Intel Is Pissing Me Off!

From a business point of view, it makes sense for intel to prevent overclocking. When you look at the number of PC's in the world, what percentage do you reckon are overclocked? Intel's view is simple: if you want a faster processor, buy a bigger one and spend more money.

I work for a very large insurance company who use all intel machines. And there are a lot of them! In my second job, people always ask me for intel processors, as they go by reputation.

As for intel losing their base, lets be realistic: they'll only lose a small percentage. I predict that AMD will start some advertising campaigns soon, as there has been a general lack of it. Now that they have a more established consumer base, I would imagine that more money can be pumped into advertising.

I also predict i'll be shifting my P4 2.53 to and AMD 64 next year (cash permitting). It's worth a try. Think of it this way (esp thos die hard fans of manufacturers who refuse to try the opposition): without trying lots of different foods, cuisines etc, how can you decide on your favourite?

Edited by Silverfox

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard I think I'm in love with you...

whoa whoa, easy tiger! :lol:

and yatstv... you need to stop shouting (out of your arse)... what traffic jam is this? i think maybe you tuned into the road traffic channel by accident... cos if anything, it's AMD that has the bottlenecks... (i'm sure fx53 sorts this out a bit tho)

I think Intel have thrown in the towel. Their latest chip has been crap and i dont think they have much left in them. Looks like AMD will be breaking out the champagne, cause i for one will go back over to them. Intel are just like Microsoft and dont give a crap about their public customers, only their corporate customers. Well i hope AMD continue making great chips that are overclockable ;)

Doesn't AMD's A64's overclock like crap? If they do, then why is it such a hard thing to take when Intels new chips will overclock like crap? Maybe we are just hitting the clocks that is physically possible with silicon.

Maybe we are just hitting the clocks that is physically possible with silicon.

I don't think so.

And the AMD 64's don't overclock well but its not that AMD is trying to toally stomp it out. People are starting to push them and they do have mobiles with unlocked multis.

The A-64's do O/C very well if they have a mobo in which the pci and agp locks actually work. The Nf3 150 boards had locks but they didnt work. The new crop of Nf3-250 boards have the locks actually working and can run up to 250+fsb :foldon::foldon: . I'll get one in January if they are still around since i just blew my wad on a P.4 3.0c SL6WU and Ic7maxIII

Ok, so the A64s overclock like crap, but at least they overclock. If AMD can release a truly budget line of A64s with an unlocked multi and step up the adverstising, I'd suspect that Intel would lose a bit of the market.

Ok, so the A64s overclock like crap, but at least they overclock. If AMD can release a truly budget line of A64s with an unlocked multi and step up the adverstising, I'd suspect that Intel would lose a bit of the market.

can you say 'mobile'?