Official World of Warcraft (WoW) Discussion Thread

d3bruts1d

hopefullly i will be picking up WoW next weekend!!!! i just gotta convince my mom to let me put it on her credit card...14$ a month...thats nothing, i hope she springs for it!!!!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does this server go live?

509360[/snapback]

No date has been set yet. Everyone thought it would come with the 1.6 patch, but it didn't. Hopefully in the next week or two.

509367[/snapback]

Blizzard posted that they hope to have it ready to go with the next content patch. Most people took that to mean a month or two. :D

any of you in big raiding guilds? i have been in one for about a month and we raid onyxia and mc constantly. its quite fun :D

511760[/snapback]

I'm in one on the alliance side, and currently apped for one on the Horde side as well, only 2 guilds on Uther have ever taken down Ragnaros, and only 1 has done it since the last time blizzard upgraded him.... though my horde guild isn't either of the 2 they have at least made it to him and taken him down to under 50% :) ( Which is quite a feat. )

Needless to say I'm quite happy to be joining a raiding guild on the horde side, as I've grown accustomed to my alliance counterparts doing the same.

So can someone explain to me how RP-PvP works?  And for that matter RP?  Because my first impression of RP-PvP would basically be like normal mode, but maybe what I think of RP mode is wrong.

510378[/snapback]

Can someone please answer this for me?

Can someone please answer this for me?

513481[/snapback]

Normal servers you cannot engage in PvP unless you somehow flag yourself for PvP. This requires an action to be preformed (type /pvp, help (heal, cure, whatever) someone that is flagged, etc.).

RP (RolePlay) servers are pretty much like normal servers. The only real exception is that the servers are more heavily enforced when it comes to the naming policy, griefing, language, etc. Also, like the normal servers you must flag yourself for PvP.

PvP servers will flag you for PvP as soon as you enter a contested area. Meaning you can be attacked just about anywhere. Actions that flag you for PvP on normal servers will still flag you in zones controlled by your faction.

RP-PvP servers are just what they would sound like. Take the rules from the PvP servers and apply it to an RP environment.

More info:

http://worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/realmtypes.html

Hi. My name is Bryan, and I've been WoW free for about a week.

516886[/snapback]

Haha, My name is also Bryan. I've been WoW free for about 3 months! I started playing during open beta and ate, slept, breathed WoW for months. I sold this account for $470~ back in March, but I recentlly got it back (long story) for free :D

http://bulkowski0.tripod.com/ebay/ for pics

I was in a good guild until the guild fell apart and members left to another guild (Discordia, maybe you've heard of them) so I got bored and roled alts on the new servers that came up (Firetree, etc.). I'm getting my new pc parts soon and I'll probably be up and running before they add an RP-PvP server. I don't want to start a new char on a non-new server, it sucks. What difference would an RP-PvP server offer compared to a normal RP or a normal PvP server? I've only played on PvP servers...