Intel's Next Cpu

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lots and lots of beautiful folding power :)

That was what I was gonna say. MMM raw core power...

200w + TEC cooling. OUCH! [offtopic] power consumption would be increadible. TECs take a ridiculs amount anyway. Ever try to set up a pelt system? [/offtopic]

Sence when has INTEL used a steppign system to power down their computers? last I heard only AMD has brought that to the desktop market, yet busnessess haven't realized how much that would be for Lifespan and power consuption yet.. sign..

Sence when has INTEL used a steppign system to power down their computers? last I heard only AMD has brought that to the desktop market, yet busnessess haven't realized how much that would be for Lifespan and power consuption yet.. sign..

According to the Intel datasheet for the new 800MHz Xeons with EMT 64:

On-Demand Mode

The processor provides an auxiliary mechanism that allows system software to force the processor

to reduce its power consumption. This mechanism is referred to as

• 2 months later...
Except nobody has the new xeons yet :-

321521[/snapback]

yes I do. and it looks like the P4 design will only live on in the SMP Xeon market for now. unfortunately that makes the EM64T intel chips WAY to expensive for the average user... unless intel is able to bring 64 bit instruction to the dothan (based closely off the PIII).

stability is more toward intels???? what the * are u smoking???? ive had more intels die on me than amd's.... and self builders, AMD outsells intel about 50 to 1 (according to bigred) stoopid intel fanboys. i support them both i juste perfer amd

Stability? and can't you get dual AMD64s? Is that just for Opterons? I thought you could..

389128[/snapback]

it's just dual optetrons, since dual amd 64's would work very well for servers

since optetrons are made for Servers

AMD outsells 50 to 1? wtf

yea thats def wrong

maybe for hardcore gamers

but not in the entire world

intel has more of a market, thats just kinda like.....accepted fact

cause schools buisnees etc use intel more

Edited by CoolMaster

that is why i said for self builders...of course in the world considering all the prebuilt crapy systems intel outsells amd but in the world of self built computers, amd wins

Edited by zigen