeah, alot of stuff coming out of detroit now adays is junk but I still think that if GM pulls it together they can pull it off and keep all of their existing car companies. but Buick will always be my favorite car company, Its the luxury, heritage and going fast with class that will always keep me with them.

Edited by jkdmaster

I love the mid-late 80's buicks(and most other american cars styled like them for that matter). The 87 grand national was faster then the corvettes, turbo charged, cost less, and looked much more "tough". Monte Carlos are also beasts...I would take a nice american RWD sportscar over an import any day of the week - you cant replace horsepower! ;)

Hmm, it's funny...every drag racing event I ever entered.....all the GM cars had Ford 9" rear ends in them. A TRUCK rear end. I had 1990 Mustang GT with a 351 Windsor Stroked to a 408 with a Paxton Novi 2000 Supercharger and 250shot of NOS...and I will say this..the only GM model car that EVER gave me a run for my money....was a Buick Grand National with major Turbo work and a huge NOS wet system...he jumped me hard off the line....but I ran him down...and well....he lost :)

Got any pics of the car? Id be interested in seeing it. I bet I could take it as soon as I am done(alcohol injection). A national doesnt need NOS, it just needs a big turbo and Alky. what were your times(1/8, 1/4, 60ft.) that engine sounds like ca$h, ive put $1,500 into my car and I am going to be in low 11s possibly high 10s. no NOS, just boost. Nonothing.....thats why your name is nonothing because you would take a neon, I wouldnt take a neon if someone paid me.

Edited by jkdmaster