Intel Is Pissing Me Off!

OK, i loved intel because i always believed they were the better processor! Now, i believe AMD is the one who is better. The new socket for intel has F*cking gay features like NO OVERCLOCKING in its North chipsets. Also u have the super pins already in the mobo and with the new chipsets, u have to have a PCI express video card!! And because the processors are so hot, u need to buy a whole new case thats BTX compatiple. Intel is really stupid for having the feature of NO OVERCLOCKING!! this will shun away many consumers!! There doing everything wrong. I have now changed my mind, when my computer gets really old (in like 2 years or less) I will buy a AMD system!!! WORD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's probably your slow-as-a-rather-tired-snail-on-a-hot-day memory...

oh nm, you are talking about prescott's i take it? or some other future intel cpu? you CAN overclock the prescott a lot... you just need uber-cooling to do it...

I have now changed my mind, when my computer gets really old (in like 2 years or less) I will buy a AMD system!!! WORD

erm, in two YEARS things will be a LOT different... word to yo mutha. Ice, ice, baby.

When you look at computers, the percent of people who overclock is quite small. Even if Intel doesn't allow overclocking, it won't hurt sales very much. Intel doesn't make hardware for hard-core users anyway, mostly OEM's use their boards.

I'm sure ABIT, ASUS, DFi, MSI, and all the others will still make overclocking boards.

I assume your talking about this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040619/index.html

"And then there is a major annoyance for ambitious users: Intel obviously spent time on figuring out how to prevent users from overclocking their systems. That's right: no overclocking. We uncovered the anti-overclocking mechanism that is part of all 900 series MCH chips. "

yeh im switching to AMD too.

next year i shall be building some 64bit amd... :( im leaving the intel land... ooo the bright side... all 6 of my rigs are Intel so far

I assume your talking about this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040619/index.html

"And then there is a major annoyance for ambitious users: Intel obviously spent time on figuring out how to prevent users from overclocking their systems. That's right: no overclocking. We uncovered the anti-overclocking mechanism that is part of all 900 series MCH chips. "

Wow,that's news to me. What in the heck are they thinking?

Most of the reasons you stated for leaving Intel are flawed. The only points you made that where valid are the fragile socket pins and possibly the heat. Several socket 775 baords will have an agp slot, will overclock just fine, and will be ATX form factor.

I prefer AMD, but my reasons are sound, well reasearched, and personally confirmed by me. You should really try to understand thsi kind of stuff better before making a decision on what CPU you will get/use in the future. Going to AMD for the wrong reasons will not help.