AMD vs. Intel

both are good for different things.

depends what u want to do.

(+) hell, i can get the best processor in the world and make it slower than an old k6-200

Edited by uts8

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this about AMD not overclocking very well? Umm...check the sig...900 mhz o/c...that's 60% above stock speed...

who said amd doesn't OC well? people seem to love the mobiles.

PS. With the new 739's just released, AMD is pulling farther and farther away with the lead....i think some of the dust clogged up the intel factories.

Well my brother has a Barton OC'ed to 3200+(and then some),we have the same video,and I get better framerates in games and beat it in benchies.And I can do more things at the same time on top of that.Now,having said that,my next computer will probably be AMD64.Unless Intel gets it together.

• 2 weeks later...

I defenatly plan on going AMD64 even if intel gets together, i jsut think intel is being a bit of a pain lately.... Plus i'm one of those 0.0001% of peope who need 64 bit registers ( working on teh addressing)

:foldon:

I love my Athlon 64 3200+ just built it a couple of months ago but i am already awaiting a choice in 939 pin mobo's cause i can't wait to get my hands on the newcastle core probally the 3500+ unless my trip to mohegan sun is good then ill get the 3800+ I am loving my windows xp 64 i wish there more programs

:foldon:

I am an AMD fan, and love them to death,but I do see the advantages of intel over amd, and also the adventages of amd of intel.

But i found it kinda funny that no one said anything about this comment.

Here is an interesting article from Forbes magizine. I only post this cause someone told me that AMD had plundered Intel in sales last year http://www.forbes.com/2003/09/15/cx_ah_0915mondaymatch.html

Intel has a much bigger foundation of products. They sell more than just the processors, and anyways most likely (Estimating) 80% of intel processors go into computers by dell, hp, gateway, or other companies.

:D

:bah: