Folding Contests, How Should They Work?

Bosco

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybee we can do a recruting contest and have try to get more and more members folding. and the more recrutes you have the more tickets you have. so more friends that will join on to help fold = greater chance of winning.

how bout special contest based on processor class. 1 class with crappy processors (like my main rigs celeron) like the celeron and sempron and see who gets the most. the other class with non ht p4 and below 2500 bartons, and then the 3rd class, p4ee and fx series, and the last class, prescotts and bartons, hope u get the picture. besides the contest, i dont care much bout winning, its bout helping find cures for diseases viruses and cancers. i lost a few family members due to heart problems and im folding to help find cures. lets kill std also so we can give birth to future folding users lol. :foldon::foldon::foldon:

I saw we take those who have turned in WUs during the time of the contest, put their names in a drawing of some sort, and pick randomly. That way people who only have acces to one or two PCs (me) aren't pitted up against people with giant farms in terms of production. This way also rules out those who haven't folded in a an incredibly long time.

Your starting w/u amount + end w/u amount

----------------------------------------------------

number of weeks the contest goes

EX:

10+20

------- = 15 tickets

This favors big producers, the formula needs to be adjusted to encourage low level producers.

• 3 weeks later...

i have tried to read through all seven pages of this topic, got to the fourth one and thought, nah i'll just go to the end.

I did notice though some ideas that people suggested about having different catagores in the folding contests. So there would be a price for people with a certain number of active processors so you could have groups 1 processor, 2-4 processors and so on. I think that this is a really good idea and is probably the fairest way of doing things. It woudl also be good if users were made aware when they moved up into the next catagory, so they had more DNA strands or something, to signify that they had moved up to the next level of folding as they had added more machines or something.

i have tried to read through all seven pages of this topic, got to the fourth one and thought, nah i'll just go to the end.

I did notice though some ideas that people suggested about having different catagores in the folding contests. So there would be a price for people with a certain number of active processors so you could have groups 1 processor, 2-4 processors and so on. I think that this is a really good idea and is probably the fairest way of doing things. It woudl also be good if users were made aware when they moved up into the next catagory, so they had more DNA strands or something, to signify that they had moved up to the next level of folding as they had added more machines or something.

So like a F@H ranking system?

What would we use a lot of dna strains?

I think it would just be fair like this:

To determine First place, you get one entry per 1000 points. So, people that have hundreds of machines folding for them will have many chances, but everyone else will still have a couple chances in there. This is good because those guys are working hard, and do deserve a good prize.

For second and third place, if you get 1000 points, you get an entry, and you only get one. That way it'll even the score for everyone, so that some of us who aren't putting out 20 WU's a day have a shot too.