Intel's Next Cpu

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMD's next chips will be dual-core chips. It's kinda like hyperthreading, except with the dual-cores it's two FULL cores on one die, unlike HT where it's kinda like 1.5 cores on a die. It will be identical to having a dual-opteron system, but there's only one physical chip. Intel will be releasing full dual-core chips as well, but the heat dissipation numbers on them is shocking (200W+ and they require TEC cooling)

I love my AMD B)

^^ imagine having 4 of them......

lol, that's what I was thinking. It would be completely feasable to have two of them in a dual-opteron board, right? If so, then that would be wicked fast. Grab an MSI K8T Master2 (or whatever the exact name is) and slap two dual-cores in...sweetness... :P

the next big thing from intel is a better fabrication process that they are working on now.. i think mac os x should come out for x86 because it is so smooth :( but macs are just SO slow.. but.. i think INTEL will be coming out with somthing big

well ATI is ruling the pack with there x800 ultra..

Go IBM G5 chip!...wait no, GO AMD yea thats it, as long as AMD's stay on the cheaper side and continue to evolve their chips into things we all love, then i see no reason why they wont stay on top