What's The Fastest You've Ever Gone?

InvaderTrax

I really dont know how fast my cars goes, I have a 160 MPH speedo and it pegs it its still pulling hard even at that speed, of corse 10 lbs of boost in a 93 trans am with an LT1 will do that. according to the calculators I have at 6000 RPM my gears and tires size I should have been going like 190 but I have no way of really knowing.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somewhere in the 185-190mph zone. my uncle is loaded and he's got a lamborghini countach, a ferrari f50, and 2 (don't ask me why) saleen s7s. he's got a 2 mile strip of land he's paved. he took me out in his ferrari, we took it up to about 170. then bless my heart he let me drive. talk about adrenaline. vroom.

Oooooo

all of ya r goin so fast

i used to do an co-op for mechanics at a custon shop, so got to take a good ammount of them cars for the testdrive, i dunno how fast the fastest was,

but of my or family cars,

i hit bout 160(guess) k/hr in my dads 86 parisesene wagon, the spedo only goes to 140, so ya, guess at 160. the needle was back almost at 0. ahaha

i hit 220k in my uncles stock H2, it felt like it had a bit more, but ya, it was my uncles new truck, so i didnt wanna go over kill

and the more scarry one was my buddies kawa. ninja, i took that to like 270ish i believe, i was holding on to that handle bar for my dear life!

hhaha

all were fun tho

the wagon was the funniest, scarry i guess for the ppl in front of my, seeing that comming up behind them

hehe :P

• 2 weeks later...

i regularly do 150mph on the pavement.....then quite literally it takes off and then 520mph at altitude (or M.078)

but in a real car? used to have a '79 242 volvo. 105mph for about 3 minutes once...wouldnt go any faster. and....well 80 or so on gravel at times back in college.

but i got a ride in an NSX...turbocharged.....and it felt like a large st.bernard was standing on my chest. i coudl feel the seatback foam deform around me more and more and the power came on bigger and bigger. it was nothing ive felt before so it was not alarming...just spectacularly different.

70mph (speed limit in the uk) Vauxhall Nova 1.2l Sting (Factory tuned special edition but i think i can probably get ~110mph)

115mph Vauxhall Cavaliar 1.7 Turbo Diesel (Stock, and i wasn't driving)