AMD vs. Intel

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the bias in your statements. I for one have both AMD's and 1 Intel (3.0c)and i prefer my AMDs. I got my intel mainly to have more folding for my dollars. I like them both so it doesnt matter to me what anybody has to say about them. My intel spanks my 2500 @2.3 desktop in the benchies but at more than twice the price it better.I will stll get an A64 when the better Nf3-250 boards come out and finances will allow it. And will probably pick up a 2500 or 2600 mobile to put on my infinity. Its all good for me. :foldon::foldon: By the way thermal my 3.0 will spank yours!

First off, what was the point of that?

Second off, it's all fun and games man. Chill out. I'm sure every AMD user here knows that the PR ratings DO NOT coincide with matching the speeds of an Intel. It was a myth, we know it. Don't push it anymore, and laugh at the AMD users who do.

Third, even in 32 bit, the Athlon64 FX3 kills every Intel processor right now. To bad AMD users would have to pay $800 to get something to beat Intel in everything.

I think that's it. Basically, relax. It's all for .** and giggles. I'm not sure about the other AMD'ers here, but I know my 2.2 Ghz 2500+ doesn't come close to any P4 out there or above, but I still like my AMD because I payed about a fifth of the cost of a p4 for about the same REAL WORLD, not benchmark, performance.

Guest ThermalGuru
I see the bias in your statements. I for one have both AMD's and 1 Intel (3.0c)and i prefer my AMDs. I got my intel mainly to have more folding for my dollars.
Edited by ThermalGuru

I for one have a taste for both CPU's just don't appreciate it when "certain users" on this board like to talk smack about ppl who buy Intel CPU's for absolutely no apparant reason in almost every thread...... :angry:

I use an AMD machine upstairs...its good for two things only....Email and Surfing the net.

What no folding? Its all good no flame wars or anything its all in fun. But i am stable at 3.52 and rising. :foldon::foldon:

I for one have a taste for both CPU's just don't appreciate it when "certain users" on this board like to talk smack about ppl who buy Intel CPU's for absolutely no apparant reason in almost every thread...... :angry:

I'm in the same boat. and I also see it from the opposite of where your'e coming from on this, though it's the same goal.

Just remember no matter what side your opinion rests with, it's only an OPINION. no one is right and no one is wrong.

I hate flame posts. Arguing on the internet is totally pointless. So is arguing in person. All you do is get really ticked. People should use whatever they want to, for whatever reasons they want to. There's no reason to lose your temper over it.

Remember, all that's really imortant is that your machine does what you want it to, at a tolerable speed.