Intel's Next Cpu

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit even with amd now, and considering an amd system, im still an Intel fanboy, they didnt get out the first 64 bit, so? there chips are faster in my opnion, amd has had multiple chips out since then, when intel releases there 64 bit chip p4 f or whatever, i def think it will rule over amd for aleast a short period ;p like most say _most games_ everything else ~ intel ~_~

I don't see how being faster can be an opinion...the numbers don't lie. Intel simply got caught of guard, and they fell behind. Same thing happened to Nvidia with the nv3x chips...I'm an nvidia fan, but I'll be the first to admit that only the 5900 and 5700 series were worth owning out of that whole generation. I hope intel does well with the "f" series chips, but I honestly don't think things look good for them right now.

first off intel's prices will stay higher due to them having to pay off AMD for the 64 bit extensions... and that name thing.

second, the g5... though designed by IBM it is NOT made by IBM. IBM lacks the fabs to turn em out in large quantities needed by apple... and with motorola out of the game that leaves the burden on one big chip maker who just happens to know a little about 64 bit chips... and has a fab in dresden... we know them as AMD.

finally intel DID beat AMD to the punch in the 64 bit battle... almost 3 1/2 years ago! although they finished 2nd to DEC and the mighty Alpha. however they ran right past everything else and kinda forgot that the software needed to run the chips was 32 bit, and even in the age of 64 bit software you still need to run your old 32 bit apps... along with a sky high price tag, a few billion lines of extra code in the OS to translate for the chip (thus making it MUCH slower in 32 bit stuff than modern chips)... and you have Intel /HP's sinking ship sometimes referred to as Itanic.

Though Intels pricing on the Prescotts are high, some stores such as the one I work at are selling them in comparision to high-speed A64 CPU's such as the 3200+ and the 3400+. We can afford to do it, and still make more profit on them compared to the AMD processors.

Well heres the thing. Sooner or later We "computer Geeks" will choose AMD. I know it. Becuase

1 We Overclock(Cheap AMD CPU prices)

2 Becuase most ppl in this forum is an AMD person

3. AMD already came out with 64 before intel. so they know what to fix and all those other revision...

But for Intel next CPU. I think they are gonna do 64 for a while then 128? But all the stuff that u hear. Will come at 2006. 2006 will be the best year ever. Everything comes out. =p

but i will choose AMD if ONLY if they chnage their mounitng clip...really annoying do hard to take out and put back in. And make it compatible with P4. cheaper heatsinks. get intel ppl to comvert to AMD =p

Well heres the thing. Sooner or later We "computer Geeks" will choose AMD. I know it. Becuase

1 We Overclock(Cheap AMD CPU prices)

2 Becuase most ppl in this forum is an AMD person

3. AMD already came out with 64 before intel. so they know what to fix and all those other revision...

But for Intel next CPU. I think they are gonna do 64 for a while then 128? But all the stuff that u hear. Will come at 2006. 2006 will be the best year ever. Everything comes out. =p

but i will choose AMD if ONLY if they chnage their mounitng clip...really annoying do hard to take out and put back in. And make it compatible with P4. cheaper heatsinks. get intel ppl to comvert to AMD =p

huh :huh:

I just sent out the money for my amd 64 system. Cant wait till the day that I get it in. Next week I should have a a64 3200+ clawhammer running! I've also been tinkering the idea of just getting a 2600+ or a 2500+ and running it for folding.

Ok, since none of you seemed to actually manage to answer the original question...

Intel's next actually different CPU will probably be based off of their Pentium M's. Considering thier Banias core at 2.0ghz completely PWNS a Athlon XP 3200+ in every task, should be good...And less heat :D