Official World of Warcraft (WoW) Discussion Thread

d3bruts1d

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got WoW... Is there a server that OCC guys primarily play on?

And.... does it make a difference what race you are?  Say I wanted to be a night elf warrior or something.... ?

569250[/snapback]

Each race has different abilities or traits that can be nice.

The Orc's have a +damage for pets which makes them good hunters or warlocks. Dwarfs have a +skill to guns which also makes them good hunters.

Gnomes have the escape artist ability, which while it isn’t that great, it helps out if you are a rogue.

Humans have +skill to swords and maces (I think that's the two). That helps out if you are a warrior or a pally.

The racial bonuses aren't anything that's really great... You can be just as good of a hunter playing a nelf as you could and orc or dwarf. I always pick my characters based on what I want to play more than anything.

The only racial trait that really WTFPWNs would be the trolls. They have a +throwing trait that is just devastating. /sarcasm.

---

As far as a server for OCC. Everyone is pretty well spread out. ;)

now how about pvp vs normal servers? I've got a lvl 11 Rogue on bloodhoof (normal).... but pvp sounds pretty tempting... Does anyone have a first hand experience with it?

I'm not sure if battlegrounds are gonna be enough pvp for me...

alright cool....

Could you explain the battlegrounds in a little more detail for me? How many people are fighting at one time? I read... 20-40 players... is that enough? What's the point of fighting in the battleground what's there to win and what's to lose.

You don't really lose anything from battlegrounds, but if you win you get a somewhat small amount of exp. Ithink it was like 2000 or something can't remember. They also have rank specific items, the more you play and the more you win the higher your rank. Once you achieve certain ranks you get special armor that only people of your rank can wear. They also have a few quests to be completed in battlegrounds.

I think that the battlegrounds provide a more realistic theme for the PVP idea...

Your right, the horde like to settle their differences in a game of CTF. :D

Edited by Ghost2520

You don't really lose anything from battlegrounds, but if you win you get a somewhat small amount of exp. Ithink it was like 2000 or something can't remember. They also have rank specific items, the more you play and the more you win the higher your rank. Once you achieve certain ranks you get special armor that only people of your rank can wear. They also have a few quests to be completed in battlegrounds.
I think that the battlegrounds provide a more realistic theme for the PVP idea...

Your right, the horde like to settle their differences in a game of CTF. :D

574788[/snapback]

Which is why I dont play world of Flagcraft... I think warsong gultch was the stupidist idea from blizzard... AV, and AB both offer somewhat realistic battles.

Which is why I dont play world of Flagcraft... I think warsong gultch was the stupidist idea from blizzard... AV, and AB both offer somewhat realistic battles.

575160[/snapback]

I've become a ninja master at AB! :) Who's that getting the flag? Oh... that's me! Muahaha.

Undead Rogue FTW

I'm loving my undead rogue....killing elves is getting sooooooo much easier....i never realized how annoying they can be >.<....I still love nightstar.....but I don't think twice anymore when I stab an elf in the back :-D

Edited by CelticaFLM

I've become a ninja master at AB! :) Who's that getting the flag? Oh... that's me! Muahaha.

Undead Rogue FTW

578908[/snapback]

Druids are better ninjas :)

I'm loving my undead rogue....killing elves is getting sooooooo much easier....i never realized how annoying they can be >.<....I still love nightstar.....but I don't think twice anymore when I stab an elf in the back :-D

579484[/snapback]

Ulgh I hate NEs, Shadow meld is so gay in AB... You have about 3 NEs melded on a flag you come running up to it in stealth and quickly unstealth and try to take the flag and what do you know you have 3 NEs gankin your butt..

Greetings Philippe,

Account Name:  *Bleep*

Realm:  *Phagzor*Aggramar

Character Name:  *Warlock*Polynuclear

Account Action:  72 Hour Suspension

Offense: Unauthorized access to a World of Warcraft account with malicious

intent.

The actions detailed above have been deemed inappropriate for the World of

Warcraft by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment.  For further

information, please view the World of Warcraft Policies and Terms of Use

Agreement: (http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/?id=agm01712p) and

(<http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/termsofuse.shtml>).

For any concerns or disputes on this matter, please E-Mail

[email protected] mailto:[email protected] and our Account

Administration team will be happy to assist you. 

Be aware that additional inappropriate actions may result in further

disciplinary action, leading up to or including account closure. We thank you in

advance for respecting our position.

Regards,

Kwastar

Game Master

Blizzard Entertainment

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

GG Blizzard at suspending yet another innocent life.

What I dont understand is why they have Polynuclear on there, I havent played him in 3 weeks -.-