Sign in to follow this  
pi-dickens_project

Intel's Next Cpu

I was just wondering if anyone knoew what the next processor Intel was palnning to put out was, and when they plan on releasing it.

they'll try to one-up amd with a faster 64bit. which will probably suck (i hope :lol:)

:withstupid:

we'll see. ATI overtook NVIDIA, but NVIDIA are awesome at the mo.....can intel claw back their reign? i hope not - AMD are awesome for the price :)

yeah, lets get back on topic :)

it will be interesting to see if intels next offering is more reasonably priced :D

Intel's next big thing will be the "F" series P4's, which to be honest just kinda copy what AMD has already done. They are full 64-bit processors, and they add support for SP2's No Execute feature. Also, some of the higher end models will get an fsb boost from 800 to 1066.

I hope Intel does well. The better they do the better AMD will have to do to keep up and vice versa.

If Intel comes out with a clearly better chip then my next computer will be intel. I don't care what prand is on the product as long as it does what I want it to do, fast, and for a good price.

Their forthcoming stuff does look a bit like a hack job-playing catch up with AMD. It's the next next cpu that I'd like to hear about.

by then amd will have a better one anyway :)

128bit !!! :lol: (kidding)

LOL very true. To be honest, I wouldn't be suprised to see intel drastically change their pipeline architecture for the NEXT next chip. They've been milking their netburst architecture ever since the 1.3ghz Williamette...I think it's going to run out of steam eventually. They can't just keep lengthing the pipe to get more clock increases, you know? It seems like what's happening to intel right now is the same thing that happened to AMD with the high-end barton chips: They've run out of headroom, and they're having to kinda "cheat" a bit to make their chips "faster." (like how AMD would raise the fsb, but not the overall clock, and give the chip a needlessly high rating. Athlon XP 3200+ vs. 3.2C anybody?)