Everybody Thinks Buick Is For Old People Huh.....

jkdmaster

Hmm, 30 year old cars can't be driven daily stock? My best friend has a 1976 Ford LTD (his only car) that he drives nearly 50 miles every day of the week. And the only things that are not orignal on the car is a voltage regulator, the belts, tires, and of course filters. 29 years of driving. Not bad eh? The 400 burns a little oil, but otherwise it's still good.

GM can't keep a sports car in the lineup because they weren't happy with having a car that didn't break sales records every single year that they wanted it too.

And fireonice, I've seen lots of newer American cars that are still in GREAT condition with no major problems. And I worked for a mechanic clear through high school.

Wow this thread has gotten off topic. lol

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess none of you know about the 1985/6 Buick Regal Grand National GNX, the fastest production car at the time. It was built on the frame the the Monte Carlo used at the time. One sweet looking car.

475982[/snapback]

my dad had one of those... my mom made him sell it because the insurance was too high.

I guess none of you know about the 1985/6 Buick Regal Grand National GNX, the fastest production car at the time. It was built on the frame the the Monte Carlo used at the time. One sweet looking car.

475982[/snapback]

It was made in 87 only and it was built on the Regal frame which technically was the Monte carlo and firebird frame. they are badass.

No dude, you still see classic cars around because people either put them up and only drive them on the weekends as they want to "preserve it" or they have completely remodeled the car inside and out to make it a showcar. You won't find a daily driven car on the road that has been driven around daily for 30 years. Would love to see that. Your Buick is in perfect shape because you have taken care of it. My Mustang had its share of problems....synchronizers went out in 1st and 3rd gear in the stock transmission.....what would you expect...I was a kid when I got it..and beat it to death at the dragstrip.......clutch went out....the crank in the stock 302 motor snapped from spraying it with NOS too often... however I invested a little hard earned cash and transformed it into a street/strip car..then all out drag car.....and the only thing still stock (FORD) in it....was the frame/axles/body/windows. If I had taken care of it beforehand..it would have been fine for daily driving..but who wants to keep a sports car stock? As for Grand Nationals...they are very impressive cars...for their time. The turbos were nice. They run on average...um 8.20's -8.50's stock at the track in the 1/8. Not bad.......sure as hell blows away any stock mustang during that era. It's not about Ford and Chevy here...it's about who puts the most money into there car. I know I wasted my share of it...only to get nothing out of it when i sold it. If you want to rant about mustangs sucking...why do they still make mustangs...and chevrolet/gmc/pontiac can't even keep a sports car in their lineup other than the corvette? Camaro, Trans-Am, Grand National, Firebird...what happened to these cars? Cough.

You have no clue what your talkig about, its more like 2-3 car lengths, 4 at the most. Do me a favor, next time you tell me I nkow nothing about the track and all that, do a little research yourself. What do you mean impressive for their time....They still dominate at the track. im done with you and the lies. Back on subject, the velite is a badass ride, Id take one over any car now.

Edited by jkdmaster

American cars are the only way to go, asian cars are just flat out junk, but thats my opinion.

478244[/snapback]

ah, then answer why the US car market took a beating in the 80's when Honda came and practically raped the market?! the Honda's were a premium cos' they used more advanced technology that the US/Europe manufacturers followed with after a good few years of honda making a fortune. honda agreed to only import a specified amount so that the US wouldnt put restrictions on the trade or tax them more.

and the us accuses of japan using unfair tactics?! hah!

I don't think asian cars are junk. they are desgined for bends, not just a drag strip. in europe and japan, we developed a concept called "corners" to make driving more fun :P hehe just messin ppl. corners are more fun though....you experience more thrill from superb cornering than in a straight line imo.

comparing US/JP is silly. stop it now. US uses V8's mostly in their muscle. JP's are mostly 4 cylinder and front-wheel as opposed to american rear wheel. The more higher-end JP's use 4wd, which will stuff a RWD around a set of bends.

although this new buick.....it surprises me at being a V6.

ah, then answer why the US car market took a beating in the 80's when Honda came and practically raped the market?! the Honda's were a premium cos' they used more advanced technology that the US/Europe manufacturers followed with after a good few years of honda making a fortune. honda agreed to only import a specified amount so that the US wouldnt put restrictions on the trade or tax them more.

and the us accuses of japan using unfair tactics?! hah!

I don't think asian cars are junk. they are desgined for bends, not just a drag strip. in europe and japan, we developed a concept called "corners" to make driving more fun :P hehe just messin ppl. corners are more fun though....you experience more thrill from superb cornering than in a straight line imo.

comparing US/JP is silly. stop it now. US uses V8's mostly in their muscle. JP's are mostly 4 cylinder and front-wheel as opposed to american rear wheel. The more higher-end JP's use 4wd, which will stuff a RWD around a set of bends.

although this new buick.....it surprises me at being a V6.

480935[/snapback]

I guess you have never driven in a 10 or 11 second car, it is really crazy. I used to have a Saab with a chip and some ther stuff, it was fast and could take turns but not even close to as much fun as the National is. Everyone is entitled to a opinion. Buick had been using turbo charging for YEARS, they just changed over to superchargers in the late 80s/early ninetys.

Jeez. why is this thread still alive. WHO CARES ABOUT BUICK! Lets leave it at this.. they usually make old people cars, now they've made something a little different. big freakin whoop.

480933[/snapback]

they haven't made anything YET. and probably never will. Buick is the GM line that's going to bite the dust by 2006. sorry to say it to the fans out there. I personally think it should be chevy.

I guess you have never driven in a 10 or 11 second car, it is really crazy. I used to have a Saab with a chip and some ther stuff, it was fast and could take turns but not even close to as much fun as the National is.  Everyone is entitled to a opinion. Buick had been using turbo charging for YEARS, they just changed over to superchargers in the late 80s/early ninetys.

482455[/snapback]

yeah i've been in plenty of fast cars....none of which were V6's...all 4 cylinder and were amazingly quick...the quickest being a very well-tuned Subaru Impreza STi (import). It was something else...and i guarantee that it handled a dang sight better than any RWD muscle car...oh yes...

yeah i've been in plenty of fast cars....none of which were V6's...all 4 cylinder and were amazingly quick...the quickest being a very well-tuned Subaru Impreza STi (import). It was something else...and i guarantee that it handled a dang sight better than any RWD muscle car...oh yes...

483583[/snapback]

If that Buick ever comes out, it would put a serious beatdown on an STi, it wouldnt even be a race. It would be a very capable car.