Intel's Next Cpu

too true. they have unbeatable value for money

yep, this is also why more and more people are using linux, i think that as soon as the gaming portion of linux evolves....linux will pull an AMD and make a huge advance in the OS market....but back to processors.... :P

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but intel can get away with that because just the name "Intel" has such a large market presence that people buy computers just because it has an Intel chip, i bet that if you actually polled people when they buy a computer at a retail store only half would know who AMD is. so this is why intel can charge higher for their chips

Even IF intels new chip comparable to AMDs 64bit....it will never beat the price of AMD....intel is always on the expensive end

Yeah, I think that's what it all boils down to. I mean, Intel DOES Have 64-bit processors now...but the problem is they're WAY too expensive to be competitive. A 3ghz Nocona Xeon costs $349, while an Athlon 64 3000+ costs $165. That's just a no brainer...they're about equal in speed, but one costs over twice as much as the other, not even mentioning how much a Xeon motherboard costs. And plus, Xeons don't OC nearly as well as the A64's do. You could get an A64, a sweet mobo, and awesome air cooling ALL for the price of that one Xeon.

Edited by Eva_Unit_0

once. for about 5 seconds. and it sucked. oh well....

i'm quite happy for all the people who don't give a dang about their computer to have them @ that price, and it also keeps pc enthusiasts away from them :)